[PP-01] Reunion (Complete)

As Ourian woke up, he felt strange... Not in a bad sense, but it was as if something was pulling him towards it. Unable to shake off the feeling, he grabs his sword and buckles it to his waist and prepares himself for the upcoming day.

"Since I can't sleep, might as well go for a stroll around town..." He says, walking out of his room at the shelter and outside to see the sun rising. As he walked around town, he still couldn't shake the feeling of being pulled towards something. Deciding to follow this feeling, he heads toward the central square where, along with the other players, he learned of the death game...

When he got there, he thought he was dreaming. Rubbing his eyes and even punching his arm to make sure he was awake, he looked again to find that it was still there. On a park bench in front of him sat a girl with long black hair, blue eyes, and short in stature.

"It... It can't be..." Ourian said to himself as he approached the girl, believing her to be a hallucination.

---

Invited Players

Nelianna

Waking up on a park bench, Nelianna looks to the sky to find that the sun was only just rising.

"Where am I?" She asked, but nobody was around to answer her. Figuring that she would get lost if she wandered, she decided that she would wait until other players started showing up. After about twenty minutes of watching the sunrise, she hears someone's voice... a familiar voice...

"It... It can't be...

Turning her attention to the source of the voice, she sees a man with long black hair tied back into a ponytail at the base of his neck, blue eyes like hers, and a longsword sheathed at his waist. Immediately she knew who he was and ran at him, grabbing him around the chest in a hug, considering that she couldn't reach much higher even though she was older than him.

"Oh my god! Ourian! She cried, sobbing into his shirt.

As he held his sister and hugged her, he couldn't help but shed a few tears.

"It really is you... I've been looking for you since the game began..." He cried, hugging as if she would disappear if he let go. "I was afraid that you... you were dead."

Finally letting her go, he looked down into her eyes to see that she was also crying.

"I thought I was..." She admitted, wiping the tears from her eyes. "For the last month, myself and a couple others in the same situation as me had nothing to do but float above Aincrad... watching the players that died appear out of nowhere... Some of them accepted their fate while others broke down..." returning to the bench, her brother close behind her, she sits down and stares at the ground.

Taking a seat next to her, he also looked down.

"It must've been rough..." Ourian told her. Although he didn't like being around other people when he could help it, he could still sympathize with them. He knew that if he died in this death game, his only regret would be leaving Nelianna alone. Suddenly, he gets back up and starts walking away. "Follow me. It's still a little early, but I can at least get you admitted into the shelter so you have a safe place to sleep." He told her.

Nodding in agreement, she followed him to the shelter and had her admitted. At first, the NPC tried to assign her a room on the other side of the shelter, however Ourian told the NPC that his roommate left and that the extra bed in his room was vacant. Once that was taken care of, she followed Ourian to his room.

"So is this place like an inn or something?"

"No, not exactly..." He informed her, stopping at the door to his room and pressing the buttons on the door for his access code. "It's for players like us who can't afford to stay at an inn or buy our own place. The only way for us to stay here is if you have less than 7500 col, which would be enough to get at least a small place to live from what I've been told" Opening the door, he takes his sword and rests it on his bed along with his gauntlets, and sits down at the desk to the left of his bed.

"That's your bed over there." He said, pointing to the bed to the right of the desk and laughs when she just jumps onto it.

As she laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, she gave a huge sigh.

"This feels so great!" She tells her brother, stretching as she got comfortable. "Those of us who were stuck above Aincrad couldn't sleep... no matter what we tried..." She went on to explain how some of them even tried to put each other in choke holds, hoping that the lack of oxygen would knock them out, some even fought hoping to knock each other out with a blow to the head only to have it all fail. Some even tried to kill themselves, but oddly enough that failed too... It was disturbing to watch, but it was also understandable.

Back in the real world, she would love to just stay awake like that, but with nothing to do but just watch as dead players broke down and cried until the timer above their heads hit 0, she wished she could've just slept through the whole thing so that she wouldn't have to remember their pain, anger, jealousy, and crying screams...

She looked up at Ourian, who was staring at her with what looked like pity.

Ourian couldn't help but feel sorry for her... Nobody should have to endure something like that... Damn you, Kaiyaba... He thought, staring at his sister as she told him about her experiences. When she finally looked up at him, he knew he must've been giving her a strange look when she returned his stare with a questioning stare.

"Sorry..." He apologized, pulling out a book from the desk's drawer and began to read it. "Go ahead and get you some sleep. Nobody really wakes up around here until about noon. I'll show you around the city when you wake up.".

As Nelianna fell asleep, Ourian couldn't help but look up from his book and watch his sister sleep. Finally, his mind was at ease knowing that she was safe. The only person in the world that he cared about, the only family he had left, was now alongside him once more... For about ten minutes, he just sat there and watched her sleep.

"Welcome home, Nell... Well, at least in this world anyway..." He whispered to himself, returning his attention to his book.