[PP-F1] Back to Floor 1

Zelrius had no idea what lead him to this floor once again. Quite honestly, Zelrius disliked this City, The <>. It was mostly crowded with the lower levels who were scared up to this point to leave the this safe haven. Looking around now, It wasn't as crowded as it had been since his last visit. Zelrius supposed that was because it had been a month or so since he was down here, But nevertheless there were always those very few low levels.

Sighing Zelrius strolled over and sat on the bench he did so often in the enormous town square. Today was a relaxation day for him. The Blood Buccaneer had been working too hard for too long and now he needed a break. The type of break he took so often back on floors 5 and 6. The bench the blonde haired boy sat on brought back many memories. Zelrius had met a good number of Friends, and foes, here on this bench.

It would seem to Zelrius that this square was rather historical in this game thus far.

Laziness was not something she was accustomed to. But so far, nothing she had done appeared to be the least bit productive, now that she thought about it. Being social and gathering a large network of acquaintances was one thing, but idling for so long in the Town of Beginnings was rather pathetic. Lightly blowing a strand of her light hair out of her face, she quickly switched on a bright smile as she noticed a few familiar faces, giving them a slight wave as she passed. She was in no mood for gossip. Perhaps some alone time would allow her to gather her thoughts and determine what course she wanted to put herself on in the near future.

Her short skirt swished quietly as she walked, not doing much to shield her slender legs from view. She had noticed that quite a large handful of girls liked to wear the same thing, but only as an excuse to squeal in embarrassment every time they accidentally flashed some underwear. Something she secretly sniffed at with disdain, but used it herself as a part of the charm she liked to use to attract attention. Speaking of attention - blue eyes scanned the area, hoping to find somewhere to sit quietly without much of said attention. Gaze resting on a bench currently occupied by a single boy - who appeared to be in thought - she would approach quietly, sitting down on the other side of him. A curious sidelong glance at the boy would be cast, but she remained silent, for not trying not to start the conversation herself.

Zelrius had been in too much thought to notice the girl beside him right away. He was currently thinking about what he was going to do until his call to action back up on the frontlines. Zelrius judged That would not be for a little while at the least. Zelrius finally noticed her when he sat up straight in order to straighten his bowtie on his Mogul Tuxedo. Zelrius would occasionally curse quitely when he fixed his bowtie, as the boy seemed to do it more then breathe.

Zelrius shot a glance at the lady beside him then looked back to the ground. She was striking, that was for damn sure. Zelrius dropped that thought quickly, There was no one in the planet Zelrius was nervous to be around. He was far too arrogant and cuaght up in narcissism of himself to let that be false. So, quickly gathering courage, The Blood Buccaneer uttered;

"Greetings there. I haven't seen you ever before, have I? If so, I apologize for not remembering. If not, then again, Greetings."

Zelrius was out of intelligent words to say. He could probably go on, but what could be said this early would have been too stupid for someone like Zelrius to say.

One of her talents involved knowing whether someone displayed an interest in her, no matter how subtle. If there was even the slightest of hints, she would pick up on it, as narcissistic as that was. But it was too early in the encounter to make any conclusions yet - though she was certain that she had at least caught his attention. It was difficult to determine the other player's age simply by looking at him, which was what she had been doing the moment he began addressing her. He was dressed rather smartly in a tuxedo, with a bowtie that he spent a few moments fixing. Bowties were adorable; a great accessory to be added to a suit. Of course the first thing she would notice is his sense of fashion.

A smile played on her lips at his rather awkward greeting, which he appeared to smooth over as best he could. "The first greeting was correct, I believe this is our first time meeting." A soft, breathy laugh escaped her before she continued. "I'm Aleyna. I haven't seen you around, you must be one of those hard workers out there." The last portion was said lightly, carefully worded in hopes that she would find out more about this particular player simply by finding out where he was normally located.

Zelrius listened as she spoke but rudely kept his eyes at the ground, not wanting the way she looked distract him from what she had to say. When she was finished, Zelrius laughed loudly. He went on for a good few seconds, chuckling and then settling down, and then breaking down into fits of small laughter again. Once it was all done, The curve of Arrogance appeared once again in his smile. "Hard worker? No no no no. It is pretty simple work. All we do is walk up to Giant monsters and swing our weapons. Sure, Some people are scared and some come close to death. But me? No I am far too high of a level for that to be considered 'Hard Work'. I am just a frontliner who lives on the Floor 9. If you could call it living. Inns up there are expensive."

Zelrius once again sat up to fiddle with his Bowtie. At this point it was an unconscious thing to do. He just did it every little while even if it was perfectly fine. As he did so Zelrius shot another glance at the female beside him. Why does she continue to sit here? He asked, rather confused as to what had her interest.

The sudden laughter startled her, not expecting to get such a big response. For a moment she simply sat there, curiously watching as the other player went on with hus chuckles, her brows furrowed slightly as she attempted to comprehend what was going on. Was the question truly amusing? Perhaps she had asked the wrong question, made the wrong assumptions. Maybe he was simply a low leveled player, who find the idea of fighting on the higher floors an amusingly unattainable dream. But something in her gut told her that this wasn't the case. And the words that followed the laughter confirmed it.

So he was definitely of a higher level, then. To think that he was able to so easily dismiss the monsters on the floors that have currently been cleared was impressive, even if his attitude was rather superior. Aleyna decided that she quite liked the air of confidence he had, finding it rather amusing that even with the cockiness, he referred to himself as 'just a frontliner'.

"How impressive." She would praise him, eyes glittering in a mix of awe and something else, unreadable. "I want to get stronger too, it's just ... a matter of time and practice, I suppose. I haven't gotten started yet, and the frontliners like you are already way up there, clearing floors. Impressive might be too light of a word. It's envious." The last sentence was said with a soft sigh, though her smile still lingered, not quite torn down even as she compared herself to him. She would throw in a light tease to lighten the mood, ending with, "I didn't get your name - or is that something you high ranked people don't give out easily?"

Zelrius made a mental note of something while she was speaking, Do not let her get the best of you. That lingered in his mind as the faiir haired young lady asked of his name. "Oh, Uh.. I am Zelrius, Titled the Blood Buccaneer. Now That I think about it, I didn't catch yours either?"

At this point Zelrius wasn't sure whether that was to be a question or a statement. The boy leaned back. Now he was somewhat more comfortable talking to this girl. Just comfortable enough to look at her when she spoke. The crowd around them seemed never ending. People walking about talking, lurking, or just standing. Some of the nearby benches were filled and some were empty. The Town of Beginnings certainly was an interesting place. This was because despite everyone having done what they needed to get done here, They still lingered about.

"The Blood Buccaneer." Aleyna mused out loud, trying out his title on the tip of her tongue. It was interesting how many of the players had either given themselves or had gained a special title, most of them a reflection of their play style. Hers was something given to her by a few male players at the start of the game, and she had to admit that it was rather amusing. «Sweet Temptation». It made her seem like quite the vixen, tempting others to do whatever she willed. Not that she had reached that stage of manipulation yet - so far, all she had been doing was socializing with players of various levels, to get a sense of what others were like.

A soft giggle escaped her as he asked for her name, despite the fact that she had already provided it. "Aleyna, my player name is Aleyna." Her gaze moved to meet his when he finally tilted his head towards her, blue eyes twinkling cheerfully. "Would it be too much if I asked you to party with me for a short while? Since the monsters out here are such small fry to you, I'd like to get a taste of what's out there."

Zelrius furrowed his own brows this time at her question. He looked around them. The players who were chatting up a storm, talking about this and that. Then he looked down the aisle of the plaza, toward the gate that lead outside. After all this Zelrius turned his head back to Aleyna. Aleyna, The name of this young lady next to him. He now realized that she had a few minutes ago already provided it. Of course Zelrius was just nervous to be around someone like her. The Blood Buccaneer had to think a moment. Did he really want to go out and grind monsters he could kill in one hit? No, not really. But Aleyna asked him to, and despite being a narcissist, Zelrius was not rude. Zelrius's arrogant attitude returned when he had finished thinking over her question.

Standing up, Zelrius offered his right hand to help her stand herself. Simply as a polite gesture, nothing more. The boy gripped his sword with his left hand and stated in a jokingly tone

"It would be a pleasure to adventure outside this city and into the wilderness of the Plains of Floor 1. with you, Aleyna. "

Aleyna took the offered hand and lightly tugged at it to swing herself up to her feet, though it wasn't really necessary, the act brought a smile to her face. "A brief venture as a party, then? I admit I haven't had a chance to try the party option yet. If you wouldn't mind ~" Swiping at her head up display, she brought out the party option, sending the invite to Zelrius questioningly. He did say that he would go with her, but whether he would accept the party invite - even if it was temporary - was still an open question.

It would definitely ease her mind to be out there with a high levelled player, increasing her chance of survival. Not that Floor 1 would be much of an issue, even with her skills and level as low as they are.

"If it's going to be that much of a bore for you to fight low levelled monsters, at least you might be amused when you see me try." She added, laughing slightly.

Zelrius put his white gloved finger to the blue party invite button. As he did so, Zelrius drew his hand back to straighten up his tuxedo a little more and ran a hand through his hair. Of course, That second part was completely unnesscary as his blonde hair was in a constant ruffled or leaning toward "Bed head" state. He put his left hand on his sword, in which he had to reach across his waist to do. When all was said and done, He looked up to see the name "Aleyna" and her level below his own. He stopped himself from laughing, as he was not trying to insult her.

Zelrius nodded to her and began to take the lead without saying a word. It was unconscious to do so, as he was used the process of; coming to the first floor, Then heading straight out to a field area he knew woud be empty and where some low level monsters were.

Aleyna couldn't help the flush of embarrassment when she realized that her level could be seen by the other player, but quickly smoothed it over knowing that being able to train with a much higher levelled player would benefit her in the long run - a bit of short term embarrassment would be worth it. She didn't question him as he began walking first, only picking up her own pace so that she was walking only slightly behind him, to his left.

The field area appeared pretty common, but was surprisingly quiet. Many players that avoided the front lines often hung around the fields of the first couple floors to level themselves up, so it came as a surprise to see that this particular field was pretty much empty of other players. Zelrius must know his way around. "You come here often?"

Zelrius thought over Aleyna's question. He came here often before some of the newer floors came out, but not as much anymore. He guessed that she meant if he had come here in past often. In which, the answer would be yes. Zelrius looked around Floor 1 before approaching the Nearby group of Boars. The open grass field for the miles that were about. This floor was certainly Historcal. It was a few feet from this spot he had met Shanok. He came here grinding once with Zelrius. At the Bench on launching day, He and his friend whom he'd known from games previous to SAO, had met on the bench Aleyna and he were just sitting at. Zelrius had met his Current Guild representative, Miaki and his current wife Nikki, in this field. This floor had quite the nostalgia rush in it. The boy in the tuxedo just seemed to be lost in thought and forgot completely about the situation.