[PP-F1]A New Day (Utukashii)

Starting City, the biggest town the resided within the vast Floor 1. The reason the name was Starting City was pretty much obvious, it was the one city every new player began their journey from. The moment they logged into the game, they would begin here. From this point on, every decision made in the game was crucial. It was not just a game anymore, it was a death trap. Every thing was real, death was real. People were of course freaking out but at the same time, there were players that seemed to enjoy the amazing world of Aincrad. One the players that enjoyed this place was Suzaku.

The blond male made his way towards the center of town, looking to mingle with someone. It was his second week here in Aincrad and he had already taken a liking to it. However, the other players seemed to have a complete disregard for him, almost as if they did not want to make any social contact. It was a bit of a let down. If he was going to be stuck in this world, he wanted to make the best of it. To do that, he would have to begin by making the most friends he could as the more friends, the merrier a person was or, that was what he believed in. "Is everyone in this damn city gonna ignore me!" Suzaku shouted as he slouched over, beginning to walk aimlessly. Maybe someone would take his shouting as a plea for help.

I finished braiding my soft pink hair into a braid and stood up with my starter sword. The city seemed to be dull today but at any moment, I could find my sister here. I refused to leave this town until I found her. I walked down the main path, just outside the safezone. Then I saw a man in the middle of the walkway, screaming his head off about something. Are you okay? I yelled and ran up to him as he started to walk away.

As I began to walk away, head drooping to the floor, I hear something coming from behind me. It was a soft, angelic voice, something I had been longing to hear since my stay at Starting Town. The voice came from a girl, albeit a rather gorgeous looking girl. Instantly, I straightened my back and smiled, hands placed behind my back. "Finally, I'm glad someone has the decency to speak with me...I was beginning to think I was weird," I start out by saying, chuckling at the end. "Anyways, what's a pretty face like yours doing in a game like this?" I ask rather curiously. It never hurt to ask questions.

The boy ahead of me turned around with a welcoming smile. He also seemed to be rather happy to see me. Your not weird at all. My cheeks turned bright red when he complimented my beauty. Actually I came here to have fun with my sister, but she's somewhere I don't know. I said wit ha hint of sadness in my voice. It was rare for me to not only open up to someone new but to tell them about my sister too. I haven't had any luck finding her at all, unfortunately.

The girl went on say that I was not weird what so ever, which was refreshing to hear. The last thing I wanted to do was come off as a weirdo, especially to a female player. The atmosphere around us took a bit of a dip as the girl in front of me went on to say she had come online to meet up with her sister, only to not find her. That was weird to say the least and I truly prayed that her sister was fine. "Well, wherever your sister is, she must be fine. You've got no need to worry!" I exclaimed trying to keep her hopes up. I wanted to lighten up the mood and what better way was there then getting to know one another. "Hey, why don't we talk over by that bench?" I said pointing at an open, wooden bench not too far from us.

Your very kind. I replied to his reassurance. Wherever she is I will find her! I pumped a small fist in the air but retracted it quickly. Talking is nice. I say at an utter loss of words at the moment. Not only was a cute guy talking to me but my sister was occupying my mind, making me sound like an idiot when I spoke. Embarrassed, I scurried over the bench he pointed to and sat down. Get it together Utukashii!

The girl quickly scurried over to the bench I pointed at I followed suit. I took a seat a few feet away from, not wanting to come out as a creep. Once I sat down, I crossed my legs and placed both my arms behind the bench before speaking. "I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I am Suzaku," I said before stopping myself. I was not ready to disclose my real life name to anyone so I would go by my in game name for now. "If I may ask, what is yours?"

"Utukashii? That is an...interesting name," I replied. As I did, I re-ran the name in my head, saying it over and over again. I had never heard a name like this before and to be honest, it was one hell of a name! "It's nice to meet you to Utukashii," I responded. As we were talking, a gentle breeze began to kick in and it felt real. It was amazing was virtual gaming had come to. It was both scary and amazing. "Oh, if you don't mind me asking, what level are you?" I was always curious to know what level any player was, whether they be a beta tester or a normal player. To me, we were all the same.

Thank you. A feeling of relief washed over me when mentioned my name as interesting, it seemed like we were going to get along just fine. Suzaku seemed to be a kind enough person to compliment my user like that. A nice breeze flew over my skin, making a beautiful contrast between the burning sun and the cool air.

Me? Oh I'm just a level five so far. Nothing special really, what level are you Suzaku? I said, curious now to know his level since he knew mine. Maybe he's a level ten...

"L..ll..level 5!!! That's awesome!!!" I yelled aloud, jumping off the bench and looking her directly in the face. Some of the players looked in our direction but I for one did not care and as I expected, neither did they. I was so astounded at the fact that I was talking to a level 5 player. She was the highest level player I had met during my time here which was a bit lame. Before I freaked her out, I quickly hushed myself and took a seat next to her again. "I'm a measly level two," I replied, turning red from embarrassment. As I told her my level, I slouched forward as a saddening expression formed upon my face.

My face turned red when he started gushing about high of a level I was. I-i'm not that high of a level...I muttered, still blushing bright red as ever. His outburst attracted a few onlookers but they looked away right after he took a seat next to me again. I wouldn't be so ashamed by it. I'm the lowest level player in my group of friends, they are level sevens and twelves! I reassured him with a small pat on the back.

I listened closely to Utukashii as she went on to say she was the weakest from her friend, with them being at levels 7 & 12. I simply looked at her in awe. She had a powerful group of friends and she herself was strong. "You're the highest level I've seen thus far so you're the strongest to me hehe," I said in response as I rubbed the back of my neck while chuckling a bit. I quickly leaned back onto the bench and looked at the clouds in the sky, letting out a deep sigh. "Would you mind if we became friends?" I asked as I looked at her. I hadn't really made any friends since my time here so it never hurt to start from somewhere.

The part about me being the strongest surprised me a little bit, he seemed like the kind of guys who met someone everyday! Nope, I don't mind at all. I don't really make friends very often so this is great. Oh and maybe later I can introduce you to them all, then you'll be friends with them too! I went on about my friends, while talking my new one, Suzaki.

"Meeting your friends?! That would be awesome!!!" I yelled as I pumped my fists in the air. I was feeling a bit more energetic today than usual which was great. I enjoyed being this way but that last thing I would want to do would be to embarrass anyone. Remembering that Utukashii was still here, I brought down my arms quickly and rubbed the back of my neck once more, "sorry hehe." Before I forgot, I opened up my menu and sent Utukashii a friend request:

Friend Request from Suzaku

Do you accept?

[O] [X]

With that out of the way, I brought my arm back down and looked up at the giant gate that led to the next stage. "Hey, have you been outside of starting town? To any of the higher floors?"

Friend Request from Suzaku

Do you accept?

[O] [X]

I pressed my finger into the blue circle, accepting the request with a smile. No, I don't venture off of this floor very often. I need to level up a bit more before I feel confident enough to go to higher floors. Plus my sister might still be roaming around on this floor. I explain. I was angry at myself sometimes for not leaving this floor but I still had my reasons. I've only been in the fields and the forest, nothing too daunting. Why, have you?

I nodded as Utukashii spoke. She had a solid reason for not leaving this floor. "If you ever need help finding your sister, just lemme know!" I responded giving her a thumps up with a wide smile. "I haven't even left the city let alone go the higher floors. I'm waiting to get stronger...maybe we can go together some day eh?" With that, I lifted myself off the bench and stretched before looking down at Utukashii. "Hey, wanna go for a walk or something? Can't let a day like this go to waste." I said as I smiled. Chivalry was something that I lived by and I was not going to let it die.

"Sweet!" I exclaimed loudly, not caring for who heard. It was never fun to stay around in one spot. Oh no. I was one who enjoyed wandering around as my curiosity always got the best of me, which wasn't a good or bad thing really. It made for an interesting time which was something I always looked forward too. At the moment I had nothing to say, so I would simply continue walking, going wherever this pathway led us to.