[SP-F1]«Calvin's Beginning» [COMPLETED]

A pounding noise could be heard, my heart was racing, as deep inside was filled with excitement and uneasiness. Slowly, I shut my eyes, embracing the utter silence within my room, and the flat darkness which was awaiting me. “Link....Start†were the last words spoken by me before I disconnected myself from the real world. The majestic scenery arose in front of me, encasing me completely. My face was now basked within the blazing sunlight, everything around me felt real. A slight smirked became noticeable upon my face, as I slowly started making my way through the town. I was starting a new life from now on.

It seems like the day is never going end, but it didn't matter to me right now. I swipe down my HUD with my right index finger. I scroll through the menu looking for my basic gear and found my Starter Basic Sword. I glare at the icon saying, "Starter Basic Sword" and pressed on it. I left my right hand out and blue polygons start to form on top of my palm extending outwards. I gave the sword a couple of swings and had a smirk on my face. "I just need to get the hang of some of these controls." I said, moving all the muscles in my body. "This is just like real life with the exception of monsters." I said, as I walk towards the central plaza of Starting City.

I made my way towards the central plaza and could see some players already starting out on their quests. "Where am I suppose to go right now? I wasn't even able to get past the first floor." I said, trying to remember the grinding spots I went to when I was in the beta. "That's right! There are a couple of Frenzy Boars and Dire Wolves hanging out at the Grasslands." I said, holding onto my Starter Basic Sword. I located the exit and sprinted as fast as my virtual legs could take me. I zoom by pass a couple of players on my way to the exit and some players were already getting flirty on this game. I made it to the exit of Starting City and dash my way towards the Grasslands.

I found a Frenzy Boar hanging out by itself in the corner of the Grasslands. "You're not going anywhere!" I said, as I lower my shoulders and letting the tip of my sword touch the ground. I close my eyes for a second and immediately open them , as I dash towards the Frenzy Boar. I attempt to slash the snout of the Frenzy Boar, but it charges right into my stomach. I slid back a couple and started to cough a bit. "What the hell? Why does this hurt so much?" I asked, staying strong. I draw my sword back and watch as the Frenzy Boar snort at me.

Calvin [4/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

The Frenzy Boar seems like it was just idling by and I took this chance to strike down the boar. "I got you now!" I shouted, as I zoom towards the Frenzy Boar. I attempt to slash the boar again, but I missed my attack. The Frenzy Boar attempts to counter me and I was able to jump back quick enough to dodge the attack. I pull my sword back to my waist and focused on executing the boar with my attack.

Calvin [4/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

The Frenzy Boar charged at me and I was too slow to react in time. All that was running through my mind at the time was the fact that I needed to slay the boar. Attempting to dodge the attack, the Frenzy Boar ram into my chest. I flew towards the field, lying down on my stomach. "M--My health is dropping down quick.." I said, cracking my knuckles. "Okay.. I still have a chance of killing the Frenzy Boar." I said, concentrating on my attack. I slow down my breathing and place my sword in front of me.

Calvin [3/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [5/5 HP]

I burst towards the Frenzy Boar, slashing at the boar as quick as I could. The boar was able to evade all the swings I threw at it, tired I fell on one knee. The Frenzy Boar took the chance and charged towards me, but I held onto the handle of my sword with a grin on my face. The boar closed its distance between the two of us and I look up at the Frenzy Boar. I dash towards it and has a slashing formation ready. I slashed the Frenzy Boar on the snout and it starts to squeal. "Gotcha now!" I said, as I kick the boar away from me.

Calvin [3/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [4/5 HP]

I held onto my Starter Basic Sword close towards me. "It's almost over." I said, as my sword starts to glow a bright white color. I could almost hear the sound of tiny bells being hit, but I had to hold my attack a bit more. The Frenzy Boar starts to charge towards me and it seems to be furious. I lunge towards the boar and it seemed like I was gliding across the air for a while. I went right through the Frenzy Boar, causing it to squeal louder than before.

Calvin [3/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [1/5 HP]

After the powerful critical on the Frenzy Boar, I could feel some strength come to me. I start to feel fatigue, but I had a good sleep before getting on Sword Art Online. The fatigue is brought down my defense and I couldn't do much, but attempt to block the boar's attack. "Come on. Try and hit me!" I said, mocking the monster. The Frenzy Boar snorts at me and charges quick towards me. I couldn't react fast enough to block the attack, but I was able to sustain my footing and not fall on the ground.

Calvin [2/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [1/5 HP]

I took a deep breath and let it out slow. "Alright.. Calm down, Calvin. It's only a boar. What could it do to you?" I said in third person. LEVEL UP! popped up in front of up in front of me when I dash towards the Frenzy Boar, bringing my sword right through its whole body. The boar shatters into polygons, as I move the level up window away. As the window fades away, I could feel more strength come to me.

Calvin [2/5 HP]

Frenzy Boar [0/5 HP]

The beginning of my journey wasn't the end just yet. Just about to hit level three, I went straight towards a pack of Dire Wolves, hoping to kill them before they kill me. Suddenly, I was forced to teleport back to the Starting City. "W--What's going on now?" I said, backing up into another player. I took a look around and people were starting to materialize in the general area where we all were.

It seems like a total of ten thousand players were teleported to this general area of the Starting City. "I need to get out of here." I said, attempting to log off of Sword Art Online. I swipe down the menu and went to the settings, but a shock expression grew on my face. "I--I can't log out?" I said and the players around me attempt to do the same. All ten thousand players start to freak out and tried to leave the Starting City general area.

A warning sign appears in the sky above all of us. From a distance I could hear someone shout: It's a boss! Get ready to fight. The people around me started to materialize their weapons and I materialize my Starter Basic Sword. Blood starts to flow out of the warning sign and drip down towards us, but was held by some kind of invisible barrier. The blood starts to turn into some kind of sphere and a hooded figure appeared in the sky.

"Welcome all to Sword Art Online!" he said with a deep voice.

Everyone panicked and started to scream until the figure moved his hand forward. I felt like if something clinched my neck not letting me talk. My eyes were glued to him along with everyone else.

"Now that I have all you're attention I may introduce myself. My name is Akihiko Kayaba the creator of Sword Art Online. You are no longer here by choice. Much like the last players from the original version of this game you're forced to stay in this world until someone defeats the final boss at Floor One hundred. I will not lie to any of you so I will come out clean. I rebuilt the Castle of Aincrad to finish my research on how to control the human brain, but no worries I will be fare to all the players and not interfere with all of you. This is the only time that I will appear in this form. Once the game is complete I will congratulate that person myself. Since you all need a good reason to keep playing, I will give you more than one. First off all of you have stumbled upon some rare items. Those people can keep their rewards for the simple task they had been given."

My eyes widen when a window in front of me popped up. "Kayaba.. You're trying to turn these players against me aren't you." I said, quickly swiping away the menu to prevent any other players to see me. I heard several players around me cursing at the players who received the items from Kayaba. "Damn you, Kayaba. Now no one will let me into their party, or worse. They'll kill me for this item because of you." I said, clenching my fist.

"Now, now there's no need to get upset over this because I have given each of you a special gift. Check your inventory and see for yourselves." Kayaba said, and I swipe down the menu as the tension build up.

At that moment everyone had taken out a mirror from their inventory now that Kayaba had let us move free willingly we all looked into the mirror that was in our inventory and transformed into how we actually looked. My character actually looked like me. Since I'm tall for my age, people would look at me older than how I actually was. I saw other people who turned from super stars to not so super. Some even turned from a girl to a guy. "H--How is he even doing this to us?" I said, clenching my fist tighter.

Kayaba starts to disperse into a black smoke and I ran out of there as fast as I could. I was able to reach outside of the gates of Starter City. "What's in this box you placed in here, Kayaba?" I said, as I took the small chest out. I took a deep breath and place my hand over the top of the chest. "Is this some kind of trap, or did you actually give me something rewarding." I said, hesitating to open the chest.

Before I could open the chest, I could hear a growl in front of me. I de-materialize the chest and quickly materialize Starter Basic Sword. I flip backwards to keep my distance from the Dire Wolf. The wolf growled at me and charged at me, as I got ready to attack myself. I flip over the Dire Wolf and kept my distance from the wolf once again. "I need to know what's in that chest." I said, as I dash towards the Dire Wolf. The wolf was able to dodge my attack and take a bite out of me at the same time.

Calvin [8/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

I attempt to slash the Dire Wolf again, but missed my attack. I attempt to leap back to keep my distance from the wolf, but it charge after me. Without a way of blocking its bite, I took it head on and tank the damage. "Without potions, I won't be able to sustain anything." I said, as I land on the floor. I jump back on my feet and position myself to attack the Dire Wolf without miss.

Calvin [7/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

Missing my third attack against the Dire Wolf, but I tried to keep my emotions in. I start to feel my frustration about to burst at any given moment. I'm not the type of person to just throw a fit, but when it comes to games I'll scream at any feeding players. "C--Come on, Calvin!" I said to myself, trying to motivate myself to keep on going. "I need to know what Kayba gave me, before I do anything rash." I said, as I lower my shoulders and position my sword.

Calvin [6/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]