Cable Guy's Corner of Idea's

I have only been on the site a little over a week now but have been play a TOOOOOON and been giving a lot of feedback over skype and anywhere I could fill it in. I have also been seeing and pondering a lot of stuff as I see in my head without actually mentioning it. So to prevent that I am going to create a log here as my own little feedback tool/journal to keep track of my thoughts/comments on things I feel need to fixed/patched/edited/or reviewed. These of course will be opinionated and by any means need not be taken seriously by the staff if they choose not to. I tend to forget things I see that I might want to tell staff about so this is about helping me remind myself to tell staff. Just in case posts are tracked in here I will simply edit this post instead of posting unless I am asked questions as to a subject etc.

08/20/2014:

Skills: The skill level system under the skills page is extremely confusing to new players compared to how the same chart is listed under the “All in one guideâ€. Recommend using the same chart in both spots.

Equipment Skills: I feel personally that equipment skills should be listed as Light, Medium, and Heavy armor. Seeing as how each tier uses a wide range of armor sets. Namely the current “Leather Armor†tier also includes cloth, which is not leather.

Col: Col is useless and most people agree about this on a pretty large scale. Give us a reason to use this. GGO has a reason to use money. Perhaps in cooperate a 2,500 Col (5,000 since most people are waaaaay ahead already) = 1 Skill point. Just a random idea.

Incentive to not make short posts: I come from a site that focuses on Word Count minimums to progress and the stronger you become you longer and longer you have to write in a thread so posts end up becoming like 2,500 words a post. I like coming here for the exact opposite when I am brain dead. On the other hand I myself have gotten a bit carried away with short posts and with the new crack down on one liners perhaps an incentive to post more should be considered. Perhaps if a player can post a whole page using a minimum of 250-500 words each post they get an additional skill point would influence the length/depth of each individual role play. Again another random idea.

Staffing Idea: I am new here but as I said before I came from a site that focuses on high word counts and it too is a high combat focused role playing site where you are constantly getting weapons, pets, and skills approved along with characters. The site sets aside a team that focuses on approving each area so they always stay active and up to date, as such things never go unanswered for long. I know there is a shortage of highly active GM’s that can work on every single area every day and this is the only reason I mention this perhaps the staff should be re-positioned so whoever is active has at least 2 focusing on each area of the site. 2 for items and crafts, 2 for npcs, 2 for quests, etc. This way its less of a burden for any 1 individual. Again just a random idea and looking to help :)

If I have any more ideas/suggestions/comments I will edit this post. Any comments posted below I will respond to :)

I don't think Col is rather useless. That's why we have shops right? You either buy the items that were crafted, or trade in materials. The Skills don't really need some tweaking in my opinion, but some updates here and there are always fine. The short posts, yes they suck. People who post short posts don't give my idea well a good response. If you get what I'm saying. The staff idea is a good idea. It should balance the work for all the staff members on the forums.

I don't think Col is rather useless. That's why we have shops right? You either buy the items that were crafted, or trade in materials. The Skills don't really need some tweaking in my opinion, but some updates here and there are always fine. The short posts, yes they suck. People who post short posts don't give my idea well a good response. If you get what I'm saying. The staff idea is a good idea. It should balance the work for all the staff members on the forums.

I agree, without money the world would fall into darkness and insanity, as how would a player say buy a Health Crystal or potion? How could they buy new armor, or a new weapon? This is a very, very touchy scenario, if Col is removed (Highly dought it ever will), then we wouls all probably go insane. I personally like the Col, helps me feel as I have power over my own money (IRL I don't).

The reason Col might feel useless is because there isn't enough ways to spend it. Which I think is primarily due to lack of availability of temporary and consumable options to spend it on. Which Cooking, Performing, Tinkering (Artisan) and Alchemy could provide . Once a character is geared out in perfect items they no longer have a reason to really buy gear. As well right now only Alchemy really provides any consumables (besides the Monster grenade from Performer.) And until Raidou's post earlier today: Crafting Enhancements: Alchemy I think most people were confused about how it worked, or what kind of effects they could have approved.

TLDR: Reviewing and revamping the professions would give players more things to spend Col on.

The reason Col might feel useless is because there isn't enough ways to spend it. Which I think is primarily due to lack of availability of temporary and consumable options to spend it on. Which Cooking, Performing, Tinkering (Artisan) and Alchemy could provide . Once a character is geared out in perfect items they no longer have a reason to really buy gear. As well right now only Alchemy really provides any consumables (besides the Monster grenade from Performer.) And until Raidou's post earlier today: Crafting Enhancements: Alchemy I think most people were confused about how it worked, or what kind of effects they could have approved.

TLDR: Reviewing and revamping the professions would give players more things to spend Col on.

Well true, that may be the truth there, but you can always have fun spending it on yourself or others, but really, there will come a time when you will need money trust me, things like Potions and Crystals are expensive, and without Col your SOL if you go into the fields unprepared for it. I for one when I get enough money am going to buy alot of Potions, preferbly ones that give me the most HP regen. for my buck, as well as TP Crystals and HP Crystals too, I truly don't wish to end here by the hands of boars or wolves, so I say keep the Col, let us see what other things may come to us.

Just a thought, how about some mercenary work for players? Oh Kaito, what do you mean by this mercenary work? Say I pay 1,000 Col to Samsung to go teach iPhone a lesson, but throw in an extra 500 Col to eliminate him. If that's not good enough, I might just have ran out of ideas after that. There are more ideas for col, but I just don't have it on my mind right now!