[SP - F01] The Path of the Angler | <<Earning a Living: Fisher>>

Time marched on. The bobber mocking him as it glided over the small waves that were starting to appear. The wind had picked up in the past few minutes causing the surface of the water to oscillate more violently than it had when Wulfrin had started his fishing venture. He began to wander if it would hinder him more or if the new motion would make it easier to find what he was looking for. While the breeze was a fairly decent one, it wasn't enough to make the session unbearable. The wind was just a simulation after all. Then the bobber sunk beneath the surface of the lake. Wulfrin grabbed the now taught fishing pole and began to fight. It wasn't a long one, but it definitely was the toughest he had faced yet. Maybe the wind was helping his chances. He reeled in the line to find a fish at the end of it. After putting the fish in his inventory, Wulfrin recast the line towards the center of the lake.

Fishing ID: 219220 | CD: 10 | LD: 13 | Success +1 Material Found

The time had definitely gotten away from Wulfrin. He had started early morning at Anthony's and now it was getting closer to dusk. However, it seemed his hyper fixation was keeping him here. Wulfrin was determined not to leave until he had the scale. After all once he had the fabled material, he could start his journey proper as a blacksmith. Wulfrin continued looking towards the future when the bobber sank below the surface once more. He grabbed the now taught line and began his battle with the fish on the end. The two struggled for control over the other. Eventually a large fish with gleaming rainbow scales breached the surface of the water. Wulfrin struggled to bring the monster in before he felt the line go slack. The fish must have gotten itself loose as when Wulfrin brought the line back in, there was a simple rainbow hued scale left on the hook. At last the scale Wulfrin had been searching for was in his hands. Wulfrin dethatched the bait from the rod and returned it to the tin.

Fishing ID: 219221 | CD: 10 | LD: 18 | Success +1 Gleaming Scale Found

"Alright Anthony," Wulfrin said as he offered the scale and bait tin back to Anthony.

"I knew you could do it!" Anthony exclaimed as he pat Wulfrin on the back and shot him a wink. "I knew there was something special about you from the moment I saw you. As a gift from me to you, you should keep the scale. Just don't go giving it away now, because the next time you want one, you'll have to fish without my special bait." He took the bait from Wulfrin and nodded towards his humble fishing shack. "If you're ever in the area again, don't be afraid to visit. You know you're always welcome."

"Sure thing," Wulfrin replied with a triumphant pep in his step. "Tanks again for all your help." Wulfrin gave a thankful wave as he started his trek back to Tolbana. Then a quest panel appeared before him informing him he had finally unlocked the fishing profession.

THREAD CLOSING

Wulfrin receives:

734 EXP (Word Count 434 [4343/10*1*1] + Quest [300]) 
400 col (1 page [400]) 

+6 Materials
+1 Gleaming Scale

Wulfrin Acquired <<Fisher>> profession

Edited by Wulfrin