[PP-F3] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Quest [Echo & Rebekah]

Dylan accepts the quest with a heavy heart "I shouldn't do this alone, I should go with somebody. But who? Who would go n a quest even if they won't get the reward." He sits on a bench. "The monsters are high level, I could die. They could do serious damage. However, if what they say is true, I could end up with a Familiar. I think I know a guy who can help. His name is....Echo. That's it. I should send him a message." He sends a message to Echo and waits for any response. When a notification appears about Echo's response, he got up with smile. "Well, now I'm most likely not gonna die. I should also invite Rebekah too.. Our last trip didn't end well, so I want to leave on a good note." He sends a notification, waits for Echo to appear and waits for Rebekah''s response.

I receive a message from Dylan not to long ago. The message reads: Um, I've seen you around the Starter City and I know you're kinda of pretty, but I want to a quest, but the floor is high and I might die. Can you come with? I swipe the window away and stepped onto Urbus' teleport gate. "Teleport, Delilah Village!" I shout, as I de-materialize into polygons. I step out of Delilah Village's teleport gate, and onto its settlement. I scan the area looking for Dylan, and approach the central plaza. I took a seat on the bench awaiting for Dylan. I sent him a message, telling him I'm in the central plaza waiting for him. I put my head back and stare up at the sky. "A Familiar's Quest.. Tch. I don't think those are necessary for me. I guess that's what happens when you become a beast tamer." I said, as I watch the clouds go by.

When he receives the notification from Echo, he runs over there. After running for a while, he finally reaches him. He falls over panting "I'm out of shape, or its this game. Could be either one. Um sorry about the erm pretty part that I wrote. I was thinking about Rebekah." He realized what he said wasn't supposed to be said. "Don't tell her a single word I said. Please? I'm begging you." He sighs and the color in his face returns. ""Anyway, are you ready to go? I'm ready."

I look over to the sound of a player panting. I could see now it was Dylan. "Dylan, Dylan, Dylan. It's not that you're out of shape. It's the lack of motivation." I said, attempting to sound philosophical. I then start to laugh after trying to hold it in. "No worries, Dylan. We're just not use to the mechanics yet." I said, as I stood up scanning the area for Rebekah. "Don't worry about it. I won't tell her squat." I said, looking away. I then look back at him with a serious face, "We should be waiting for Rebekah." I said, as I take a seat back on the bench.

"Thanks for not telling.., but yeah, where is she? Could she be doing a quest herself?" He sighs and sits on the bench. "Maybe you should message her, I mean you both are friends.." He looks at the ground. "Ooh, I haven't decided what the familiar I should get. Hm.., it should be a dog, they are very loyal and they listen to commands." He looks at the city. "When do you think we'll get out of here?" He asks Echo, a bit concerned about how his sister is holding up.

"No problem, Dylan. Yeah.. Where could Rebekah be at a time like this?" I gave out a long yawn and stretch my arms out. Dylan requested that I should message her, because I am her friend. I swipe down my menu and scroll down to Rebekah. "Yeah. I'll do it right now." I said, as I type out the message and sent it to her. I swipe the menu away, and stood on my feet. "So what familiar are you planning to get, Dylan?" I ask, as I dip my hand into the fountain.

"A dog, maybe a large one. Its kinda of fitting as they're loyal and they're easily taught commands.. Also I've always wanted one in real life, but we could never afford one, especially with mom in the hospital." He looks down a bit sadly at the ground, and then looks back up. "I don't think she's coming, although, if'd you want, we can wait a bit more.." He looks at the sun setting. "Its getting pretty late, we should get going.."

She had just woken up from her nap, only to find that she had unread messages while she was asleep. Another quest on the 3rd floor, and helping find a pet. She thought about it for a while, before deciding if she should go or not. Naturally, after her last adventure, she would have preferred to sleep. She decided that she was going to grab something to eat first before making her way over. They can start without her, besides they can handle it by themselves for at least a few hours.

I gave him a confused expression, "A dog? I can't believe the familiars in this game. If that's what you want, then that's what we'll get." I said shaking my head. Dylan looked a bit down, and I grin at him. "It's alright if she doesn't show up. We can do most of the quest, and she can catch up. You can keep her up to date with anything." I said, as I stood up. I motion him towards the exit, "Let's Rock!" I said, as I run towards the exit.

" Okay, it says here we have to feed a monster without killing it, question is what do we feed it? I still have bread from the beginner's pack, so could I use that. Also where would we find a dog?" He closes the menu and continues walking. "You'd think they would make this easier, but it is an rpg after all. O should name it Clover. That sounds right."

I gave Dylan a dumbfound expression, "Honestly, I think once you feed the familiar and it likes you, you'll be good to go!" I said. We head down the path towards the fields, and there were a handful of familiars. I ran towards some of them, but they scurried off. "Hurry up, Dylan. Before I scare them all off." I said jokingly.

A large dog approaches them. "Ok, so do I just walk up to it and feed it? I mean it can't be that easy. Nothing is ever that easy" He takes out 1 bread from his inventory. "Do I lower its HP or something. Wait, no that's Pokemon." He walks up to it and trys to feed it food. "Here boy.., don't you wanna bite of bread?" Suddenly, the rest if its pack shows up. "I knew there was a catch." He runs at the second dog. With his dagger in hand, he stabs it, but is bitten by the other one. "These are gonna be tough to kill.. Really tough."

Dylan's HP: 12/15

Echo's HP: 39/39

Dog 1: 6/6 Target, Don't kill!

Dog 2: 4/6

Dog 3: 6/6

Dog 3: 6/6

Dylan was bitten by one of the dogs, and he didn't want me to attack the one he approached. I place my right hand out, and Fury's Echo materializes on my hand. "Alright, Let's Rock!" I shout, as I dash towards the third dog. I leap into the air, and slam my sword down onto it. The third dog stopped for a moment, and shatters into polygons. I leap back to Dylan and lean against my sword. "Your turn bud." I said, as I give out a yawn.

Party

» Dylan [12/15 HP]

» Echo [39/39 HP]

Enemy

» Dog [06/06 HP]

» Dog [04/06 HP]

» Dog [DEAD]

» Dog [06/06 HP]

«Fury's Echo» +2 DMG, +1 AC

«Wintercloak» +1 AC

«Straight Sword» Rank 2

"I'll kill the one that I damaged!" He runs at it holding his dagger in his hand. "They're just a bunch of 1s and 0s, so why am I feel so bad for attack them. No, just shut up, they attacked you first. Being distracted causes one of the dogs to get the better of him. The dog scratches his right eye, causing everything seen in that eye to be blurred. "My depth vision, I won't be able to tell if they're close or not. Ugh..At least it didn't take too much HP, I can heal next turn."

Party

» Dylan [10/15 HP]

» Echo [39/39 HP]

Enemy

» Dog [06/06 HP]

» Dog [04/06 HP]

» Dog [DEAD]

» Dog [06/06 HP]

"Dylan!" I shouted, as he staggers a bit. I grip tight the handle of my sword, and dash towards the fourth dog. I slid to the side of the fourth dog, and brought my sword high. "A bunch of Kayaba's creations. Nothing more." I said, as I brought my sword down upon it. The dog was able to evade my attack, and took a few steps back.

Party

» Dylan [10/15 HP]

» Echo [39/39 HP]

Enemy

» Dog [06/06 HP]

» Dog [04/06 HP]

» Dog [DEAD]

» Dog [06/06 HP]

«Fury's Echo» +2 DMG, +1 AC

«Wintercloak» +1 AC

«Straight Sword» Rank 2

"Give me a minute and I'll be up and running." He stands still ready to defend if it comes to it. His eye starts healing and it fully regenerates. "That's good, next turn I can start fighting again and end this once and for all."

Party

» Dylan [12/15 HP]

» Echo [39/39 HP]

Enemy

» Dog [06/06 HP]

» Dog [04/06 HP]

» Dog [DEAD]

» Dog [06/06 HP]

Without hesitation, I took off towards the same dog. "You're going to die, dog!" I shout, as I leap over it. I brought my sword up and slam it right now on the dog's back. There was such much dirt floating about, and I couldn't tell if I hit the dog or not. I missed the dog by a thread, and it starts to scurry back to its pack. I place my sword on my shoulder, and leap back to safety.

Party

» Dylan [12/15 HP]

» Echo [39/39 HP]

Enemy

» Dog [06/06 HP]

» Dog [04/06 HP]

» Dog [DEAD]

» Dog [06/06 HP]

"Who you gonna call? Dogbusters!" Dylan laughs at the reference he made and runs over to the dog. "Gotta go faster, faster, gotta go faster!" He jumps over the dog, skidding to a stop. "You thought I was gonna stop? Well, if you want me,, come and get me!" He runs taunting the dogs to chase him. "Echo, here is your chance! Kill the dogs while you still have a chan" He is cut off mid-sentence after the dogs catch up to him and maul leaving him with 3 HP.

Party

» Dylan [3/15 HP]

» Echo [39/39 HP]

Enemy

» Dog [06/06 HP]

» Dog [04/06 HP]

» Dog [DEAD]

» Dog [06/06 HP]