[SP-F1]«Calvin's Beginning» [COMPLETED]

Another miss by me and this time my health is now the same as the Dire Wolf's. I started to feel the frustration now and it's going to be aimed towards Kayaba. I quickly swipe down the menu and pulled out the chest. "Kayaba, what's in this chest better be worth the damage I've taken from the Dire Wolf." I said, as I tap the lid of the case. There was a note that read: "Calvin, you have received a unique weapon and will use this to further your goals." I scoffed, and took out a straight sword from the chest.

Reward:

Void Blade, +1 Damage [DENIED]

Calvin [5/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

"I was right.." I said, as the "Void Blade" shatters into polygons. The Dire Wolf starts growling at me, but I simply ignored it. "Of course, first you throw us into a death game. Then you turn players against us and receive nothing for it." I said, furiously. The wolf pounce towards me, but luckily I was able to evade its attack and pursue after it leaped over me.

Calvin [5/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

The Dire Wolf turns are for a moment and I took this time to strike it down, but it was able to dodge my attack. It dash all the way back to its original spot. "W--Where are you going?" I said, as I ran back towards the Dire Wolf. Everything going on my mind right now is causing me to lose focus on what the goal is. "The goal is to beat this game and save everyone from it." I said, thinking loudly.

Calvin [5/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

The Dire Wolf starts to growl at me, as I glare into its eyes. To others perspective, it looked like I was fooling around. "Why can't I hit you?!" I shout, as I dash at it. I pulled my sword back, attempting to swing at it. I could have sworn, but when my sword missed the wolf I heard a yipping from it. I know I'm not losing my mind, but it was trying to piss me off. Without even letting me calm myself, the Dire Wolf pounced on me.

Calvin [4/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

I kicked the Dire Wolf off of me and attempt to trick the wolf I wasn't here. I ran over to a tree and hid behind it for about three seconds. "Okay, let's see if its still here." I said, peeking to the side of the tree. The Dire Wolf had a confused look on its face and took a step closer. "O--Okay.. Let's try this again." I said, as I peak over again. The wolf got closer the more I peek to the side of the tree.

Calvin [4/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

The Dire Wolf has probably bested me. "I guess Kayaba has created A.I.s that aren't stupid like other MMORPGs." I said, as I attempt to look out of the tree. The wolf pounce towards me and bit onto my arm, but I threw it backwards. My health is now in the red zone and there is nothing I can do. "I still have a couple of hits before I die!" I said, as I dash towards the Dire Wolf.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

I dash towards the wolf with my sword behind my back and leap towards it with a strike that could kill anyone in real life. The Dire Wolf managed to dodge my attack and I start to frustrate over it. "I--I can't die by some monster who isn't superior to me!" I said, as I clench my fist. "If my health manages to drop to one last hit and I can still move, I'll make a run of it." I said, hoping I could kill the wolf.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [5/5 HP]

I manage to speed up towards the Dire Wolf and lashing out towards it. The poor wolf didn't know what it got it self into, but I couldn't let it off like that. I will not die to a mere wolf. "Take that!" I shout, as I continue to slash at it. All that work I put on the Dire Wolf made it seem like I haven't done much to it. I ran back to safety with a grin on my face. "I still have a chance of winning this!" I said, as I prepare myself for my next attack.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [4/5 HP]

I ran up a tree and launch myself towards the Dire Wolf. My sword scratched its face and this time its health is equal to mine. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that the battle has change its tide. "Alright. It's a matter of time before the Dire Wolf will be able to kill me." I said, as I ran towards the forest. I had to find a way to attack the wolf again, but manage not to hurt myself. "Come on, Wolfy. Follow me!" I said, as I hid behind a tree.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [3/5 HP]

The wounded Dire Wolf ran towards the tree I hid and I attempt to swing my sword at its legs. It was like if I was doing a dog show, because it manage to know I was going to swing at it. The wolf leaped over my sword dodging the whole swing, but I couldn't let that bring me down. I ran back to the field whistling at the Dire Wolf to come and chase me. "I need better equipment to beat this thing without any problem." I said, as I stop in the middle of the fields.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [3/5 HP]

The Dire Wolf attempt to attack me by pouncing on me, but I manage to stop it from hurting me further by placing my sword between its mouth. "Okay.. Now take this!" I said, as I slash the inside of the wolf's mouth. The Dire Wolf gave out a loud screech, but I kicked it back to the field. It starts to limp for a bit, and I couldn't help it. The Wolf is a danger to me and this is a virtual world. It's not like Kayaba is monitoring how many monsters I kill and killing off innocent animals.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [2/5 HP]

My sword starts to glow a bright white color, as I focus on eliminating the monster. "Okay. Times up buddy. It's time for you to leave!" I said, dashing towards the Dire Wolf. "HYAAAH!" I shouted, as I pass through the wolf. For a moment, you could hear the a squeal and it shatters into a million of polygons. "There is still more for me to do." I said, as I walk back to Starter City.

Calvin [3/9 HP]

Dire Wolf [0/5 HP] Dead

I took a rest by the entrance of Starter City and sat by the gate. "I guess I need to take a profession right now." I said, as I lean back on the bench. There were a total of eight professions waiting for me to pick one of them and I didn't know which would be a better fit for me. I open up the Floor One map and found the quest hall. "I guess I have to go to the Quest Hall to take a quest for a profession." I said, as I swipe away the menu.