[PP-F1] On the Evening Hunt [Complete]

Klein watched as she missed. As her blade finished moving , he automatically appeared under her blade flying upward into the air. Blade missed as he scowled at the boar. He stepped back as the boar struck him in the chest.

He placed the tip of his blade into the ground and huffed a bit." " That was terrible damn it." He sat beside his sword and stared at the boar."Next...?"

Gestein: 9/9

Cindel: 15/15

Klein: 14/15

Boar: 2/2

Boar: Defeated

Fresh off of the success of it's partner's attack, the second boar closed the gap on Klein as well. As Klien was preoccupied with the damage from the first boar, the second seized the opportunity and rammed into his leg with enough force to deal damage.

Klein: 13/15

"Tch, these things are getting annoying." Gestein mused. The damn things refused to go down without a fight. The boar that had charged Klein kept running, and aimed itself squarely at his burly fellow party member. Rather than attempt to dodge the attack, Gestein brought his hammer up in preparation. If the beast was coming for him, he would take the attack head on and strike it down.

Just as the boar lowered its head in an attempt to gore Gestein's leg, the big man let out a mighty roar and ferociously drove his hammer into the beast's skull, shattering it upon impact. There was no skill involved; simply raw power and strength. As luck would have it, the boar also dropped a crafting material, which Gestein quickly added to his inventory. "Alright, one down, one to go. Who's got this?"

*Yay it's me again* Cindel turned to focus on the last remaining boar. She advanced on it, performing the motions for one of her Rapier skills as she did.

**Rolling Combat**

BD: 10 *CRIT HIT*

DMG: 4 = 1+[1 Rapier Skill]+2[Crit10]

combat_atk_anim_sm.gif

boarkill.png

And this time she did it perfectly. Cindel landed a direct hit on the boar's head as she side swiped past it. *Finally!* "WOOT!" she shouted turning from her previous strike to face her companions. "I killed it!" she joked.

--------------------------------

He grinned a bit as he watched her finish off the last boar. A shake of his head as he spoke." Sarcastic attitudes are your forte aren't they?"He stood up and dusted off his clothing.Lesson one...strength in numbers here.. lesson two.. Stay close to the city.. lesson three...protect each other. It's our way til we can go off to bigger floors. We need to do this.." He looked at her and tilted and spoke" Sound right ?"

Gestein nodded along with Klein's assessment of the battle and the lessons it was meant to teach. "Sounds about right. These may have been small fries, but we can still learn a thing or two from fighting them together." He said in response. Though the fight was relatively simple, they still were able to come together and form an effective fighting unit.

"I do think I need to do a little bit more grinding before I can tackle another floor, though. Probably some better equipment as well. But, overall, I feel pretty good about this." He said with a grin as he looked at the pair; the way they playfully teased one another made the man think that they would make a pretty good couple if they ever got together. Despite being a little behind in levels, he hoped that he would soon catch up to them.

"Thank you both. For everything." His hand balled into a fist and slammed down onto his chest in salute to the both of them. "When the time comes, I'll do my best to protect the both of you."

Cindel agreed. "I just had a sword crafted myself, actually I was on my way to pick it up when we bumped in to you." she remarked. "Klein is going to be a smith! If you gather enough mats I'm sure he'd love to try making you a new hammer! I'd help you of course if you need, the Captain here would too I'm sure." she added realizing she should probably stop speaking for Klein.

"We're all in the same boat, If we work together we just might survive a little longer." she said a bit sarcastically, but it was hard to tell. Cindel then nodded to the big man in response and returned a western styled salute, hand over her forehead.

"Was nice to meeting you Sir Giant!"

cind_salute_shadow.png

A nod was given at the mention of him becoming a smithy. He smiled and spoke." I don't mind helping and designing things for you. Also, I will send you a message when I get the guild up and running. " He smiled a bit before looking at the gates." Well... we can either go now or go home." He didn't care at the moment since he had time to spare. It was nice meeting new friends. In fact, he wanted to mold players into defenders and warriors of the game to protect the weak.

Eyes turned back to the two and he shrugged. " I'll do whatever you two decide. I'm not too picky at this very moment."

"I might take you up on that offer. I could really use some armor, and I have a few ideas for a nice new war hammer, if possible." Gestein said in reply as he relaxed out of his salute. He would look forward to seeing the invite to the new guild as well. Hopefully he would get along with whoever else ended up joining, but he trusted that Klein's assessment of potential recruits would be fairly good.

"I think I'm going to go ahead and call it a night. You two go on ahead." He said, politely excusing himself from the invitation. He had a sneaking suspicion that he would only end up a third wheel if he invited the pair to a tavern for the evening, and didn't particularly feel like fighting more mobs. Now that they were friends, though, he was more than ready and willing to party up with either of them should the need arise. "I'll see you guys next time!" He said with a cheery smile, waving goodbye before making the trek back to town.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THREAD COMPLETE

Rewards:

400 Col (for one full completed page of the topic)/3 = 133 col per person

+1 Mat for Gestein (successful loot roll)