[[F1-SP]] Starting out | <<The First Lesson>>

This was it. Hina had finally convinced herself to venture out of the starting plaza where she'd sat awaiting her daily ration of food since the starting announcement. The days had blurred into weeks into months and it wasn't until they recently announced the clearing of the most recent boss that there was finally some hop in Hina's eyes. Maybe she was going to get out of this death game after all. Hina had checked her inventory at least a thousand times before she stepped foot out of the plaza and into the rest of the town of beginnings. She had a beginner's dagger and armor that seemed pretty basic. She'd also set her belt to have the healing potions she'd been given off of the start so that way she could quickly access them any time she wanted or needed. Breathing out she stepped into the town.

It didn't even take a few moments before an NPC with a quest marker above his head ventured towards her. "You there! Stop, please!" Hina stopped and turned to face towards the man, reading his name and his title. "Dorian White | Town Mayor"  "Pardon me, but I am in need of some assistance, and you appear quite capable..." Hina was interested to hear that she looked "quite capable" when she had spent the past few months rotting away in the town center, living off of scraps of bread and the kindness of strangers while she disassociated away into nothing, but still she wasn't one to turn down the compliment and give him her attention. "My name is Dorian, and I am the mayor of this town. As part of those mayoral duties, I issued a small loan to a member of the community a few months ago. Well, the time to collect had come around and I-" He fidgeted with his mustache for a moment, stumbling over his words a bit, although Hina had to admit the dialogue seemed so human for a video game she was almost forgetting this wasn't reality for a moment. Though the second she thought that she caught herself. This was reality. This was going to be her reality for awhile until the 100th floor was cleared. She let out a sigh as the man continued. "You see, I've forgotten who it was I loaned the money to. Terribly embarrassing, I know, but I am a very busy man, and I cannot keep track of everything that happens. I'm sure you understand." She didn'y really understand how one could forget who they loaned money too, but the Mayor didn't seem to mind too much. Should you be willing to track down the loan recipient for me, and collect the col, I would be eternally grateful. Just, maybe don't let anyone else know I forgot who the loan went to?" Hina chuckled a bit. What an interesting and cheery old fella'. She was almost disappointed in herself for waiting so long to start this quest. If this is what the quests were like in the game where the NPCs felt personable and like she could interact with them she'd almost sad she waited so long to pick up her blade and join the fight. "Alright I'll help you out old man. Just tell me what I can do to assist." The old man nodded and the exclamation point disappeared from his head as she got a notification on the side of her screen that she'd accepted her quest. "Excellent, I knew I could count on you! You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money." Hina simply nodded at the request and began turned around to mayor before she headed out. "You can can count on me sir, I'll find him as soon as possible." And with that she began exploring the town.

++++++++++++

- Post 1 -

WC: 650  | Total WC: 650

Thread Kit:

Spoiler

Serath - Level 1 - 20 hp - 20 EN

Stats:

DMG - 4

MIT - 5

ACC - 1

Skills:

Dagger Skill - [1]