(SP-F1) Earning a living

Amtrum now had a few levels under his belt and a bag full of Col and a few small odds and ends. It wasn't much but it was his and he had earned it. The problem was a lot of the stuff he had acquired was not terribly useful to him personally. Meats he could not cook mostly. Some cheap and common hides that he could do nothing with. The hope was he could sell some of it and make some coin. His gear needed some upgrading bad, and inn rooms were not exactly free. It was a shame he didn't have a house but he was nowhere close to having that amount of coin.

He was shuffling around a small store called The Merchant's Purse hoping to find something worth buying, and debating on if he wanted to sell his stuff here or try another store. The place didn't look like much, the Green Haired woman behind the counter just watched him with a silent smile now and then as she tidied things up on the shelf, having given him a greeting when he entered. Though he had told her he was just looking for now.

The door opened to the shop and in walked a large man in armor that was at least two steps above the junk he was wearing. the shop keeper smiled and waved, she seemed familiar with the man.

"Hello Talos, what did you bring for me today?"

She asked in a deligtfully cheery tone.

"I got this drop off a Monster the other day. I was hoping you could tell me something about it."

Talos put down a wicket looking two handed sword with a green blade and blue etchings on the blade. The Merchant picked up the blade and began to examine it closely.

"Hmmm well it's heavy but well balanced. It's a good blade. It's name is Windfury, and it does extra damage when you do the Weapon Skill Whirlwind. I would say it's a good find! are you looking to sell it or keep it?"

She asked as Amtrum just watched in interest at the exchange.

"I think I'm going to keep it. I was looking for an upgrade anyways. Thanks Sylvia, you're the best."

Talos gave the merchant some money and was on his way. Amtrum however was inspired.

"Wait, you can make money just by looking at items? I thought it was all buying and selling."

"That's a large part of it yes, but we can also appraise items. it's a valuable skill for a lot of people who do not possess it."

"Can you teach me how to do it?" He asked, wondering how much it was going to cost him.

"Hmmmmmmm. I suppose so, if you can do me a couple of favors first."

"Yeah, sure thing!"

He said drawing his well used blade and giving it a few slashes in the air.

"You need some farming done or something? Because I'm your man!"

He thrust the blade out and Sylvia let out a small shreik as he almost hit one of the items on her shelf. Rushing forward to stand between him and her items holding up bot of her hands with a very nervous look on her face.

"Nonononono! Nothing like that! I just need you to make a few deliveries for me!"

"Oh." He blinked. "Sure, I can do that I guess."