[SP-F1] So it Begins.

I was gazing at the clock by my side, with the nervegear now on my head. I was ready to plunge into that world.

I'd look to the ceiling and smirk. "This is Dezuel, taking off! Link Start!"

Seeing multi-colored rays of light come towards me, of what colors? I have no idea.

After some brief time at what some would call loading screens, I find myself seeing my hands.

"Impressive... with this, I shall be able to.." I would grit my teeth abit and provide a slight upturn at the corner of my mouth. I'll notice others now, appearing right next to me, flashing images. Reactively I get myself into a defensive stance, looking about.

Oh, they've be just logging in, just like me it seems. No need to worry then.

Allright! Let's see now, where is my weaponry and things...

I'd begin to scroll through the HUD menu with my right hand, finding the cloth jacket, I'd equip it. It be fully white with a black vest.

"Not bad. That'll do for now." Glad I've read that manual on how to handle the inventory and this... HUD. It'll save me valuable time.

Scrolling further down, I'll find my starting weapon, a Basic One-Handed Rapier.

I'd click on it, and then see as it materializes. I'd quickly grab it with my right hand, feeling it.

Light weight. Good reach. Quick and effective. Reminds me of myself, well maybe not *that* thin.

"A elegant choice, for a elegant warrior. Now to test it..." I'd toss my gaze towards the exit out of the spawning area, to a grassy field.

I'd make my way out of the main square that everyone was spawning into, seeking to find a suitable target.

Upon the grassfield, I spot it, like a sacrifice right before my very eyes. A worm sticking out of a hole.

So many people get their characters killed early by underestimating their opponents in other games, and then have to run all the way back from the spawn-area. I won't be doing that, I am not a gambler. No, I'll stick with killing the small-fry for starters, then I'll get my hands on some better equipment.

Once that has been done, I'll set out to kill abit tougher ones. But need to count if it is worth it, kill enough small fry and it shall add up with the tougher foes. Since the tougher takes longer to kill, while yielding more gains, they've also pose much more risk of getting killed. Then having to run all the way back, losing precious time. Alot of MMO's also have some form of starting quests, with monster drops. People often try to finish it as quickly as possible. So I should probably sell any left-overs, if I can do so quickly.

Will help them, but It won't be cheap. Because I would want to help myself too, and the quicker I can get better equipment, the better. Though shouldn't be too greedy, these games can both reward and punish the daring. I won't enter a dungeon without preparation.

Need to buy some HP restorative items and more. Will be useful no doubt. Maybe even set up a shop later once I'd get weary.

Before engaging the worm, I take a few practice swings. Gripping the rapier, and feeling how it'd easily follow my every motion. I'd hold it back abit, and then give a forward thrust with a slight leap, this causing the weapon to glow.

"Ah? So that is how you do it..." I can feel how my virtual grin forms on my lips. Then I'll take aim upon the worm. Intending on making its virtual existance into non-existance. It beats killing slimes and cute bunnies, despite it only being monsters without any sort of feelings.

Feeling how the virtual wind blows slightly through my hair. They've really put much effort in this, this Kayaba and his team.I've read about worms having their heart in the middle of their body, at that particular ring. So I'll suppose I should aim right for the middle of it. But I should hurry before any killstealing scum shows up.

I will not hold back. I'll show this AI just how quick a human really can be! Perish!

I'll attack the worm by leaping forwards, holding my rapier back abit, before sending its piercing blade toward the worm with a quick thrusting motion.

Dezuel: 5/5 hp

Worm: 2/2 hp

With just a single thrusting motion, I'd drive the tip of my rapier into the not so intimidating poor worm, causing it to shatter into pixels. "Hah? With just one hit?" There would be a popup screen with experience points and more getting up close and personal with my face, I'll press the loot button with my left hand. Some use I can get for my other hand. "That wasn't so bad. Let see if I can gut another little creep..." I look around, and spot another worm, looking out of its hole in the ground, I'll carefully make my way over there, inspecting my surroundings aswell as the possible virtual mate of the worm I just gutted.

I'll get into position, and begin to charge up my swordthrusting move, and dash forwards towards it. Reaching out with my swordarm, the tip of my blade aiming for it's mid section. Hopefully it would have no idea what'd hit it. I'd resist the small urge of wanting to do a warcry to terrorize it, not sure either if that would work since it be a AI. I feel very light, almost floating as I'd quickly fly towards it, let see if I can finish this one as quickly as the one before.

I'd try to pierce it with my blade, but as I come thrusting it forwards. The worm takes notice, and makes itself like the letter 'S' causing my sword to miss it. "Tsk.." Evasive little thing. It seems to be preparing to attack me, I brace myself for it, hoping I can evade. Oh no you don't! I'd dash backwards quickly, hoping the distance is enough to keep me safe.

Dezuel: 5/5 HP

Worm: 2/2 HP

The little buggar digs itself underground, before leaping back up straight at me. Causing me to get hit. "Tsk.. why you.." The creep hit me, I am going to slice it into pieces! I'd regain my footing, spotting it resurfacing to check the situation, my sword going straight for it. "Take this you... worm!"

Dezuel: 4/5 HP

I'd notice the worm plunging down into the earth, having missed it with my blade. I'd brace myself for it's next attack, hoping my awareness and speed is enough to keep it from hitting me. Where are you, you little... Gritting my teeth abit, knowing that it would come lunging at me at any moment, all I could do now was to try not get hit. Though easier said than done, when the opponent has the moment of surprise. Then all of a sudden...

Dezuel: 4/5 HP

The worm appears by my boots, biting me in the foot. "Hngh!" Pesky little thing! I've got you now! I'll attempt to stab it, before it gets the chance to borrow underground again, plunging my rapier straight for it. I look upon it, this adversary has surprised me. I am smart to not have engaged any of the tougher monsters just yet, when there be things like this one.

I watch as my blade...

Dezuel 3/5

Worm 2/2

Misses? I missed! The worm plunged back down underground, its programmer is a troll no doubt. Then I'd notice a level up sign appearing before my face. Out of the way, I need to see where it's coming from! I'd brace myself for the creature from the underworld. With its slithering movements and artistic dirt-diving.

Dezuel: 5/7 HP (OOC: Depending if level up counts as getting the level up HP)

I'd spot the vile creep jump out of the ground, straight for me, seeking to cause more mayhem. But I am prepared this time.

"That move won't work!" I'd jump backwards, avoiding it's bite. Then I'll use the momentum from my jump to propell myself forwards, and pushing my rapier forwards, like how someone would punch. My target, the worm of annoyance, intending to impale it on my blade of destruction.

Dezuel: 5/7

Worm: 2/2

It looks to me, in all its cunning glory before jumping up, successfully avoiding my blade, and into another hole. You must be kidding me... I'd grit my teeth and then look to all the holes in the ground, it could come out of anyone of them. I just have to be ready. I'd take a deep breath in and wait patiently. Where is it... where is my enemy? It suddenly leap out in a hole behind me, and lunges for me...

Dezuel: 5/7

It bites me in the left shoulder, and then dives downwards aiming for its hole in the ground. I'd grit my teeth again, and strike after it, the blade going for it at a high speed, surely it cannot persist forever? Was this a special worm boss? I could not tell, but it's luck rivaled my own, a thing which I found troubling. I would however stay optimistic on ending it.

Dezuel: 4/7

The wretched worm dives into its hole, followed by my blade. I can hear the shriek within the hole, I can hear it cursing its programmer. My blade piercing its body as it plunged downwards, trying to avoid the needle so to say. I could not help but get a satisfied smirk on my lips. "I'll name you... worm, as you dive into the dirt." I'd get to my feet, my enemy lied crumbling beneath my feet, and before me the rewarding pop-up would appear, I'd press the button. I could only offer a faint smile, it was truly satisfying to kill that annoying thing. Though I had also gotten reminded of my own words, to never underestimate my opponent. Despite how difficult that might be at times, knowing of my own ability. I suppose credit should be given, where credit be due. The worm fought well, but the victory was Dez-sided with me as the winner. I would smile for a moment, and take a look around. Then all of a sudden, I would be surrounded by shining light and teleported back to the spawn area...

Dezuel: 4/7 HP

Worm: 0/2 HP

I find myself in the middle of the spawn area, and before me... now appears. LEVEL UP! In a box with a overly happy tune to it. "Not now.." I'd try move the pop-up window away, to see why I suddenly had been teleported to the spawn point again. I had not died, I had planned on grinding those... I was close to say weak, but after the last worm, I knew better to say that. Perhaps some of the monsters had a particular learning pattern? I could not help but feel a slight disappointment in myself, surely I could do better? I had gotten to level three however...

Then I'd notice how more than me being teleported, some were teleported even before me. I'd gaze around as they've appear. What was going on? Was this some sort of welcoming event? Allright, I can live with that. Not like waiting for that is going to kill me. I'd step up and would almost ask a boy whom stumbles into another person if he'd knows what is happening, but then I'd see it for myself. Something up in the sky, causing it to turn.. red? At least I'd think it is red.

In the sky, it reads... WARNING. I widen my eyes abit, and then it would read. System announcement. I look up at it, and then toss quick glances around at the others nearby, they've be looking at it aswell, some girls would be gasping and some even holding their friends. Well, whomever was doing stuff knew how to build up atmosphere. I would not let myself be intimidated by it, I'd stood ready, one hand by my waist, the other by the hilt of my rapier. That is when I saw how bloodlike substance would fall down from the sky, and form into something... a robed figure. This must be one of the gamemasters?