[PP-F9] Battling Drakes [Angel]

Angel followed his map to the location Ethereal had picked for their hunt. It had been a while since the two had met and Angel was eager to see his friend. This was the first time he had visited the 9th floor but he wasn't worried; both of the players were pretty strong so they could handle themselves if something happened. Angel was wearing his black Fallen Angel armor, with his shield strapped to his arm and his sword sheathed at his side.

After walking for a few minutes, he finally came across the crater. There stood Ethereal, starring down at the center of the massive dent in the land. Angel smiled and closed his menu as he approached his friend. "All this time, and you finally call me to kill some random monsters. I like it." He said as he reached his hand out to his friend. "It's good to see you man."

Ethereal turned at the sound and took the offered hand, pulling Angel into a bro-hug. "Same to you. Last time I saw you was too long ago, man." he greeted his friend. "I fancied hunting some oversized reptiles and thought I'd make it more fun. So I invited you." he nodded. He sent a party invite to Angel and began strolling towards the dungeon they'd find the beasts.

Angel nodded and accepted the invite as he followed his friend. "Glad you did. I was starting to get a little bored." He said with a mocking yawn. I reality, he had found various ways to keep himself busy; slaying monsters, investigating crimes, even going so far as to train in secluded areas infested with monsters. But that was him, and everyone had their own ways to pass the time.

After walking for a bit, they entered the dungeon with Ethereal leading the way. Angel readied his shield and drew his sword, eager to kill whatever monsters would dare to face the dual.

[OOC sorry I've been really busy]

They eventually came to the jagged, gaping mouth of the dungeon. Stalactites and stalagmites rose and sprouted to form teeth-like edges to the maw, like that of a beast. Stepping into the darkness within, Ether's foot ground on the loose stones inside. Activating he turned, "There's lava further inside where we can find high level drakes, but we might be ambushed by something else on our way." Ethereal informs him.

Angel smiled, "I wouldn't have it any other way." He said as they went deeper underground. Angel was eager for a fight, especially on the newest floor. He followed Ethereal closely, sticking close to the only person with <>. He looked along the walls for anything distinguishing; markings, ore lines, rock type, anything to give him an advantage in the upcoming fight. While his mind wandered around this subject, a different thought popped up. This was the first time he had gone drake hunting as he usually hunted different game, like golems. His smile slowly grew with anticipation for the new experience.

Ether spotted his friend's smile and replied "Yeah. I feel the rush every time I engage a dragon-type enemy. I find them more challenging than other monsters.". Turning a corner, he holds out an arm to stop Angel walking any further. In the center of the cavern they just entered from the tunnel, there was a Lv.20 Rock Drake. Grinning a huge grin, he glanced over at Angel. "Ready?" he asked, excitement in his voice.

Rock Drake:

Lv.20, 43/43 HP, 3 HP/hit.

The moment Angel saw the Drake, his eyes went wide and he started to smile as well. "This is gonna be fun." He said as he readied his shield and sword. Carefully, he entered the cavern. He circled the drake as it remained in the center, somehow unaware of his presence. Then, as Angel made his way behind the monster, he goes into action. Using his training as a Tank, he activates his <> Skill. Taking a deep breath, he lets out an unearthly howl from his mouth. As the noise echoed in the cave, the Drake instantly turned to face Angel, its teeth bared. Angel smiled and spun his blade in his hand. "Bring it on scaly." He said to the dragon, even though it couldn't hear him.

As Ethereal took his turn, Angel sprung into action. He charged forward, sword held high and shield held close. As the Drake returned it's attention to him, Angel managed to get close enough to bring his weapon down onto the dragon's back.

Damage: 1 + 1(critical) +1 (weapon) +1 (Sword Rank) = 4 Total

Angel managed a smile as his weapon made contact with the dragon's hide. It cut clean through, leaving a large red gash in the dragon's back. But when he saw the dragon's HP go down only slightly, he realized just how ineffective his arsenal was for the higher floors. "Damn," He thought to himself. "I need to get a better sword." He jumped back and raised his shield, ready to block whatever the enemy had in store for him.

Rock Drake:

Lv.20, 28/43 HP (2 turn bleed)