[PP FL1] Bullied [Mitsuki]

Guest Toshiro

Guest Toshiro

Toshiro sat in the sunlight staring out at the distance of the vast city. The starter zone that was meant for beginners only was probably the only city this young man would only see in his life time. His chocolate orbs seemed to be absorbing every scenic detail he could possibly analyze. He had found refugee on the outskirts of the city within range of the non safe zone but the beaten path had people crossing and going. He picked this particular spot to rest because the breeze was so gentle and brisk that it seemed like a dream.

He had been sitting awkwardly than most people would be positioned with his left leg hanging off the side and his right leg seemed to straddle the other side of the cobblestone wall. Most would make it seem uncomfortable but he was ecstatic about the feeling of being able to swing his legs back and forth. People were still bustling by staring awkwardly at him and yet nothing seemed to phase him. A sigh escaped his lips as he closed his eyes and he spoke." A guy could get used to this."

It wasn't long before he was approached by two players who had noticed his attitude and considered it unbecoming." Hey Kid! Stop acting like your better than us. " The one shouted at him. Startled by this, he reached over to his branch like crutches and swung them out of being scared. The other one simply grabbed his branches and threw them aside."You're kidding right ?" Great. Now he had nothing except for his sword that he couldn't use in the safe zone.

Along an active path Mitsuki walked. Her head was lowered as she walked, and her dark blue hair rested just above her closed eyes. A year's worth of experience being blind allowed her to get an accurate estimation as to where the people around her were simply by the sound of their footsteps, which, in turn, aided in avoiding accidental collisions with other players and NPCs. She continued weaving her way through the crowd with relative ease, her lips gently curving an amused smile. Guess I'm still just as good at being blind as I am in the real world.

Mitsuki's eyes immediately flashed open upon hearing the sound of shouting nearby. Her head immediately turned in the direction of the noise, emitting only a short distance behind her. Pausing for a moment, she watched as another player had what appeared to be two branches used as crutches snatched from him, as he appeared to be struggling to stand. Why the hell are the bullying this guy? Regardless of their motives, Mitsuki wouldn't stand for it; especially because it appeared the victim wasn't capable of fighting back.

In an onset of fury, Mitsuki found herself sprinting towards the two, her right fist drawn back. "Stop it!" Before the player closest to him could even turn his head to see her, her fist came flying forward, hitting him directly in the chest and sending him falling back. While her target was lying on the ground, caught off-guard, she quickly looked over his friend. He was clad in the basic gear; he was probably one of those players who refused to leave the first floor out of fear, and the one lying on the ground was probably no different.

Her hand found its way to the hilt of her dagger, which it tightly gripped. "Take it easy!" The player still standing said, clearly frightened by the intensity of her attack. "We'll go, we'll go!" He said as he pulled his friend up from the ground and took off with him. Mitsuki was almost certain she heard them curse her as they fled from the scene.

Mitsuki's eyes shut as she attempted to slow her breathing. Its pace had skyrocketed from the slight rush of adrenaline that had began pumping into her virtual veins after the attack. "Stereotypical bullies." She muttered to herself. "Act tough until you put them in their place." Remembering the reason she had blitzed them to begin with, Mitsuki turned to find the player they had been harassing. Her left-hand raised, scratching the back of her head.

"Umm.. Hiya." Mitsuki awkwardly said, unsure of how he would react to her. "Are you okay?"

Guest Toshiro

Seeing the players go flying allowed him time to try to get himself together. He didn't even acknowledge what had happened as he was too concerned with trying to get up in a vertical state. His branches were gone that he managed to carve with his sword into a crutch. So to everyone around him, he seemed clumsy or like a new born horse trying to get its legs together. Upon hearing her words, he glanced up with both arms in front of him shoulder positioned and his legs straightened out. " I'm.. uh.. fine." He managed before trying again.

Dust piles were beginning to collect on his clothing as he struggled. His face turned absolutely beet red from exerting too much energy. Also, there was that possibility that he was embarrassed as hell from the girl staring at him. This was the first time anyone other than those two knuckle heads wanted to interact with him. A frustrated sigh was heard as he spoke." Can you help me up please?" He didn't know the stranger but she was kind. She, in fact, saved him from other embarrassments further down the road. No telling what anyone would do if they actually found out he couldn't walk or even stand up correctly.

He laid on the ground and sat up straight. Left hand extended to her as he awaited for the girl to help him up.. or at least that's what he would assume she would do. At this time, he managed to look at the girl in the face and examine her facial structure and other features. The only thing that jumped out at him was her eyes. He blinked several times just looking and unable to say much at all. Something struck to him as odd about those ocular orbs. He didn't wish to be rude or anything so he just maintained his extended left hand out to her. " I'm... Toshiro." He introduced himself.

"Mitsuki." She gave her name to Toshiro, an innocent smile on her face. She knelt down a bit as she extended her own hand towards his, closing her fingers around his hand and helping him to his feet. "Oh!" Mitsuki seemed to come to a realization afterwards and immediately walked over to the two branches that had been stolen to him. "You need these to walk, don't you?" She asked, still holding them and waiting for him to take them.

At first, she hadn't noticed that the boy's face seemed to be bright red, up until she had helped him up. Um.. Okay. She shrugged the thought off, but it was soon replaced by the fact that he was now seemingly entranced by her eyes. Nothing too uncommon, but the redness followed by the inspection.. it was a little different from what Mitsuki was used to. Instead of explaining the bizarre nature of her eyes, she simply waited for him to ask her himself. Maybe I'm just imagining things. In reality, she knew she wasn't, but she didn't have to accept that yet.

Realizing that she had been silent ever since she had helped him up, she decided to speak once more. "So, what was that about?" She asked, referring to the people who had attacked her earlier. "Did they know that you needed these crutch- ...sticks?" Why does he need these to begin with?

Guest Toshiro

He simply nodded at her questions and statements. His eyes lowered a bit as she handed him his crutches." In my world... the real world really.. I've been paralyzed for fourteen years. So its a bit new to walk around. " He simply adjusted his crutches and started to move slowly with one foot placed in front of the other. " I don't have the hang of them yet. But at least I could will them to move. " He said in a soft tone. Eyes raised to her and he spoke. " I don't exactly know why those guys were doing the thing. I was honestly just sitting there enjoying myself for the first time in a long time. " He shrugged.

He smiled after he got stabilized and spoke." Nice to meet you. Thanks for saving my hide." He grinned a bit looking at her. He didn't mean to stare. At the clinic, he had noticed only one other person who had eyes like that . He was going to say something but people were a bit shy on their disabilities. He wasn't because he was obvious.

" So.... um...yeah. I've been trying to just learn how to walk. It's a bit sad." He was trying to break the ice but he wasn't so sure how else to approach it.

Mitsuki nodded, that same gentle smile from before still on her face. His story, his disability, his pain.. she understood his situation almost perfectly. Only the difference in time was truly different. Paralyzed for fourteen years? The thought horrified her, but also brought a certain pity for the man; the same kind of pity she despised receiving herself. I can't even imagine what that'd be like. Even in the game, walking must be something new for him. She had only lived a year in darkness. Memories of what the vision was like never left for her.

As Toshiro managed to return to his two feet, Mitsuki couldn't help but notice that after he thanked her, his eyes were set upon her's once again. Shyly, she turned her head away. "Do they scare you?" She asked, her voice growing soft. "They're real, just so you know. In this world, at least." In Sword Art Online, the glass balls inserted into her skull actually felt real. She could feel them tear up, she could feel the moisture, and she could feel them glancing around. All of those feelings simply weren't there in reality.

Her hand clenched into a ball as the thoughts haunted her. It wasn't long after she heard Toshiro speak of how he was trying to learn how to walk again that she snapped back into reality. "Hey," She said, attempting to provide a soothing tone within her voice. "At least you're trying." She kindly said.

Guest Toshiro

He shook his head. The thought of that scaring him didntbexist." No.. I just remember seeing someone like that before. That person and I spoke a bit at a clinic. They were making sure that the fit was still good after age progression...or so she said." He moved forward placing one crutch in front of the other moving at a dhow pace. He started to close the gap between them and then spoke." I think they're amazing. Especially here."

Her movements were ordinary in the eyes, he analyzed. Nothing like the woman he met at the clinic. " Simply extraordinary. " He remarked." How long? And I'm assuming you feel awesome now that you can see." He dipped his head to get a closer view but immediately withdrew as he noticed the gap was too close. He almost fell backwards from the sudden movement and response to his legs.

Being blind and being paralyzed were detrimental disabilities. He had heard that sao could be a therapeutic way to cope. He had no idea this was even possible. Yet, here they were both standing and talking. She could see and he could move. The conversation was nice since the two could relate to each other. But those eyes were simply absorbing in a way that he couldn't explain.

While he was talking, Toshiro had slowly began to grow closer and closer to Mitsuki. Her cheeks flushed red, unsure if the boy even noticed that as he grew closer and closer, peering into her eyes as if she was some sort of unique object. She supposed some might see her as a miracle, but she didn't see herself that way. Just as she was about to speak up about the closing distance between them, it appeared that Toshiro had recognized it and nearly fell back. Her fist approached her mouth as she lightly giggled at his expense. "You're an oddball, aren't you?" She asked jokingly.

In reply to the question centering around Toshiro's obsession with her eyes, Mitsuki simply shrugged. "Honestly, I've only been blind for about a year." She stated. "It is pretty nice being able to see, but if I ever wake up from this, I'll be waking up in darkness." Her head tilted forward as she stared at the grassy green ground beneath her feet. It was a depressing thought, knowing that if she survived, she'd have to return to a disabled life. "It's sad, really." She said, unsure of what Toshiro expected from her.

She turned her head away, partly to avoid Toshiro's stare, and partly because she could feel tears beginning to form. "I don't want to live in darkness." Her hands wiped away the tears. "Not again." Up until now, she hadn't thought about the real world, but looking back at her life before Sword Art Online had snuck toxic thoughts back into her head. Do I wish to stay here forever, or do I wish that I had never been here at all?

Guest Toshiro

Brilliant move, he thought. He had said something that wasn't a good thing. A frown slipped on his face as he had realized how insensitive he had come off. Immediately, he bowed his head and tried to position his body in an apologetic way." Gomen.. I didn't mean to do that." He had noticed his own indirect way that he brought up some things that did not need to be said. His body adjusted as much as possible and still he looked silly.

He bit his lower lip hard trying to salvage what portion of this encounter had remained." I didn't think.. about what would happen to afterwards. Trapped in a steel cage." He looked up at her. " But we met. Two people who can relate to each other. Right? It's not sad. You are not a sad person. That's bravery. " He tried desperately to snap her out of it. He tried to believe in his own words as well. It was hard to think that he was going to go back to that cold steel. People pointing and staring. She must of felt the same way.

He hobbled over to her slowly and spoke." Let's make the best of it. Let's do our best..." He whispered trying to show resolve. It wasn't the same as her. She lost her sight. It was a big deal. He would of reacted the same way too. He extended his hand to clasp her shoulder but stopped. They didn't know each other well enough for him to simply touch her. So his arm was left there elevated. He wanted to comfort her. So do something about it ! She saved you. You owe her! He battled in his mind. Then gently, his hand touched her shoulder." We are two peas in a pod...so let's stick together."

Toshiro had done his best to comfort her, but Mitsuki's mind was fixated on the literal darkness of reality. Her tears had at least stopped, but she still found herself shivering, her arms grasping each other across her chest. Heavy, erratic breathing consistently exited her mouth as she found herself struggling to slow her breathing. Deep breaths. She thought. Just keep breathing in through the nose, and out through the mouth. As she did her best to follow her own thoughts, her eyes closed. Eventually, her breathing had returned to a steady pace.

Upon her shoulder, she felt a warm sensation, which must have been Toshiro. He compared the two of them to peas and pods, which was met with a slight smile, though based upon their positioning, Toshiro wouldn't be able to see it himself. She turned herself towards him, dislodging his grip upon her shoulder. Though her eyes still refused to meet his, she bowed her head towards him. "Thank you. For trying to comfort me, that is." She opted out of responding to his suggestion to stick together; it was a little awkward to be talking in that manner already, at least in her opinion.

Guest Toshiro

It was a generalized way of trying to make someone feel better. His therapist usually tried that tactic on him to no avail. He sought to use that tactic with success here. He took a few slow steps back and nodded to her with a smile. " You are most welcome." He replied with a sincere voice. Chocolate orbs gazed upon the remaining people traveling to the city and he looked at her." I have a long walk back. It's gonna take me a bit to reach where I need to go so I'll see you sometime." His cautious nature allowed him to pick up differences in answers and in speech. It was clearly evident that they were both from the same type of tree. Only he could act his way out of it.

It was clear he did have a long walk. The evidence were located on his pants where it looked like several layers of dirt had been recent. His slow moving pace wasn't exaggerated. It would literally take the young man the rest of the evening to reach just the city gate. He didn't mind though. The process of being able to walk was the indicator for motivation for such suffering. " See ya." He waved a bit to her and moved forward. The occasional glance of people made him a bit upset though .

Mitsiku's nearly white eyes watched as Toshiro began making his way towards the city; she couldn't help but feel a bit of pity for him. At the speed he was moving, he wasn't getting anywhere quickly, especially since he appeared to be heading towards the city. She looked down at the ground. I should help him, but I don't want him to just see it as an act of pity. I wouldn't want somebody to help me out of pity. For a moment, she simply stood there staring at the ground, conflicted. Her heart was a bit torn on the matter, but eventually, she found herself jogging to catch up to him.

He hadn't gotten very far, but she stopped at his side when she caught up. "Listen, I know you'll probably just take this is an act of pity, but.." She paused for a moment, contemplating how she'd put it across. "Do you want me to help you? Or at the very least walk with you to where you're going? Not because I feel bad for you, but because I.. I want to get to know you better." Even if her voice gave hints that she did feel bad for him, there was also a certain honesty in the last words she spoke before leaving the decision to him.

Guest Toshiro

It's not like he hadn't heard that tone of voice before or anything. He knew there was a pity sense but the sincerity was there. A light smile was seen as he looked over to the girl." I'm fine with that. I'm usually alone most of the time so this is a nice change of pace. " He didn't wish for help. Maybe if he fell he would take help but her companionship and conversation any day." Though.. we could be out here all night. I don't want you to think you have to stay." He gave a slight frown at the situation.

Regardless, his feet shuffled along the path and he struggled just like before. It was human nature to walk. A blessing that people took advantage of. He was like a new born cycling those nerves in his legs. A fierce determination was all he had to keep going." So.. Learn any cool skills or anything yet? " He smiled at her as one foot moved along with the next.

Mitsuki simply shook her head at Toshiro's comment about feeling compelled to stay. "It's not that." She stated, her words actually beginning to feel a little less withdrawn, and a bit more confident. "It's that I do want to get to know you. You seem like a good guy, and I've got nothing better to do anyways." There was no doubting that Mitsuki was still a bit shy in the way she spoke, but she still nodded her head at her own comment.

Upon being questioned about her skills, Mitsuki once again nodded her head with a smile. "Actually, it's funny that you mention it. I recently earned the <> skill. It's part of the reason I was able to beat those guys so easily." That same, light-hearted smile remained on her face the entire time, even as she carefully watched Toshiro, prepared to help if she needed to. "It's pretty powerful."

Guest Toshiro

He stopped in his tracks and clapped. " That's a great skill. When I get the hang of walking, I wanna do more. " He gave a light shrug. He then continued forward and gazed at the city. So close yet.. so terribly far." Well.. I thought I'd be okay going out this far.. not so wise now." Her eyes were revealing. He knew that look.. that look so many people gave him. It was like he was a doll. One that was perched in a tower locked away and the key was melted and gone.

His thoughts moved to something different as he ventured forward." I was thinking of becoming an artisan. Something I haven't seen as of late. " He would probably invent an easier way to move." You think that's a good idea?" He had asked her opinion to make her feel a bit involved with a decision even though she was a stranger.

Mitsuki maintained a kind-hearted smile as she listened to Toshiro's complimenting of her choice of skill. He eventually seemed to notice that she was cautiously watching him, but he said nothing of it. When his eyes were no longer met with hers, she turned her head to the side, pursing her lips, and tilted her head down a little bit. I'm treating you just like people treat me in the real world. I'm sorry, Toshiro. I'll try to ignore it. If she was going to speak aloud, that's what Mitsuki would probably say, but she wouldn't speak up; she didn't need to.

Prompted by Toshiro for her opinion on his choice of profession, Mitsuki nodded. "I'm actually becoming an artisan myself." She replied. "I've got the quest, but I haven't really worked on it as of yet."