[F01-SP] The First Few Lessons | <<The First Lesson>>

Enzo had just descended from the 21st floor after collecting his equipment from the skillful blacksmith known as Rencesvals. On his way down he was thinking about how nice of the blacksmith to give such high value materials as his starters, he couldn't thank him much as it would help him in future quests that require combatting mobs. He's excited to try combat with his new equipment as it would be a whole new different experience for him in this new reality they are in. But before that he thought he'd need to level, obviously. With all this excitement he has to try on different things in this world, he still has not forgotten about the real world. He still has his mind on getting stronger and clearing the game with powerful folks, together. 

From the teleport gate at the Central Plaza, Enzo strolled around the market and shops section of the town. Looking for items that could help him in the future such as health potions and buff potions. But while searching for items, he remembered that he had consumables from the Starter Package. So he opened his inventory and saw those potions, he thought those would be enough for now and didn't really bother buying any more. So, he finds his way out of the markets and on his way out, he gets approached by the supposedly mayor of the town. "You there! Stop, please!" 

Edited by Enzo

Enzo halted his walk and saw that the mayor seemed to be exhausted from all the running. This was his first encounter with the Mayor, Dorian White. Enzo passed by some players talking to him, but never really bothered checking up on them as it wasn't really relevant to him that time. "Slow down Mr Mayor" he told him with a soft smile. "Pardon me, but I'm in need of assistance, and you appear quite capable." hearing these words from the Mayor made Enzo feel great and proud with all the new equipment he just had. Enzo gave the mayor a small laugh as he brushed the back of his head. "It seems you already know me, but let me introduce myself once again. My name is Dorian, and I am the mayor of this town. As part of those mayoral duties, I issued a small loan to a member of the community a few months ago. Well, the time to collect had come around and I-" Flustered, Dorian systematically runs his fingers over his perfect mustache. "You see, I've forgotten who it was I loaned the money to. Terribly embarrassing, I know, but I am a very busy man, and I cannot keep track of everything that happens. I'm sure you understand." Enzo gave the mayor an awkward laugh again. Dorian continues. "Should you be willing to track down the loan recipient for me, and collect the col, I would be eternally grateful. Just, maybe don't let anyone else know I forgot who the loan went to?" Enzo answers immediately. "For sure Mayor, I'll do the best I can" Enzo thought this was a good start since the request didn't seem like he had to fight someone else or something right off the bat. Dorian nodded and added more details. "Excellent, I knew I could count on you! You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money." Enzo nodded and said his goodbyes to the Mayor before setting off to Zackariah's shop. Enzo went by the shops the secondth time until he found Zackariah's shop. 

Enzo stands in front of the shop and takes a deep breath before entering, preparing himself for what he may see in an alchemist's shop since this is his first time and he is raring to actually be in one and feel the atmosphere of being in an alchemist's shop. Weird huh. After some time, he opened the door and the air coming from inside the shop hit his face. He walks in amazed, seeing multiple shelves of potions and vials everywhere with different colors, blends and textures. He takes a quick 360 of the shop and gets greeted by Zackariah who's been standing from behind the counter witnessing a child getting so amazed with his shop. "Oh, hello" Enzo snapped out of amazement and went back to business when he heard Zackariah greet him. He walks towards the counter with a smile and waving. "Hi there" Enzo replied as he put both hands on the counter, preparing to say something and then suddenly. "Are you here to order something? I’m sorry, but I am currently swamped with orders, and I’m running out of supplies.” Enzo pretty much blamed this on himself for being so slow, when Enzo heard what Zackariah said he felt kind of bad for him and thought it wasn't the right time to ask him about the Mayor's request. Then suddenly, Zackariah seemed to look like he thought of a great idea and Enzo was dumbfounded. "Would you gather a few materials for me? Flowers, herbs, rare woods, whatever you can find outside the city walls. I promise I’ll help you fill your order as soon as you return. In fact, I would be willing to show you how to do it yourself.” This request didn't quite align with what the Mayor asked for but he felt he could get something good from this. So after a quick and careful consideration, he nodded and accepted Zackariah's request. "Sure, I'll come back as soon as I finish" Enzo walks out of the shop while waving goodbye to Zackariah. 

Without wasting any time Enzo went outside the walls and outside the safe zone to find the materials. But when he took his first step outside the safe zone, he remembered that he could probably die from a boar or a pack of wolf if he was not cautious enough. He felt nervous, but it did not last for long. He steeled his nerves and proceeded with confidence in his abilities despite the fact that it is his first time outside the safe zone. He's still trying to get a hang of having to risk his life everyday too see another day and to get back to the real world. Everytime he is reminded of the real world he is also reminded of his parents and friends in the real world. And when he is reminded of them, he is reminded of his goal and the things he should be doing, it gives him a calm mind and an unwavering confidence. He always likes to say this one thing before doing something that needs to be done whether he likes it or not. "Well, It's now or never" He told himself before continuing to explore outside the safe zone.

Walking further and further away from the edge of the safe zone Enzo still remains calm and the more he looks around the more he's actually enjoying the sceneries, appreciating them. He thought. "How could a game be so beautiful and cruel at the same time". He walked a little more until he saw a hill and stopped before it. He thought, the further he went out the greater the chances he'd find these materials but he also did it so he could scout the area. For starters, there is a path leading to another village he presumes. Another observation from him is that there are boars everywhere and actually saw some other players fight them. He wishes to fight one too but that really was not at the top of his list at the moment, so, reserved it on another to when it really matters and is worth risking his life. 

Enzo begins to search the area around the hill. Surprisingly, he could not find anything. He went through grovelling on the ground around the hill and yet he could not find a single herb nor a flower. "Perhaps, I started off at the wrong location?"

Roll ID: 214011 | Result: 4 | FAILURE

Edited by Enzo

Enzo kind of got annoyed for not finding anything after all that searching. He thought, maybe, just maybe, he went passed some and so he considered double checking the area. While standing, thinking of what his next move would be, Enzo felt a weird tiring feeling. It was his fatigue building up! From all the walking and groveling, it seemed to build up his fatigue way faster than be thought. Since he wasn't really feeling that tired, he decided to do a double check qround the area before resting, hoping he did miss some spots that could give him the materials he needed. Enzo gives a quick piff and started double checking the area, and again, groveling. After a quick and thorough searching of the area, he found… Nothing. Enzo dropped on his back and gives off a huge puff. "Man, Who knew it'd be this hard." Looking directly at the sky laying down with his arms and legs spreading, he rested. Before fully relaxing on his spot, Enzo turned his heas from side to side and below to ensure that no danger can come to him. "Huh" The area seemed peaceful at the moment, the boars were far from him and did not seem like there many players in the area. With this he relaxed for a quite a bit, thinking about all the things he would be doing if he were in the real world right now. Hanging out with friends, training, bonding with his family. With these in thought, he smiled for a while.

Roll ID: 214028 | Result: 3 | FAILURE

After that quick rest, Enzo decided to continue searching for the materials. He stood up slowly and at his peak he inhaled and exhaled before continuing his search. "Let's do this again" His energy replenished with a quick rest he continued to search for the materials on top of the hill. He thought maybe it would be like a flower on top of a cliff after a long climb. So climbed the hill and on top he found….. Nothing. Enzo sighs. He felt disappointed and frustrated for thinking that type of situation to actually happen. But, he quickly laughed it off and enjoyed the scenery on top of the hill for a moment. "There's a whole plain to search, there's no time for frustration." He went down the hill and went to a nearby path for him to walk on and follow. The nearest path did not seem to be far and there were not many boars through it. He was hoping to meet other players in a friendly manner but there weren't that many players around at that time. 

Spoiler

Roll ID: 214029 | Result: 5 | FAILURE

While searching from the path, Enzo could not help but relentlessly sigh from time to time. Everywhere he looked, he could not find any group of flowers or a single herb plant. "Where have all the flowers and herbs gone? " He shouted at the sky and started to slouch, losing hope of finding these materials. He stopped for a second and gave off one big sigh. He then fixed his posture and continued to search for something. He reminded himself again of what he needed to do and made a rule to not complain about anything that does not go his way. He couldn't help but sigh at those moments and feel hopeless since he greatly underestimated this task. But after resetting his mind, he took it seriously and gave his all to searching. He thought that if he can't even get this quest done, simply searching for materials, then how would he be able to get other quests done. This stupidly motivated him. 

Roll ID: 214039 | Result: 7 | FAILURE