[SP-F6] Simulated Emotion? (Calming the soul)

"What have you cooked up, Kayaba?" Zeke's eyes glared up and over the quest log menu that hovered in place in front of his face. Closing the menu by pressing the accept button, his feet started to move him towards the Jungle at the disappearance.

Having been here only a few times before, Zeke couldn't imagine exactly which way he was going to need to head. After a few minutes of walking deeper into the thick, he played a childhood favorite to decide on which way to follow. (Eenie meeny miney moe!) Sparing himself of the additional words, it was the left he had chosen and that seemed to always be a good idea based on previous success/fail ratio's.

(Keep going..) Zeke kept repeating to himself over and over in a somewhat distant way he couldn't quite describe. Following what wasn't exactly feeling like his own directions, the designated waterfall was barely a mile away coincidentally. "Here is to hoping that this is the only waterfall on this floor." With sword pointed out and up ahead at an angle, Zeke pressed forward like a pretend hero.

• 2 months later...

Standing there now in front of the floor six waterfall, Zeke could feel the intense power of nature as the crashing water sent waves of vibration through his body. Looking up at the sheer height of the natural wonder, his arms and legs collectively formed goosebumps on them. Both of his light brown eyes couldn't unlock the stare that halted his feet at the shore of the water, preventing himself from confronting his fears. There laid a small chance that he was just too fearful to see inside his own head after the way he felt those emotions for all those years. (This isn't going to be easy...) Zeke sighed and stepped forward with one foot, letting it slowly sink into the water for the recognition of a touch when it would hit the bottom. 

Once he was sat upon the rock, he crossed his legs and placed both open hands onto the side of his knees facing inward. Erm had showed him how to meditate a few times until he was able to learn upon it, and add to his technique by himself. It was now the best time for Zeke to prove to himself that he was actually performing meditation, and not just falling asleep sitting up. (Despite my frequent rage, and uncalled for behavior, I've always been able to relax myself if I truly wanted to. This can't be too different.)

The first thing Zeke would do as any other time before him, a large inhale and exhale helped him begin the transition. When the sound of water began to soothe his mind, Zeke would then think of absolutely nothing except for ice. This was an odd method used to achieve meditation, but it worked. Detailing ice crystals growing over his brain tissue, he would gain a placebo effect, and start feeling his every memory or movement halt in a pleasant numb while the image of his brain becoming completely encased in ice helped him focus.

Edited by Zeke
  • 3 weeks later...

From behind black curtains whence it came before, from white noise it now awoken. A shadowy figure, humanoid like, formed it's impression amongst the crashing waves of water. It's eyes were piercing red, even though dark, and shrouded by the waterfall's mask. As the being pierced the water first, a mentally suggested limb stretched and elongated towards Zeke. The sight of it was to be beheld. Far longer it did tower than any known creature in existence. The more the body of this thing that came uncloaked, the more the signs appeared in Zeke's head, telling him that this was indeed the same imagery as a human arm; The hand being the most prominent feature to be included on the length. There extended claws that were no shorter in comparison to the hand, than that of the arm to the shoulder now appearing ahead.

"I've returned. Have you found what you seek?" Zeke rose his head away from the limb, and directed his attention to the creature's saying. "An answer, I presume? I've found only what offers me the most peace. It will serve me for now until what true solution shall reveal itself to me." Full of venomous laughter, the creature responded only once it had a fill of it's own self-indulgence. "You see me here before you as a living and breathing entity. I'm an almost perfect reflection of you, an excellent copy if I may add. Yet, you still think I was just a waste of time, and only achieved the purpose to fill your life with fantasy? You didn't forget everything, so tell me already, how could you come to only accept it as an anchor? Don't throw aside the countless evidence that plagues your mind."

Edited by Zeke
  • 1 month later...

"Do you know what makes a hero?" Zeke looked toward the creature's eyes with a more intense focus than he would normally have produced during most situations. The answer wasn't as important to him as the thought process behind it, but reaching anything but the same conclusion than he had in mind, Zeke couldn't assume even this all knowing creature had done enough thinking on what exactly transmitted from his thoughts, into it's own.

"A hero? You still believe in those? Isn't it still in your head that any hero is just seeking approval through actions they're willing to risk? Given the opportunity, I'm sure you'd be psychotic enough to slaughter yourself for someone else who thinks you're just some overly dramatic, insanity driven deviant. I wouldn't have considered responding to this ignorant question had I known what you were going to ask ahead of time. Seems even I can unfortunately react too soon, but don't think I'll be the one dying here because of some oversight like that."

(This... "thing" had now decided that now was the best time to come out from behind the water's curtain, possibly leaving a chance to intimidate me in front of it. The body was suggested through the arms, but now it was proven that the figure was indeed humanoid in every aspect, only elongated to a stretching point that morbidly left the head twisted around upside down from the pressure put on the neck.)

Edited by Zeke

Zeke started to shake before the glare of the beast before him now; Observable more easily in the hand not grasping onto the only weapon he had, whether or not someone had ever noticed this about him, Zeke's hands violently shook when no anchor was available to them, such as the handle of a weapon. If his mind was ever stimulated with fear or anger the resulting anxiety simply amplified his already distraught mannerism.

"Don't play games with me... I haven't even finished talking, and we both know how violent and pointless things will get when pushed into that endless loop of desperation." Zeke smirked in a defensive manner, adapting what came from the behavior of others he had studied in the real world. "Before we inevitably fight, I'll tell you what I think about it. Listen or not, I'll tell you anyway. I know you can hear me thinking right now so I'll just push the idea through to my forethought."

(My theories are always changing and this might need your best attention so I don't go without knowing I at least told you clearly. I've considered it long and hard, and even though I have no right to claim knowing anything about what makes a living thing "good", I believe what makes a hero is the desire to change our history of darkness to something worth fighting for. It's true what they say, there is just good and evil, even if they don't know it yet. I will forever respect someone who gave themselves up to make their world a better place when all they could see was the darkness hidden below. Sacrificing your entire life and not just a moment of it is what makes a true hero to me.)

Well aren't you all self important all of a sudden? Just joking..." Zeke's shadow shrunk down to around a foot taller than he was, growing four extra human like legs as well before breaking them sideways against the ground with a loud crack so that the joints in each one could pop into a new position. Through Zeke's vision, he stared down a seven foot tall creature made of black; The legs resembled that of a centipede's created using the base of a human model's.

Editing at own pace.