[SP-F9] Checking a Rumor

Guest Keith

No way. There was just no way some guy could use two swords. Keith had his suspicions, but if some fruit-loop was running around and taking down innocent people, then that was a problem. Two swords or not, Keith owed it to himself, Cicila, and all who had fallen to this guy to try and stop him.

Keith felt heat impact his face as he arrived in Floor 9, smoke rising around the village. Being above a volcano was already a huge climax in heat, and Keith wanted to hurry up and leave the town. He walked down the metal street, the pattering of his boots on the stell ground echoing along with the groans of lava.

He walked to the edge of town and then squinted to see past the heat distortion, seeing the gondola slowly creaking it's way towards him. "Alright... I find this guy, and stop him. Simple as that." But Keith had a hint of uncertainty in his voice. If this guy could wield two swords, he could just as dangerous as Vile. Maybe even more.

The gondola arrived and the doors creaked open, inviting Keith into the metal box. He stepped in and the doors groaned shut behind him, and the gondola slowly started to move again, leaving the suspended town and going towards the magma wastelands outside the volcano.

Oddly enough, with all his resources, Keith could find nothing on the dual-wielder. No pictures, no info, and with no name, he couldn't find any stat sheet. Keith was an S class Maverick Hunter. But here, his upbeat attitude was now brought to a low feeling of importance. He may not come back from this. It was something he had to do.

Keith clenched his hand and thought over it all. Everything he had been through... All his encounters.... Would it be enough? His train of thought was lost as the gondola stopped, making Keith jolt as the doors screeched open, giving him a silent "Beat it." "Alright... There's no turning back now."

Keith stepped forward and felt the rough gravel beneath his feet. He was glad to be out of that metal box, and he would have taken a deep breath, but the thick ash in the air was unbearable. He went on his way and kept his breathing to small breaths, not wanting to inhale ash.

Not knowing who the player was, Keith had no form of tracking. But, if the dual-wielder was drawn to power players, then Keith may be able to fill that role. He liked to think he was strong, but he didn't like how he was using himself as bait for someone so dangerous. He continued down the mountain path as these thoughts rushed through his mind.

Keith finally reached the base of the volcano. Streaks of lava snarled with a bright orange glow as they snaked the landscape. Keith walked forward and took in the land. Explosions of lava burst in the distance, the sky had thick, black clouds that coated a blood-red sky. Keith drew his katana and rested it on his shoulder. This was a battle field like none other.

Keith waited for what felt like forever. Three minutes! Can you believe that? Keith tapped his foot rapidly and crossed his arms, pouting as he waited. "Gah, come on! I'm growing a beard over here!" He said, kicking a rock and putting away his katana. Patience was a virtue... That Keith did not have. He had a hard time even sitting down for a minute. To him, life was better lived in the fast lane.

Keith gave a heavy sigh and then grumbled. "Sheesh, this guy is slow! Like really!" Keith then dusted himself off to get all the ash off his clothes. "I'd love to stay, but I got lots more things to do than checking a rumor. If you hear me, Dual-Wielder, I'm heading out! Smell ya later!" He said, before getting in his running position and rocketing off at top speed, heading back to where he came.