[PP-F3] «The Lock to the Plot»

August 23, 12:16 PM [Delilah Village] [Past]

I made my way to a large old country style village, much like those that would be at a distance from kingdom capitols in medieval Europe and it's surrounded by fields of dandelions. I, a level twenty made my way through two floors only. "Hmm.. I guess the front-liners are paving their way to the ninth floor." I said, as I made my way into Delilah Village. In the village all the NPCs are either elven/elves. I took in the scenery and continued my way towards the central heart of Delilah Village. I scroll down on my menu and made my way into my inventory. I slowly scroll down to look at my equipment, but there was a mysterious necklace around my GUI. "What's this?" I asked myself. I equip the mysterious necklace and to my surprise it was a locket that my childhood friend gave me. I check the item tag, but there was no enhancement.

A stupid grin appear on my face, and I place the locket inside my coat. "I won't forget this." I said, as I sat on the bench by the fountain. I closed my eyes and attempt to focus on those past times I've had. "A park.. fountain.." I said, but I couldn't think of anything. I put on my hood to avoid any eye contact with the NPCs.

The shy female with a blue theme to her sat in the field of dandelions. Out of boredom she opened her inventory, scrolling down it to her surprise was a small key. One that she had said would unlock her friends necklace. Though she was pretty sure they would never meet again she remembered her little 5 year old self giving the necklace to Eden. A small smile on the girls face as she managed to give the necklace to her friend. She would always remember the moments she used to spend at school, and meeting friends. Though it was a death game she couldn't get her mind off of the subject 'the real world'. She had only just made it to level 15. Being proud of her journey, she had much to strive for. Her goal had been to beat the game. She only hoped to make it to her final destination and along the way meet multiple people and create Allies.

Finally getting out from her sitting spot in the field she looks to her left seeing the Village as she walks towards it. Sitting down on a fountain ledge. As she opened her inventory and clicked it, as it materialized into her hands. touching the rounded key-like material she remembered her childhood once more. "Why did I have to be such a fool.." She spoke to herself before looking up at the sky feeling a bit more emotional then normal. She would never forget the times she had spent with Eden, and when she moved to japan she could never see her friend again. It would be hard to find him again. But she only hoped she was remembered as well. And my chance, she would always attempt to believe that someday they'd meet again. She could only hope they would.

I see a figure walking towards the fountain and she opened up her inventory. Like a snooper I am, I watch as she materialize something onto her hands. For a moment, my heart skipped a beat when she held onto the key. I grabbed onto the locket I had hidden within my coat. "T--There's no way." I said to myself, as I slowly pull out my locket. She then said Why did I have to be such a fool... That voice.. It seems so familiar yet.. I don't know who it was. This locket is the most important thing to me and finding that girl is my goal. "I'm such an idiot to forget such an important chapter of my life." I said, not trying to bother the girl on the fountain edge. The wind starts to blow and the hood came right off. I could now see the player ahead of me and for some reason my heart skipped a beat once again.

She didn't seem like a strong player as well, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to just introduce myself. My chances of her being Masuki are fifty fifty. I stood up and clear my throat and walked over to the player. I stood in front of her with a smile on my face. "Hey my name is Ed-.. Ahem.. Echo." I said, trying to pretend I was about to say my real name to some random player. It has to be her.. Why else would my heart skip a beat? I thought to myself. My heart starts bouncing all over the place and I feel like she could hear it. The wind starts to blow which calm me down a bit. I held onto the locket in my left hand and gave my right hand to shake the player's hand. If it is her? What would I say? What would I do? I was only seven.. I start to think of every way possible, but the tension starts to build up.

She looked over to the silver haired male by the username of <>. A shy smile crossed her face like the shy person she is at first she pretended to be invisible. As that didn't work her ocean blue eyes looked up too his golden ones. "H-Hi... my name is R-Ruri.." She'd speak softly before bushing and putting her hood over her head not wanting to be noticed at all. Though when a golden trinket shimmered in the sunlight she stared in awe and remembered the key. "Is it... No-- it couldn't be Eden.." She spoke in her head not knowing if she should go ahead and ask him if he was and announce her friends Real life name, or just stay as they are right now. Awkward. Though somehow she felt this was him. She could put him to the test to really find out if this was the real Eden however. She stood up, pulling her hood back down. "Sorry about my shyness." She spoke softly before extending her hand for a handshake. "You remind me of a certain childhood friend-- I'm sorry." She apologised.

A shy smile appear on the player's face and I flash a smile right back. Her voice, and her eyes. It had to be her. "Ruri.. It's nice to meet you." I said to her. My heart starts to calm itself, than many things start to rush through my head once again. Ruri starts to put her hood over her head. Its like first time I met Masuki. She was so shy when I first met her, but everyday we would always meet at the fountain by the park. Ruri seems so much like Masuki. I need to find out if she is Masuki or not. Ruri then apologized for her shyness and I shook my head. "No, you shouldn't apologize to me. I'm just spooked you from out of the blue." I said with a grin on my face. We shook hands and then I heard: childhood friend slip out of her mouth. My eyes widen and my heart started to skip a beat once again. I gulped, "Childhood friend? What's this friend like?" I asked her, wanting to know if I'm that friend. It has to be her. I know its her. I thought to myself

"Well he's courageous... Brave.. and, I-- look up to him somewhat... he.. helped me open up to the world.." She spoke shyly as she looked up at him and his silver hair, and golden eyes. He looked quite similar to Eden. Yet she couldn't quite find that it's him right away-- she had to wait until the time came to ask him. Directly. Currently he had a similar personality. Though she hadn't seen very much currently of him but as she stood up she looked up at the white puffy clouds and then back towards the ground-ish level. Buildings covering the streets and creating some sort of medieval looking town. "I wonder what it's like on the 8th floor..." She spoke in her head unknowingly of what steps where ahead of her at this point in time. There was a ton of things to reveille and uncover.

Courageous, brave, and she looked up to me? I spoke in my mind, hoping that I finally found her. I look down at her and her blue hair, and blue eyes. She is so much like Masuki, no doubt about it. Yet I couldn't seem to believe it just yet. Everything is happening so fast, but I feel like I've accomplished so much more. I need to ask her.. If her "friend's" name is Eden. "I'm going to be honest with you, but you also remind me of a really close friend of mine." I said, as I rub the back of my head looking nervously. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly to calm myself once more. Masuki.. if that's you.. please remember me.. I really missed you. I said to myself over and over.

"Close friend of mine." She'd heard him say before she looked back into his golden eyes, her heart beating as she was unable to speak. She could tell at this point that it had to be Eden. She thought if it wasn't she'd seem strange that she was accusing strangers of being her best friend. It was like bringing a present to a death cult. It would seem a little strange. Yet she felt that it really was. Her eyes brightening a bit as she spoke a few words in a more open feeling, "A--Are you.." She spoke unsure if she was really supposed to randomly say real life names yet she truly wanted to know if it was really him or not. "E---E----Ede--e--en?" She stammered softly hoping that she wasn't truly randomly walking up to someone and calling them her mother or father or something crazy like that.

Ruri had a surprised look on her face and it seems like we had the same expression/reaction when we spoke of a friend. There's no doubt. Masuki.. I finally found you. I said to myself. I wanted to break down and just hug her, but I need real confirmation that it really is her. It was like if I was some kind of super hero, I have a feeling that its really her. I tilt my head when she attempted to say something, but I couldn't hear her. "What? I couldn't hear y-" I stop myself when she said it. She said: Eden. I crossed my fingers and gulped. "Yes, my name is Eden SaitÅ. A--Are you.. Masuki?" I said nervously. Now I have a hundred percent belief that it is her and now I wouldn't need to worry about finding her anymore. "I--Is it really you.. Masuki?" I said, holding back the tears.

Hearing him say her real name she blushed having been embarrassed that she had said all those sort of things in front of him, she felt that he was her hero-- someone she would always look up to. Having said it right in front of his face, blindly. made her a bit embarrassed having not noticed that it had been him. "Y-Yes... Eden.." She spoke softly as her ocean blue eyes found his golden ones. She was glad to have finally seen her friend once more.

[OOC- sorry for the shortness! D:]

Seeing her blush and having an embarrassed expression, I knew it is Masuki. "It has been so long, Masuki." I said in a soft tone. The nine years that have passed since the last time I saw her. My memories are coming back to me and I don't want it to leave anymore. Those nine years, I wasn't there to protect her. Will she forgive me for leaving her for nine years? I said to myself. Those were the past and this is the present. I'm just glad I could see her again.

"Indeed it has." She spoke as she hugged her friend. "I'm glad that I finally found you though..." She spoke quietly glad that she saw her childhood friend once more. As long as she was around him she felt braver and more open. So having him as well in this death game at least helped her out. Hoping that as the time goes on they'd become even better friends and be able to explore more of the Aincrad world.

I hugged her tight, hoping that I wouldn't lose her anymore. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone after all these years." I said, as I let go. As long as I was around her, I have the strength to move forward. I wipe the tears that were about to flow out my eyes. "I never thought I would find you here." I said, as I let my golden eyes fall deep into her eyes. I shook my head and flash a smile to her. You've been training a lot, haven't you? I guess leaving you alone for nine years must have made you stronger, Masuki. I said to myself, as I tighten my grip around the locket.