[SP-F1] So it Begins.

A voice would be heard echoing across the large spawn area. "Attention players, welcome to my world." My eyes would widen at that. My world? Could he be one of the... "My name is Kayaba Akihiko, as of this moment, I am the sole person whom can control this world." My my, so this is the creator himself... and he is the only GM? Most surprising.

I would look around for a moment as it goes silent. "I'm sure you've already noticed that the log out button is missing from the main menu." Hm? Missing? I would open the HUD and look around. It.. isn't there, it's true. Then where is it? "This is not a defect in the game, I repeat, this is not a defect." "Oh?" I would say out loud, and look up at the large robed figure before me.

"It is a feature of Sword Art Online. You cannot log out of SAO yourselves, and no one from the outside can shut down or remove the nervegear." Kayaba would say, I hear the gasps and fear overcoming those near me. Would you need to speak to a NPC or something to log out? What's going on? "Should this be attempted, the transmitter inside of the nervegear will emit a powerful microwave, destroying your brain and thus ending your life." "Uh.." This guy... is a madman, and we are stuck with no way out of this?

Kayaba would continue to speak, mentioning that several people has gotten killed while trying to remove the nervegear. A frightening thought, and a sad way to go. He showed us news from the real world, and some faces of the dead, including people crying. Then he continued, and thats when he said it. That is we'd die in this world, we are gone forever. Just like in the real world, you only have one life. One chance.

I was gritting my teeth together tightly, my virtual teeth. This man was not lying to us, this has now turned into a death game. A battle royale. Where those whom get thrown out are lost forever, with no hope to return. Then Kayaba mentioned there being a way out, clearing all the onehundred floors of Aincrad. But that would take ages, and... I was struck with the realization, that I could have died earlier against that worm. One little slip is all it takes, one wrong move and you are gone. A terrifying thought for certain. The next thought that overcome me was that there would likely be PK'ers. To fend off against those,I have to climb the mountain, with great ambition. I guess getting out of here and living, is a good motivation for success.

Lastly we were given a gift, it was a mirror. I gazed into it, and then there was a flash. Suddenly my appearance had changed, I looked better. I looked like... myself. Guess not everything has gotten worse. As he continued to talk about his reasons, I was convinced that he was indeed, truly mad. But also filling me with determination. If there was anyone in this trap whom could possibly get out of this alive, I guess that would be me. I decided not to press my luck by chewing off more than one can swallow.

After all, not only speed was of importance in these kind of games, but also stats. Unlike those other games however, this had the worst kind of death penalty of them all... actual death that is. I'd think alot of people will probably get themselves killed in the first hours, either from their own inability to fight, them underestimating their opponent or getting PK'd. There usually tends to be a rare chance of aqquiring a special weapon on early, if lucky. In most games at least, I wonder if this one has that to. I am not going to die, I'll make my way through those hundred floors, even if I'd have to spend ten years to do it and by myself. I will never, ever give up.

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard enough, it was time to move out. Thoughts about teaming up with someone got to my mind as I was running. Would it be a good idea to team up with someone? I swiftly and smoothly tossed the idea away. It would go slower, and splitting up the loot no doubt. As for being safer? It might be. But it can also be a big weakness, unattentive teammates may step right into traps or attract aggressive monsters. I wonder how many playing are actually kids? Well, there would surely be alot of them. Reckless, naive and wouldn't listen to reason. I am in no position to help them right now. In order to help others, you must first help yourself. I cannot begin to imagine how many will die in the first few days, due to underestimating the monsters and numbers. Perhaps the population will drop to half in just a couple of months, I guess those whom live long enough will see? I made my way back to the grassfields.

• 4 weeks later...

Once getting there, I laid my eyes upon my foe. This time it was a Frenzy Boar, a bigger and more slow opponent than those other critters I had battled before. This one had no doubt a bigger hit box, and no doubt I could make use of its own size against it. I'd take my rapier firmly in my right hand, approaching it, scanning it with my eyes. I would wait to attack until it has its back turned, despite it being a AI. It would no doubt have its own vision radius, and area which it attacks in. The front is the dangerous part, so I shall make my attack against it when it turns the other way. I'd toss some quick glances around, before lunging for it. You're time is up! Disappear!

Dezuel HP: 9/9

Frenzy Boar HP: 5/5