Side Professions

Not talking skills or anything like a class type, more like a job profession. In the anime I saw players doing all kinds of things such as.

[*:1q0sehrr]Information Trading/Brokerage (kirito bought and sold)

[*:1q0sehrr]Player Killing (the laughing coffins)

[*:1q0sehrr]City Guards (The Army)

[*:1q0sehrr]Children Caretaker (Sasha)

and a few more can be noted in the series. How can players notify if they wish to have a side profession?

• 11 months later...

Seeing as what you said was very true I don't see a need for it. This shouldn't be added as a profession seeing as the players characters could do this without it being one really. Besides it'll get in the way if the professions that were actually shown and in to detail. Though information broker could be like a skill considering it could work with someone eavesdropping on others to get the latest information. But to be honest it really isn't needed. Just like Crim said, find the right person with the right knowledge and you can learn stuff and just repeat. Sorry if I couldn't explain better. ^^

• 2 months later...

If professions were a thing, I think they should be for something that just added more depth to a player. The Army ere players that took law into their own hands. Information brokers were all about finding stuff out and being a walking wiki/google source to SAO. Child care was done by those who took the underaged children under their protection and worked to provide for them. Laughing Coffin, we know about that.

I could say that my player is a trainer for example. All I do is help others improve in a specific area. Or maybe someone could say they are a explorer/geographer. What they do is explore regions of floors and map it out for others. A bodyguard would simply be at another players side while they were outside the safety of the city walls.

Just to mention what came to me.