Rule Descreptencies «It's Time to Clear things up!»

Raidou here with a news bulletin: Way to many people are confused on rules, including but not limited to: Players, PST, and fellow GM's. These are all the rules that are in the air that need to be discussed and clarified in one way or another:

» Knockback: 1 turn paralyze on successful hit, making it useless for the user but excellent for team play?

»+Skill: Martial Arts cant get buffs, but everything else can?

»Paralyze: creatures under the effects cannot be missed?

»HP potions/Crystals: How much is to much? What does each enhancement slot used produce? +6 HP gained over 3 posts, or +5 HP Instantly?

» Gathering Craft Materials without combat: This is a fence topic at its finest, If it can be found in the environment like metals/Ores/produce you can use your LD to find the materials without combat. Now this makes sense given the game, and its still limited to the 50% success rate.

There is alot of lines in the sand on these topics and we got to get all of this ironed out, no wrinkles on the brain. Anywho this has been fun but I need to get to work and stop slacking.

Stay classy my friends,

Raidou the goofball PST Member

Raidou here with a news bulletin: Way to many people are confused on rules, including but not limited to: Players, PST, and fellow GM's. These are all the rules that are in the air that need to be discussed and clarified in one way or another:

» Knockback: 1 turn paralyze on successful hit, making it useless for the user but excellent for team play?

»+Skill: Martial Arts cant get buffs, but everything else can?

»Paralyze: creatures under the effects cannot be missed?

»HP potions/Crystals: How much is to much? What does each enhancement slot used produce? +6 HP gained over 3 posts, or +5 HP Instantly?

» Gathering Craft Materials without combat: This is a fence topic at its finest, If it can be found in the environment like metals/Ores/produce you can use your LD to find the materials without combat. Now this makes sense given the game, and its still limited to the 50% success rate.

There is alot of lines in the sand on these topics and we got to get all of this ironed out, no wrinkles on the brain. Anywho this has been fun but I need to get to work and stop slacking.

Stay classy my friends,

Raidou the goofball PST Member

» Knockback: Knockdown, which is what the term was originally when it was implemented via special skills here on SAO, is not actually a one term paralyze, it simply skips their next attack action. They can make use of any skills/items/potions etc that they have, they simply cannot attack.

»Martial Arts: This is one I have argued in favor of for some time, and as of yesterday after more talk with Shark, we are going to be allowed to create +Unarmed Damage 'fist items', such as Hand Wrappings, Leather Cestus, etc using the Tailoring Profession. They cannot be 'dual wielded' as we frown upon damage stacking, but a Tailor can create a "Monk Wrappings" that would thematically be applied to both hands and at Perfect level add +3 Unarmed Damage.

»Paralyze: This is one I have told players no on several times. Paralyze prevents your opponent from moving for their turn, it does not let you hit them for free. You can still fail an attempt at attacking them based on the Battle Dice.

»HP potions/Crystals: This is an iffy one, and a big reason so many crafted Alchemical things tend to sit in the Crafting Evals for so long. Simply put, unlike the weapons/armor, Alchemy has only really been used 'heavily' the past few months and we are still attempting to find a baseline for it.

» Gathering Craft Materials without combat: I have used this one several times as an Alchemist, having my character gather plant/herb type ingredients based on the Loot Dice using the common MMO 'Resource Node' concept that WOW, Guild Wars 2, and SWTOR all seem to implement. It works with an Alchemist, as their ingredients literally grow around you, but is slightly harder for the other professions. The canon has shown us that Lisbeth and Kirito 'found' the Dragon Poop Ingot when they crash landed in it's den, and aside from the Dragon guarding it's poop hoard there would have really been no combat as they just dug it out of the snow in all it's dragon poopy glory.

Raidou here with more questions for clarification, alot of confusion it seems on crafting effects and items approved before.

» Freeze?, Blind?, Poison?:

â–ºIt looks like Freeze would remove the creatures reactions entirely on a player battle dice of 10 only, based most likely on post count like a stronger paralyze

â–ºBlind seems to be an accuracy debuff possibly capping at -2 effected battle dice

â–ºPoison seems to be an like a longer dot version of Bleed, doing less damage per tick, but has more ticks then bleed.

â–ºNot sure what item types these would applicable on but probably Weapons and poisons and accessories (Artisan Gear) like similar debuff effects.

» Knockdown: The effect was clarified by Almighty Saix, but people still are wonderinging, how many slots does it take to get the center of a knockdown? Lets just see how many enhancement slots it takes, It is probably 1 slot

» Ailment Reductions: Simple enough to understand, this would be reducing the duration of Bleeds/Freezes/Paralyzes and so on. It seems that each type of reduction is a single enhancement slot, However I do not know if its half the duration or 1 post as both types were approved.

»Post Actions: What is a post action some ask? well from my experience it seems that the following actions are

Post actions:

â–ºAttacking

â–ºChanging Gear

â–ºUsing a Potion/Applying a poison

â–ºParrying

â–ºHowling

â–ºBattle Healing

â–ºAttacking with a Familiar (When Familiars become available)

â–ºSearching (This uses the BD)

â–ºHiding (This uses the BD)

â–ºX-ray vision

Not Post Actions:

â–º Talking

â–º Handing an item to another player

â–º Blocking

â–º Evading

â–º Using a crystal

» Healing Prevention Enhancements?: This effect seems very obscure, mostly for fighting against a regenerating enemy, either player or a monster. This effect looks to use 1 enhancement slot on a weapon will disable healing items for 2 posts.

»Auras?: Some questions about an aura effect of a flag? After some searching I found the item in question, It looks that the effect takes 2 slots and adds +1 damage to a group of players. Not sure if this effect is for party or guild mates?

» Post Count Minimum on Ailments?: After some searching I found this as well, it looks that there is some discrepency between durations of bleeds/paralyzes. Possibly there is a minimum of 2/3 post count on these effects, making an uncommon bleed do 1 damage over 2/3 posts or the paralyze lasting for at least 2 posts even on an uncommon?

»HP Capacity items?: It looks that this effect is a bit scrambled, It looks like the confusion makes sense as some items have a +1 HP per enhancement slot, where as others have a +2 HP per enhancement slot.

»Safeguard on items?: Safeguard is an effect usually reserved to potions, but it seems after some digging they do exist on gear, that on a 9-10 of a players attack, the next successful attack against that player would do no damage unless the assailant critical hit.

»Crystals that record?: These looked to have produced (crafted by an alchemist), each enhancement slot seems to save an event for further playback, being either Sound and/or Video.

Reversal effect?: This one i was sure was a hoax, but after some digging I found the item in question. It looks that this effect takes 3 enhancement slots, making it only available on a perfect item. This effect looks to reverse one BD/LD per thread turning a epic fail of either into a perfect critical (a 1 LD or BD can become a 10/20), making it slightly useless unless used very carefully.

Well that's everything, I've covered all the new topics. If these get clarified they will be transcribed as rules from here out for easy clarifications to all. Until then

Signing off,

Raidou the goofball PST member

PS: Don't forget to PM me about any rules that need clarification and they just might make it here :3

Stay classy my friends.