[F01-SP] Where it all started | <<The First Lesson>>

STATS:

Spoiler

<<Frostmaw || Lv. 1 || HP: 20/20 || EN: 20/20 || DMG: 4 || MIT: 6>>

Equipment:

• T1 Halberdiers First Weapon || ( DMG 1)
  • T1 Starter Plate || (MIT 1)

Sword Arts:

• [x4] ST-I (4 EN) | A single-target sword art.
  • [x3] AOE-I (1 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x4] TECH-A (5 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Frostmaw took a stroll around the first floor and noticed that some people were still completing the initial few lessons. She smiled as her stomach grumbled, reminding her of her earlier experience when she was still at level one. She had followed the quest instructions and stumbled upon the beginning of the quest that day.

Walking for a bit Frostmaw was stopped by an NPC, who looked to be quite important. She remembered perfectly as the mayor of the town came to her with a request. "pardon me lady but may I ask your assistance," The NPC asked her, with a quick nod from Frostmaw the NPC went on to explain his story. "Good Good, Well you see I'm the mayor of this lovely place and I seem to have forgotten to whom I Loaned my money, If you could be so kind as to help me as Im very busy at the moment." The Mayor seemed in a real hurry and Frostmaw was just happy to get her adventure started. "Well of course Mayor, I'll be happy to figure this out!" Frostmaw said with bursting energy as it turned out this was exactly how to start the quest. Just as quickly as the mayor appeared was it that he explained where to go first, "Well Dear lady, You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money." With That Frostmaw knew her objective and waved the good mayor goodbye and went on her way to finish the quest.

As Frostmaw was walking for a bit in the town she looked around, not everyone had taken the news well with the whole death game stuff of the game, But Frostmaw stayed positive and she knew that if she became strong she could just help people again. It was always her goal to help people, but this time it felt more like ever that she needed to help people. But she could only do so by becoming stronger. So where to better start than the whole tutorial of the world she found herself in now?

It was clear that for right now Frostmaw was not ready to take any part in the whole raiding the floor bosses yet but she would catch up with those try-hards. But for now, she was focused on clearing this quest as fast as possible, it seemed simple to find a person get money, and maybe return to the quest giver, at least that was what the quest showed for now.

No worry so far so good, Frostmaw was not new to MMO so she knew the whole fetch quest thing was normal, but she also assumed that she would learn some of the basics like combat and or crafting.

Soon enough she reached the Alchemist ship this would be the place where Mister Zackariah would be. Opening the door Frostmaw got hit by the many different smells of herbs. It was pretty strong almost forgetting she was in a game. It took a second but the NPC inside seemed to notice her enter, "Oh, hello!" the man turned around, it seemed to be an older NPC  at least with some years of experience here or there.

"Are you here for an order, If so im gravely sorry but at the moment currently full with them as well I'm running out of supplies?" Frostmaw wanted to speak up but remembered what the mayor said. But it seemed the NPC took its time and responded quite quickly. "Would you gather a few materials for me? Just some flowers and herbs, just outside of the city walls. I promise I'll help you fill your order as soon as you return." With that Frostmaw knew that the quest was truly a fetch quest. "Sure sir, why not, I got a lot of time on my hands anyway and I would be happy to help you," Frostmaw said with a smile making quite big gestures as she spoke.

With that, Frostmaw turned around and exited the building back into the city. Following the instructions she moved towards the city gates, it seemed fewer people seemed keen on going outside and still sitting there trying to understand what was happening. Honestly, Frostmaw felt the same but she could not sit idle like a few people did, She had to do something, and that something was becoming stronger and that started with these first steps.

Standing at the gate she took a breath, her first steps outside knowing this game was a death game now, "Alright Nadia, you got this," She said low and slapped her face cheeks. "one, two, three," With that she took her first steps outside as the notification popped up with that she entered the wilds. Out here everything was way more dangerous, but She was not scared as she had to get stronger. Her objective was, to find some materials for brewing potions, that seemed easy enough. Now let's see how this would go, she thought as she followed the path until she got to a small hill to her left.

Posted (edited)

With that in mind, Frostmaw went right onto the hill keeping her eyes out for anything that seemed like she could use as materials. It seemed like those materials had this small glow around them only seen when you got close, like almost up against them. Maybe you could see this glow better if you improved your stats in that area and maybe there were some skills to help to. Frostmaw was wondering as she looked around on top of the hill.

As she looked around for materials she seemed to stumble upon such a glow. Interestingly as she got closer to the flower with the faint glow to it noticed that she could see the effects of the material. Hovering her hand over it a small menu popped up saying 'wildflower, material'. Frostmaw grabbed the flower and it disappeared into her inventory, "Heck yah, way to go, Nadia, first item found of the game, you did well," She said to herself as she stood upright again.

• ID: 221538 | LD: 12 | Material Seaching Quest | Succeded

1/5 materials found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

It was clear to Frostmaw what to look now for and it seemed pretty easy at least for this quest to find the given materials for it. She moved away from her spot a bit further away from the path she just walked off. In the distance, she could see a few players fighting some smaller-looking boars. Maybe she had to do such a thing later as well, but for now, she was looking for those materials for Zackariah so she took her eyes back to the ground.

It seemed to be a bit harder than she originally thought as she looked around for a few seconds but with no luck. Normally there would be an indication on the map where you could find the items. But it seemed that in the game it was not that lucky also considering she was in so-called first person, so having a map would be a lot harder in this few unless u took the time to open it right in front of your face.

• ID: 221539 | LD: 2 | Material Seaching Quest |Fail

1/5 Materials Found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

For a bit, she opened her map to see if she missed something like the location changed, but only showed a very big area around the city where she could look for the materials, so even if she wanted to get more on point. It kind of was impossible to do so. But she did not want to give up it had only been a few seconds and she was still learning the basics of this mechanic. it was pretty cool though to learn that you could find materials anywhere in the world considering she kind of was just looking around for the items with the small glow.

And as luck had it, right there a small flow from the corner of her eye. This time however it seemed to be not just a white little flower but some sort of herb. Holding her hand over it, it showed 'healthy Herb, material'. Pretty cool that it was not just flowers but even herbs that were materials out here. With that she grabbed it placing it into her inventory, "two down, three more to go, THE LEGEND OF FROSTMAW'S GATHERING POWERS WILL GO FAR AND WIDE!" she said with dramatic flair shooting her arms into the air.

• ID: 221540 | LD: 11 | Materials Seaching Quest |Succeded

2/5 Materials found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

She spun around with a smile and looked around again, so the materials could be both herbs and flowers. Wondering what she would find next was fun so she got right back to it seeking out that faint glow of the materials. With two down it seemed like she was almost halfway done, well kind of. Half of five being two and a half, but who is counting anyway?

Well, it seemed the world was counting, as only halfway done was not enough for her to push her past the half of this gathering mission she was put on. With no luck in this area, Frostmaw gave up the search in the area and walked further to the top of the small hill. Luckily for her because of the high energy she had in her body she didn't feel bothered by this as she was full of determination to finish this within the hour, and right now that seemed easy at the moment, she wasn't even past ten minute

• ID: 221541 | LD: 6 | materials seaching Quest | Fail

2/5 materials found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

Taking a few steps she wandered up to the hill more, with the hilltop still not in few she started looking around again. Here and there she saw a few flowers, but none of those seemed to be the same flowers as the one she already found. Considering that she found it funny that not everything was material worthy, what only seemed balanced really.

It was very clear tho that her luck in finding this kind of material just laying anywhere, well no matter. It might take a bit trying to find them but at least she was having fun. It got Frostmaw wondering what kind of role she would like to fill in the game, She knew people were all too keen on being a DPS, but you had DoT DPS and normal raw DPS. As well that you had Tanks. In her years of playing MMO, she has played both, even becoming a supporting character.

• ID: 221542 | LD: 4 | Material Seaching Quest | Fail

2/5 Materials Found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

As she got to thinking about this she looked at her inventory, at the moment she had the normal basic equipment like her halberd and her basic armor. They were both uncommon items and for the moment Frostmaw thought it was the best option to get at least some damage in for the start so she could take on some enemies.

She smiled, she did enjoy using polearms, it meant that the enemy was at least further away from her while she did damage, but considering the weapons she already had Frostmaw had an idea. Maybe a crazy one but it could work out for her, If she wanted to work on it, it meant she had to plan and choose wisely about the skills she wanted to unlock. As she thought this out from the corner of her eyes she saw a small glow, it was another material and she turned to look at it. Yet again it seemed to be a flower but this one was also a little bit different, Grabbing it and adding it into her inventory.

• ID: 221543 | LD 13 | Material Seaching Quest | Succeded

3/5 Materials Found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

Getting back to her thoughts after she found the material, she kept working with the idea that popped into her head. Having the halberd was useful she could try and grab herself some heavy armor too and both with the long distance as well as the high protection from the armor she could try her hands at tanking again. Remembering how fun it was last time she smiled as she kept looking.

It's been some time since the last MMO that she played the main tank, but it was fun back then and maybe in this game it would be too. Yet considering the danger of dying it was also a bit scary, yet she felt like it was even better considering she would be protecting people. She looked towards the ground and almost seemed to have stepped over a small glow beneath her feet. Crouching down to go to pick up the material, that was not four out of five materials she needed, almost there just one more and she could go back, She didn't even reach the top of the hill yet.

• ID: 221544 | LD 19 | material Seaching Quest | Succeded

4/5 Materials found

Edited by Frostmaw
Posted (edited)

You know what she thought as she looked up at the hill she was slowly walking up to. "Race to the top!" She said to herself as she took off in a sprint up the small hill. Starting slowly with her sprint she went faster and faster until she got to the top of the hill.

Before her she could see the green long hills all over the place, it was the perfect place for a starting area. In the distance, there seemed to be small mountains and here and there some lakes filled this floor. Not too far she saw the big wall of the city and here and there some houses that made up the smaller villages on this floor. This place seemed too beautiful to be a true nightmare and it was there that Frostmaw made up her mind, she was gonna defend those who were weaker and it was gonna be amazing! And right on queue, right there from the side of her vision she spotted the glow again, the last material she needed to collect With a sigh she picked it up as her quest updated telling her to return to Zackariah.

• ID: 221545 | LD 15 | material seaching Quest | Succeded

5/5 Materials found, Return to Zackariah!

Edited by Frostmaw

Taking her time as she walked down the hill, it didn't take long to find the materials so that grind seemed to be not all too hard if she ever needed more. As she got to the foot of the hill again and onto the pathway she looked left and right, seeing if anything was interesting but for the moment it seemed pretty quiet at the moment.

With that she walked back towards the city gates, it would not take long before she reached them, and seeing that the guards were still on active duty made Frostmaw give them a small salute, "Doing a Good job lads." she said as she walked past the NPC guards who in response gave a small salute back towards her. She took a mental note of the NPC reacting towards her, maybe it was something to do with making the world feel more alive. But no matter what it was it felt quite nice and it also boosted the dramatic flair of her knight-like personality.

Getting back to Zackariah's shop was quite easy and within a few seconds, she opened the door again, being hit by the smell of herbs again as she stepped inside. Zackariah turned around again seemingly still busy with some potion brewing. "I have returned!" Frostmaw said as she stepped in further. "Aah, you return indeed, well done and quite quick too! Did you run into any trouble while you were out there?" Zackariah asked her. As she placed her hands on her hips she stood proudly, "Nope nothing dangerous, and I even got to see the beautiful area around the city!" Saying this made Zackariah laugh a bit.

Handing Zackariah the materials he starts to inspect them closely and nods, "These will do perfectly," he turns around and gets busy but stops himself "Oh, and as promised I will help you! but I have a plan I would be willing to show you how to craft some of these." Frostmaw didn't wanna deny it and nodded happily, "perfect just come over here," he said pointing towards the brewing stand next to him.

Frostmaw walked over toward the brewing stand next to Zackariah who smiled happily towards her. "Alright pay close attention, lady, It won't be that hard to follow my steps," he said as he grabbed the materials that he had still lying around. He started pulverizing the materials into a smaller stone bowl grinding them down quite a bit. And once grinded down he grabbed the materials and placed them at the brewing station. "Alright, now we done that we gonna bring it to temperature, You still the following miss?" He asked her. Frostmaw looked up and spoke clearly "Yes Sir! So far it is all clear," With a nod, Zackariah kept working on the potion.

"These are just simple health potions we cooking up right now but maybe if you are interested you could speak to someone to teach you even more about brewing these things up." Following his steps as he made the potions it almost seemed like magic as the water seemed to turn red and before she knew it, the potion was ready and Zackariah held it up!

Posted (edited)

Zackariah turned towards Frostmaw and pointed towards the materials on the table, "Now it's your turn, Miss, Just do as I did and you will be fine!" He said. Frostmaw turned towards the materials looking over them, all of them had their own little stat but it was very clear what to use. So this was the crafting mechanic, it seemed pretty easy but it was probely because of the quest itself, and maybe later when she wanted to get really into it it would be a lot harder.

She did every step as shown, grinding down the materials and then moving on to heating them up at the station. It went pretty well and it almost seemed like small little bubbles showed up as she was crafting. As the water started to boil like it did with Zackariah, Frostmaw went and at the last material to it, it transformed slowly turning red like it did before. As she stood there proudly Zackariah took the bottle and inspected it himself. "Well would you look at that beauty, I can not say this was made by a beginner, it is literally made perfect to my instruction!"

• ID: 221546 | CD: 12 | Crafting Healing Potion Quest |Success Perfect Quality

Quest Completed

Edited by Frostmaw

Frostmaw was quite amazed by her performance of her crafting and that was made even better with the praise from Zackariah. Even if it wasn't from a real person it still felt real to her. With a glow on her face, she smiled and thanked the alchemist. "Now, was there anything else?" he asked her and Frostmaw nodded, "Oh yeah I also was asked by Mayor Dorian to ask about some col he let someone borrow, but he has forgotten who it was during all the hectic events happening this week." She said.

"Leave it to Dorian to forget something so important. No, I'm afraid it wasn't me that borrowed the col. You might try Lyle, the blacksmith. I've seen him talking with the mayor frequently the past month or so, and he's just up the road. I wish you luck!" Zackariah said with a smile. Before she could leave The alchemist stopped her "here have some of these for helping me out today, A little thank you," HE said giving her a smaller box with some potions collected within.

Leaving the shop Frostmaw looked around and looked at the map, it saw clear as day where she needed to go and it was not that far from where she was now. Just a bit of a walk and the next quest in what seemed like a quest line was gonna start. This was all a memory now as Frostmaw had moved on and done some great work so far.

Returning to the present day, Frostmaw looked at the little alchemist shop that was in front of her. Back then she was still a greeny noob, but now she learned quite a bit about the game. These first quests were truly to explain the world and how it worked. getting a bit nostalgic She turned and walked into the shop. Yet again the same smell hit her, those herbs smell just the same. And the same NPC was standing there his warm eyes met with Frostmaw again, Who knows maybe he remembered her maybe he did not.

To her surprise, the NPC did remember her and he greeted her "Ah Hello Miss, it's been a time, How have you been." he asked her "Did you come to make an order or did you want to chat?" he asked her quickly. Frostmaw smiled "A bit of both, seems like you've been slowing down with orders, and Yes it has been a while dear friend. I'm doing wonderful, I would call myself a full-fletch knight by now," She said with confidence in her voice.

Even if it has only been a month or two she has improved by now and it felt great. "Well wonderful, I remember the day still clearly miss! you did such an amazing job back then! Oh and here are some potions you seemed interested in," He said handing her some potions just like last time, only this time she was paying for them instead of helping him out for a quest. Leaving quickly remembering she had to do something she planned she waved him goodbye and left quickly with her items.

Posted (edited)

As she left again she looked around for her friend who was waiting for her, Appolizing for the wait she moved over. She felt really nostalgic about coming back into his shop, even seeing some other players move into his shop to take the same quest she took back then. Maybe they will have the same experience as her back then, or maybe it will be different from hers. But no matter what she did enjoy the little fetch quest he gave her. And it made it even better that it was just the perfect day to go out today as it was way back.

Prepare to move on again Frostmaw left with her friend towards the city teleporter to go up to the higher floors as she was about to try her hands on a quest she heard about. Walking past the other locations on the first floor she noticed some lower-level players who still didn't seem to be all to keen to leave the first city at all after the announcement. Even now people are scared of death.

Thread Summary:

Frostmaw:
+822 EXP | <<(3723 / 10) * 1 * 1 (+450 Quest)>>
+900 Col | 500 Quest + 400 Complete Page 1
+ 5 Materials | Quest

+5* T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
+1* T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
+1* T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
+1* T1 Health Potion, quality is based on Crafting Results.

Unlocked <<The Second Lesson>> Quest

Edited by Frostmaw