[OP-F1] The Journey begins (Complete)

It was all supposed to be a game. A way to kill some time and keep in touch with friends. He couldn't understand why anyone would do this. It wasn't fair. This was crazy! How did this make it through the Beta? How were authorities not doing something about this right now? His fist short forward slamming against the base of a tree. A purple barrier phasing into view with the words immortal object.

Immortal object.

As opposed to the players that were mortal. That could and would die in this game. Because of what? Some madman's desire to be God? Thousands of lives were trapped because one psycho thought it would be fun? He lowered his hand slowly, clenching his jaw as his hand made it's way to the blade on his hip.

"Fine. I'll play your game. And I'm going to win."

The challenge was issued. They needed to beat the game to get out of here then that's exactly what he would do.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Is something troubling you?" a question swam from behind Amtrum. Behind him approached a tall boy with purple hair, only dressed in black clothes with a starting two-handed longsword strapped to his back. His voice was calm and hesitant while his face was cool and collected. The boy was younger than the man, but fear was out of the question- they were more than likely equal in level. Above the boy's head was his username: Garou.

He took a slow and deep breath when he heard someone talking from behind him. Closing his eyes as he collected himself. The guy had to be joking asking if something was bugging him. They were stuck in a game, they were all able to die. And who knew what was happening with their bodies in the real world. He turned around, opening his eyes to view the player who approached him. Eyeing the name.

"Nope. Just dandy. I just made a decision is all."

He was going to be the one to win this game once and for all.

Garou could feel the man's immense anger and determination, though he figured he wasn't making a real effort to hide it. The boy looked down at the grass swaying in the wind, unsure of how to exactly respond. "I don't know you, but I can tell that you plan to keep a promise to yourself," he eventually said. The purple haired boy drew his shabby longsword and swung it around a while in pondering, getting a feel for the weapon as he set his own personal decision. Garou looked up at the player and stared him in the eye with a serious gaze. "I trust you do not plan to throw your like away? That you are ready to face this world?"

He smirked at the boy and his question. Watching as he drew his blade and swung it around. Perhaps getting a feel for the weight of it. How the grip felt in his hand. Drawing his own long sword he drove the blade into the ground, shifting his weight on his feet to put a bit of weight on the blade, digging it into the ground. Not far, but enough that it could stand if he let go.

"What good would throwing my life away do? It won't get me out, it won't get anyone else out. Suicide is for the weak willed."

He hated the idea of suicide. Why anyone would do that was beyond him. There was no way to move forward if you killed yourself. And getting yourself killed by a monster that you know will beat you is the same thing as jumping off of a building. It is pointless. It was better to find a way to win, to survive. Otherwise what was the point of everything else in your life?

"No, I'm going to live. And I'm going to win this game. You can count on it."

Relieved of the break in tension, Garou gave a hearty laugh as he reared his head back. It was good to see another player with a positive outlook compared to the inner Starter City where most people were still panicking. The boy thrust his own blade into the soil and held out his left hand with a soft smile. "My name's Garou. I'm about to start grinding around the fields and raise my level a couple of notches to start off. I don't want to die too early and miss all of the crazy fun on the higher floors." Garou's eyes twinkled slightly from the rays of Aincrad's sun.

He let out a small snort before taking the boy's hand in his clasping it firmly as he gave it a shake. Maintaining eye contact as his marketing classes always said to when giving a proper handshake. It was habit by now though.

"Amtrum. And I suppose I'll tag along. I'd feel lousy if you died on me cause you can't handle yourself."

He said with a small laugh as he released his grip and pulled his sword out of the ground. Turning to the side and giving the air another few swipes before slinging it over his shoulder. It was probably a good idea anyways, get a jump on the leveling while everyone else was freaking out. Maybe be able to move out of the area before everyone started grinding here.

"So boars and wolves I'm guessing. I don't recall seeing a lot of other things out and about this close to town."

Though further away would likely be more dangerous monsters. And even dungeons. He just hadn't found them yet.

Garou was stunned by Amtrum's proposition. 'Tag along?' The boy didn't do too well with friends, and he was about to protest. No way, he thought. This will help me survive. In a life or death situation, I need all the help I can get. Garou bowed before picking up his sword once more. "Pleased to meet you. I do believe that is the popular game here to hunt. I actually want to tame a wolf myself." Garou sheathed his long weapon and stretched, allowing the winds of the fields to calm his nerves.

"Tame a wolf?"

He cupped his chin as he considered that. A beast master? A tamer? He couldn't remember what it had been called. He didn't bother reading up on a lot of the options that the game had before logging in. He had intended to figure that all out in game. He probably would have read more on it if he knew what he was getting into when he logged on. Though if he had an idea of what would have happened he probably wouldn't have even bought this stupid game.

"How are you supposed to tame these things anyways?"

Though he didn't think he would go that route. It might split his exp as he leveled the beast too. It would probably be better to work on his own skills instead of depending on an NPC to help. The game was designed to kill them, how much help would a pet really be?

"And don't worry, I'm not going to steal your thunder. Pet classes are not my style anyway. So I don't see myself going that route."

Pulling up his menu he would send Garou a party invite, if he accepted then that was cool. If not then he really had no problem going solo while he tried to find some of his buddies in this world. But he wanted to get stronger first so he could look after them.

Garou accepted the party invite on his own menu. "Honestly, I'm not even sure how to do it myself... I'll probably just check out the tutorial again later." He scratched the back of his head and shrugged, starting off in a random direction away from the Starting City. The boy motioned for Amtrum to follow. "My name actually means wolf. I love them, especially stories about werewolves. I find the creatures to be terribly fascinating." Garou chuckled as he swung his arms around, getting his body loose and ready for combat.

((Cursing isn't allowed, so you might wanna change that. I don't personally have a problem with it, but best not risk it with the mods. You have your own friends in the rp? I have a buddy who's gonna probably get on later tonight myself. If you need to company, we'll be here : D))

Amtrum didn't go into his own name. He used part of his own name for his character, he didn't really want to spread that around. Not that anyone here could do anything about it. So it probably didn't matter, but it just wasn't something that anyone needed to know.

"Well I hope you don't mind watching me kill them."

He said chuckling as he continued on. Stopping once one of the wild boars came into view.

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road!"

He said excited to finally be doing something, to be productive and take the first steps he would need to claw his way out of this world. Holding his sword back he waited for it to glow before rushing forward with a basic sword skill! First hit on the monster dropping it's hit points into the yellow zone. He actually couldn't help but laugh, it felt good. It was his first Virtual MMO, and it just felt so much more satisfying than hitting buttons on a keyboard.

Garou stepped to the side as he drew his longsword, raising it pointed towards another boar. It glowed in a second's time. The boy followed up with a roar as he swung down on his opponent.

At last, Garou was in battle. This is what he had been waiting for his whole life. No more boring school, no more lackluster activities in the real world. It was finally do or die.

(Battle Roll 3)

His sword skill missed as he tripped and was open to the wild pig, which rammed him with its large tusks. Garou cried out in pain, but managed to continue standing upright. He arced his sword after charging it again, bringing it towards the boar in a vertical, downwards motion.

HP: 6 (max 10)

2/3

"Switch out!"

Shoot, he didn't think the boars would be damaging them. The guy wasn't down yet, but seeing him get hit sent a jolt of fear through his system. They could die, he was really getting hurt, even if he didn't feel the pain of it. But instead of being paralyzed with fear he found himself launching forward, his blade glowing!

"Rage spike!"

His blade slashed into the boar knocking it back as Amtrum brought his blade up ready to defend.

"You okay?"

He asked back, his eyes flickering to the party hit point total.

3/3

Garou felt where his ribs where glowing a bright neon red and forced a smile. "I-I'm fine. I didn't expect the little buggers to be so fast..." The purple-haired player forced himself to walk out the imaginary pain, unaware that the game had no real sensual penalty for physical damage. He winked and ran after a third pig, slashing out at it. The swing landed this time, striking the boar down. He laughed in joy as he hoisted his blade across his shoulder, giving a radiant grin to his party member. "You see? I have this in the bag."

HP: 7

(2/3)

"Arrgh. We haven't even finished this one!"

He called out as the young hot head went after another pig. The one he had knocked back getting up and charging at Amtrum who thankfully had his blade ready to defend. Blocking the blow with his sword he nearly stumbled back from the force. Gritting his teeth he shifted to the side, pulling back his blade until it glowed where he struck once more. The poor squealed with pain before bursting into a cloud of blue shards.

"Ha! Take that you dumb pig!"

The boy gave the man a sly look, satisfied by even these simple combat with lowly creatures. Garou strolled over to the warrior with a temper and clapped a hand on his back. "You've got one heck of a swing, Amtrum. Were you a beta tester?" His voice gave that he was genuinely impressed. Now that the boars were gone, he might as well get to know the man who had already saved him in his first battle.

"Nah, I didn't even try for it. First time logging in. But it's not my first MMO."

He swung the sword a few more times before sheathing it. It really was different using nerve gear versus a mouse and keyboard. But it felt so natural. Like he was using his own body. Which was the point he supposed.

"Just my first virtual one. What about you?"

Garou sighed as he simply sheathed his blade and gazed at the sun. "My cousin let me play a bit of WoW once, but I never really liked it. Too many commands and menus- didn't seem real, you know? But this..." The boy looked at his hands as he held them out before him. "This is like heaven to me. I didn't have the pleasure of being a beta tester, but I don't even care. I've just always wanted to have an exciting, adventurous life." Garou looked back towards Amtrum and smiled kindly but brightly.

"Heaven?"

That was an odd way to look at it. He frowned as the boy went on, this was heaven to him? Being stuck in a life and death game like this? It was smoother than non virtual MMOs that was true, and it was fine to appreciate the control they all had over their bodies. But this wasn't a game. Not anymore.

"In WoW when you die you can just respawn at a graveyard. You don't die for real."

He turned his back on the young man. Already hundreds of people have died if the announcement in the city was correct. He doubted those people thought this was heaven.