[F01 | SP] Patience, Hunter | <<Training Your Friend>>

The vibration of the morning alarm, paired with the sunlight spilling in through the window of her inn's room, forced her awake against every effort she placed in trying to avoid and ignore them both. Her entire body still ached from the previous day, and she wondered if the game had some sort of recent update to accomplish a more realistic impact, or if her mind was simply filling in the blanks of the memories that she had of the entire routine. Whatever the reasoning, as she rolled over onto her side she felt a groan escape her in response to the various pains that seemed to come from almost every muscle in her body. 

I don't think...I'm doing any major activities today... Even in her head, the thought seemed filled with pain. Sighing aloud, she forced herself to rise fully in preparation for the day. A quick glance at the clock confirmed that she had overslept - an issue that effected nothing other than her natural rhythm and patterns, seeing as she had paid for the inn in advance - and she felt another sigh slip through her lips. Today is going to be rather painful, I think...I wonder if I can convince Musei to have something simpler for breakfast.

As if summoned by the thought, the small weasel appeared on the bed beside her, it's face staring up at her in a mixture of anticipation and concern. Smiling at the sight of him, she signed her question to the creature in the hopes that he would be understanding of her situation and predicament. Everything hurts today, because of the training from yesterday. How do you feel about maybe finding something a bit closer for breakfast, so that we don't have to walk as far? I can see if the inn has anything better for food than what we usually get? Would that be okay?

Statblock

Shoko (2).png
Spoiler

Notes

Nymoria | Lv. 13 | P. 0 | HP [260/260] | EN [44/44] | ACC [4] | DMG [11] | MIT [34] | BH [+6] 
Tier 2 | Tier 2

Equipment

• Nymoria's Sabre
    [Sabre | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Damage [2 Slots]
  • Beginner's Chestplate
    [Light Armour | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Mitigation [1 Slots] 
  • Hearing Aid
    [Trinket | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Accuracy [3 Slots]

Battle-Ready Inventory

• Starter Healing Potions {5} | Tier 1 | Potion | Heals 50 HP
  • Field Rations {1} | +12% Max HP
  • Health Potion {1} | Tier 1 | Potion | HP Recovery III
  • Teleport Crystal {1}
  • Hearing Aid
    [Trinket | Tier 1]
    Enhancement: Keen [1 Slot]

Skills

Spoiler

Utility Skills
N/A

Combat Skills
Battle Healing [Rank: 3. 
Active: Passive. Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.]

Weapon Skills
Sabers [Rank: 5. 
Active: Passive. Effect: +7 DMG]
[Rank 5 Weapon Addon] Stamina [
Active: Passive. Effect: Reduces EN of all attacks by 2.]
[Rank 5 Weapon Addon] Precision [
Active: Passive. Effect: +1 ACC.]

Armour Skills
Light Armour [Rank: 3. Active: Passive. Effect: Gain Mitigation based on your rank in Light Armor. You can only benefit from one armor skill at a time (the respective armor type must be equipped). Your mitigation is capped at 2 enhancement slots.]

Active Extra Skills
N/A

Inactive Extra Skills 
N/A

Combat Mastery
Damage [Rank: 1. Active: Passive. Effect: Gain +1 * Tier additional Base Damage per rank. Ranks of this Skill obey Damage enhancement caps.]

Familiar Skills
N/A

Estate Buffs
N/A

Sword Arts

Spoiler

[x12] ST-I (12 10 EN) | A single-target sword art.
[x15]
ST-II (13 13EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
[x20]
ST-B (20 18 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, this CD check applies to only the first roll.
[x11] AOE-I (11 9 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
[x14]
AOE-II (14 12 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed all intended targets the previous turn.
[x12] TECH-A (13 11 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
[x12]
TECH-B (13 11 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a debuff that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.
[x8]
TECH-F (
8 6+ [2 * targets] EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.

Estate Buffs

Spoiler

N/A

Edited by Nymoria

She slumped into the booth with a resigned sigh and a less than graceful thump. She'd argued with Musei for about ten minutes before giving into the weasel's stubbornness. No matter what argument she'd thrown at him, he'd ignored her and simply thumped his tail in a sign of disagreement. Eventually, tired and not desiring to argue any further, she'd relented and told him that they could go - but it would be a late breakfast. The weasel had simply acknowledged the comment before striding over to it's bed and curling up into a small ball, clearly content to wait out her preparations. 

A large yawn escaped her as she tried to force herself into a more lively condition. It just so happened that the attendant appeared at the exact moment, and she found herself suddenly fighting between yawning, and the flurried attempt to place her order; an action that brought her to a relative flushed appearance. As the server walked away, Nymoria let her head collapse onto the table, the small bump of it likely not very loud, and yet she somehow felt like everyone in the small café would've heard it. 

Can I just go back to sleep now...? She wanted nothing more than to return to the inn, crawl into bed, and wake up in a few days. I'm not so sure Musei would be happy about that though. He'd probably jump on my face to wake me up to come get food. She giggled at the image in her head, amused with the action of her mind crafted version of Musei; it was certainly something she could see the small weasel doing, and a part of her was surprised he hadn't done it yet.

She'd eaten as slowly as she possibly could, consuming each bite as if it pained her to end it. Which wasn't as far from the truth as it could have been, the idea of ending the meal and having to focus on the quest she had put aside for the day - an activity that would mean she would have to continue moving when her body already felt like it was going to collapse under her - made her want to do nothing more than remain in the lounging bench of the café. At least it's nice and soft...and welcoming...I never want to get up again.

Her reprieve and desire was broken, however, when the form of Musei appeared in her vision, the weasel's tail swishing in an impatient manner. It was clear that he wasn't going to allow her to simply remain seated all day. She knew that she had promised to work on the training event today with him, and yet she found herself so exhausted. Something tells me he's not going to accept that excuse though. He didn't even let me sleep in. He must be really excited to actually get to doing something. It was a stark reminder to her that he must have been bored, or perhaps frustrated, at the fact that he had no real role in their relationship. Although he provided her with something she valued, it was apparent in his behaviour that he felt like he wasn't doing enough; a fact that seemed to drive his desire to complete the training program that was offered as a quest for the pair of them. I guess I can't ignore his feelings on that, at least.

They'd left the café behind, albeit Nymoria had risen with a grandiose amount of reluctance. She'd wanted nothing more than to remain seated for the remainder of the day, if not her life. Everything burned as she'd risen from the comfortable chair she'd been settled into, forced into movement by the ever growing annoyance that Musei had displayed at her tardiness. Now that she'd made it out into the street, she wasn't sure that she was feeling any better - everything still hurt, and each step felt like a singular moment of misery. But it is improving. Maybe sitting around would've made it worse...not that I'll ever admit that aloud to Musei. She giggled at the joke in her head, knowing that she wouldn't ever be able to speak a word of it.

They'd made their way through the throng of the streets, sliding past other players and NPCs that barely registered her presence. The dull ache of vibration and background noise played against her ears, half-heard voices passing her by as the hearing aid and Cardinal system struggled to balance for her own deficiencies. A collection of vendors attempting to hawk her stared in surprise as she slid past, their attempts unnoticed even as they called in their loudest voices. Nymoria's own thoughts had taken her attention inward, and as she moved throughout the crowd, she tuned out everything around her. Musei likely wants to get this quest done to be helpful, as if he's not already...so I need to find something worthwhile for him. I don't want him engaged in combat, really. I couldn't live with myself if he got hurt, but...maybe there's something else he could do?

She'd spent some time looking over the available skills for familiars, trying to piece together what would be the best bet. She'd immediately struck off and ignored the few combat focused abilities. She knew, without a second thought, that she would never call upon him to attack something or defend her in any way. That had left only a couple of choices, and she'd been struggling between them, partially due to her own uncertainty with what she was going to focus on. How can I choose how Musei will help me best, if I don't know what it is I'm going to focus on...?

Posted (edited)

Well, I'm not going with many healing skills, so the healing familiar skillset is a bit of a waste...which really only leaves hunting, scouting and profession. Profession might be useful, but...I mean for how long? What happens once I've mastered that? And...what if it doesn't really give Musei the job that he wants? I should ask him. She turned to the weasel suddenly, glancing at the creature as it rode her shoulder through the crowded areas that they had been passing through steadily. Her hands moved as she signalled to the small creature, before beginning to post her questions to him in an attempt to get his own opinion on the matter she had been trying to make a decision with.

Hey, Musei. We need to choose a skillset for your training. Tail for no, paw for yes. Agreed? The small tap of the paw on her shoulder confirmed that the familiar had not only understood her question, but was ready to answer the options she presented towards it. She gave a quick breath before signing the first option that she had considered to the creature.

Profession focus, where you can help me make stuff in the shop? The thump on her back dismissed the idea, the tail gently tapping her with enough force to be felt. She was a bit surprised by the immediate reaction, but decided that it wasn't worth thinking over too much.

Scouting focus, which can help find dungeons and Labyrinths and treasure chests and stuff. The thump on her back came after a momentary pause, just when she'd been getting ready to repeat the question. Sighing, she decided to give the final option she'd been considering, before knowing that they'd need to start arguing about the familiar's role and engagement. Hunting focus, where you look for and locate things of worth and bring them back.

The tap on her shoulder came suddenly, albeit after a single breath of a pause. Surprised, she turned her head to glance at Musei before she could hold back the reaction. She hadn't expected him to agree to the idea, especially after his dismissal of the scouting skillset. 

ID222877 | CD: 3 | Training Familiar | Results: Failure [0/3]

Edited by Nymoria