[OP-F1] Brave New World

Alkor heard the clang of the shield more than saw it, and when the gasp of pain came from Angel, he pivoted to see what had happened. One of the wolves who hadn't taken any damage yet had latched itself on to the armored male, and he was flailing in an attempt to dislodge it.

Alkor hurried forward without a second thought, bringing the sword in a quick thrust toward the creature hanging off of Angel. "Waaaah...!" He gave a cry of surprise as he slipped up, unable to recover, and fell face first toward his fearless leader. Alkor's face contorted in horror at his misstep, but the wolf let go in spite of his failure to make contact.

Angel and Alkor weren't so lucky, of course. The mob evaded the impact, but Alkor felt the shake, rattle, and roll of the accidental tackle rip through him. "Erm... my bad..." he muttered the words, eyes fleeting in every direction except Angel. It wasn't damaging in the least to either player, but it was certainly more than a little humiliating. "Wolf's off, though," he offered as a form of consolation.

He doubted that would help. Alkor turned to ensure none of the remaining enemies would capitalize on his blunder. Unfortunately, they already had. The beast he had successfully dislodged had already begun to circle, interest in Angel seemingly lost. Unless the higher level player made some attempt to regain Hate, the mobs would start attacking at random, now.

Alkor (7/9)

Angel (23/25)

<> (25/27)

Wolf Leader (Dead)

Wolf 1 (3/4)

Wolf 2 (4/4)

Wolf 3 (2/4)

Wolf 4 (4/4)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rue was walking floor one when she seen three players fighting wolves. She shouldn't but she needed to make new friends. She equipped her cloak that covered her face and she ran and stabbed at wolf three. She hit it bringing down its life to half.

Unknown player ??/??

Unknown player ??/??

Unknown player ??/??

Rue 11/11

Wolf 3/4

Wolf 2 4/4

Wolf 3 2/4

Wolf 4 4/4

The events seemed to unfold too quickly for me to react to them; the wolf that clamped onto the player was released by the other player that was with him. He didn't do it as he planned obviously, falling on his face looked pretty stupid to me but right now wasn't the time to laugh. I gripped the metal handle of my heavy sword and narrowed my eyes and the wolf I was eager to attack, the one that kept draining the other boy's health.

From the right side of me I could sense movement, it wasn't a monster though. My body turned to watch the hooded player manuever through us and land a clean hit on the wolf without a scratch. The curiosity in me boiled as I yearned to know who the player was under the hood. That would have to wait until this was over unfortunately. I regained my focus back to the mob of wolves that threatened us in this death game. I sprinted forward with great speed and flew past the first wolf, no scratches yet. I found myself into position then killed the wolf with one might blow. A smirk appeared on my face as I tossed my sword onto my shoulder.

25/27

BD 9+2=11 {-4 Damage}

Unknown Players

Angel 25/25

Alkor 9/9

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 3/4

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 2/4

Wolf 4 4/4

Angel growled at the wolf pack. Now he was angry. As he heard Alkor's apology, he shook his head. "Forget about it. Just focus on the fight." He said as he drew his sword again, this time a fire burned in his eyes. He raised his shield a little but kept his sword pointed at one of the remaining wolves. Then he realized what was happening. The wolves were losing their attention on him and were now looking at the other players. Thinking quickly, Angel regained a foothold in the situation. He started banging his sword against his shield, causing the wolves to look at him in interest. "I'm over here you mangy beasts!" He said, glaring at the wolves. They glared right back and one of them rushed him. He readied his sword and when the wolf was close enough, he stabbed forward.

His blade ripped through the virtual beast, causing it to fizzle before exploding into pixels. Angel smiled, glad to be down another monster. He spun the blade in his hands as the other wolves took notice and started to get closer. While they were distracted, Angel looked back at the other players. "I'll distract them, you all can take care of the wolves." He said as he returned his attention to the remaining two wolves.

Rue 11/11

Mayonaka 25/27

Angel 23/25

Alkor 7/9

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 3/4

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 DEAD

Wolf 4 4/4

"Got it," Alkor stated firmly, too engrossed in the fight to realize how in synch they suddenly were. It was as though Angel had a knack for leadership; though it was just as likely that Alkor had an affinity for the battlefield. Some of his martial training just seemed to take over when the adrenaline started to flow- maybe it wasn't really flowing, maybe it was a stimulated response prompted by the game, but he didn't care about that minute detail- and the mind behind the character just found himself in his element.

He threw himself forward, away from the "Tank"- that's what they called players who intentionally attracted the focus of enemies and soaked damage- and toward the wolf who had yet to take any damage. His blade streaked like a stain of steel through the air, sinking deep into the furry flesh of the creature who staggered back, agape at being struck.

Though he felt a rush of excitement at his successful strike, he tempered it with the humility of his previous failure, and Alkor wore only a confident smirk. The creature gleamed from a thin line across its underbelly, signifying the damage that the brash young swordsman had dealt.

-Alkor deals 2 Damage 1 +1 (Skill: One Handed Straight Swords)

Alkor 7/9

Angel 23/25

<> 25/27

<> 11/11

Wolf Leader (Dead)

Wolf 1 (3/4)

Wolf 2 (Dead)

Wolf 3 (Dead)

Wolf 4 (2/4)

"Hey," he called abruptly to the new player, "be careful, don't just run in like that. There's a lot of confusion, and you could have gotten caught in the line of fire." He looked at her for a moment, though he couldn't discern any of her features, then realized he'd spoken authoritatively, and without being prompted. Clearly outside his comfort zone, Alkor blushed and turned his gaze back to the wolves.

Better keep focused, he told himself, trying in vain to abolish the discomfort.

While the player took on the last of the two wolves, the other consulted the player that abruptly ran into the battle. The wolf, that wasn't being attacked, ran from behind him and leaped into the air. It's claws came out as it's raged eyes trained onto the distracted player I didn't know. The player, he was the one I talked to, was about to take more damage; that wouldn't be good because he didn't look like someone who took a lot of harm all the time. Look out! I shrieked and used myself to shield the boy from being hit. The body of the wolf came down onto my frail body as it chewed into my armor. I tried to push it off but it didn't work, it was so heavy.

Mayonaka 23/27

BD 3+2=5 {-0 Damage}

Unknown Players

Rue 11/11

Angel 23/25

Alkor 5/9

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 3/4

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 2/4

Wolf 4 4/4

Angel looked between the wolf in front of him and the one that attacked Mayonaka. His mind was starting to get torn, not being able to decide what to do. Should he help the girl or deal with the threat in front of him. But after a second or two to think, his chivalrous nature took over and he ran to Mayonaka's aid. He charged at the wolf in front of him and when it snapped it's jaws at him, he rolled over it, using his shield as a sort of springboard to bounce off of. When he landed on his feet, he bolted over to Mayonaka and planted his foot into the ground. Then he stabbed forward at the wolf chewing on her armor.

Damage = 1 + 1(weapon)+ 1(Sword Rank) = 3 Total

Angel grinned slightly as the blade pierced clean through the wolf's virtual abdomen. Angel continued to charge forward, shoving the wolf off of the downed player and driving it backwards. When he was far enough away, he stabbed his sword into the ground, pinning the wolf between the hilt and the virtual floor. When Angel turned back around, his eyes had a small, almost visible flame to them. Then he ran over to Mayonaka and reached his hand down to her. "Come on soldier. We still need your help." He said, his eyes focused on hers.

Mayonaka 23/27

Rue 11/11

Angel 25/25

Alkor 9/9

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 3/4

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 DEAD

Wolf 4 1/4

It seemed as though Angel had the situation under control with the woman who'd been mauled jumping between Alkor and the attacking wolf, but Alkor's gaze lingered there for several moments. He'd never truly met either of these people, but they were working together with him, trying to save him.

No sooner did Angel ward away the wolf, however, did the other race forward in a futile attempt to save it's pack mate. All pretense of scolding forgotten, Alkor hopped forward to reinforce the two recovering players with a swift slash. His failure, however, was quickly denoted by how short he came of striking the beast.

It rounded on him with a snarl, raking claws across his leg, and Alkor let out an exasperated growl. "This is getting ridiculous," he murmured, though he drew his weapon back toward himself to defend from further attacks. "Gotta keep fighting," he grated, more to himself than any of the others. "No one gets stronger if they don't fight..."

Alkor (5/9)

Angel (23/25)

<> (23/27)

<> (11/11)

Wolf Leader (Dead)

Wolf 1 (3/4)

Wolf 2 (Dead)

Wolf 3 (Dead)

Wolf 4 (1/4)

The player that was distracting the wolves came to my aid after about a minute of the wolf chowing into me. He successfully shove the wolf off and held his hand to me. Thanks. I said with a slightly nervous smile. Almost never did I get hurt in battler because of a monster so this wasn't familiar. The wolf behind me, with the others, was killed off by the other unknown player in the hood. I pulled forward, getting up with the help of the player that defended me. I bolted away from him and cleaved my sword into the last wolf. If we all strike then it'll be overwhelmed and die!

Mayonaka 23/27

BD 5+2=7 {-1 Damage}

Unknown Players

Rue 11/11

Angel 23/25

Alkor 5/9

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 2/4

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 2/4

Wolf 4 4/4

The player that was distracting the wolves came to my aid after about a minute of the wolf chowing into me. He successfully shove the wolf off and held his hand to me. Thanks. I said with a slightly nervous smile. Almost never did I get hurt in battler because of a monster so this wasn't familiar. The wolf behind me, with the others, was killed off by the other unknown player in the hood. I pulled forward, getting up with the help of the player that defended me. I bolted away from him and cleaved my sword into the last wolf. If we all strike then it'll be overwhelmed and die!

Mayonaka 23/27

BD 5+2=7 {-1 Damage}

Unknown Players

Rue 11/11

Angel 23/25

Alkor 5/9

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 2/4

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 2/4

Wolf 4 4/4

Angel pulled Mayonaka up and looked back at her as she sprung at the wolf. He cocked his head to the side and watched the monster. It starred at him and for a brief moment, he could almost see the coding that made the wolf what it was. He frowned. He began to think about all the players who died against that same coding. Sure it may not have been in the same shape, but the coding was all there. He growled, raising his sword to finally end this little duel. He braced his foot against the hard ground and after folding his arms a little, he pushed his foot against the ground and propelled himself forward.....

..... It all happened so fast. One second the blade was it's usual weight, the next he felt the extra baggage of the wolf, and then the normal weight. He heard the sound of the wolf exploding into pixels, back into coding to be turned into some other monster. When he turned back around, he sheathed his sword and suddenly smiled a big smile. "Now wasn't that fun?" He said, looking at the three players in front of him. He strapped his shield to his back and sat down on the grass. He kept smiling as he starred at the ground. Then he looked up at the other players. "Let's kill something else."

Alkor (5/9)

Angel (23/25)

Mayonaka (23/27)

Rue (11/11)

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 DEAD

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 DEAD

Wolf 4 DEAD

Angel pulled Mayonaka up and looked back at her as she sprung at the wolf. He cocked his head to the side and watched the monster. It starred at him and for a brief moment, he could almost see the coding that made the wolf what it was. He frowned. He began to think about all the players who died against that same coding. Sure it may not have been in the same shape, but the coding was all there. He growled, raising his sword to finally end this little duel. He braced his foot against the hard ground and after folding his arms a little, he pushed his foot against the ground and propelled himself forward.....

..... It all happened so fast. One second the blade was it's usual weight, the next he felt the extra baggage of the wolf, and then the normal weight. He heard the sound of the wolf exploding into pixels, back into coding to be turned into some other monster. When he turned back around, he sheathed his sword and suddenly smiled a big smile. "Now wasn't that fun?" He said, looking at the three players in front of him. He strapped his shield to his back and sat down on the grass. He kept smiling as he starred at the ground. Then he looked up at the other players. "Let's kill something else."

Alkor (5/9)

Angel (23/25)

Mayonaka (23/27)

Rue (11/11)

Wolf Leader DEAD

Wolf 1 DEAD

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 DEAD

Wolf 4 DEAD

Alkor stared blankly when Angel finished the last of the wolves off, face frozen in a facade of skepticism. "Riiiiiiiiiiight," he drawled, "because that was so easy." He sheathed his sword slowly and shook his head. "Look, I know this whole thing is about improving, getting stronger, and surviving, but..."

The reality was, Alkor was absolutely uncertain how he felt about any of it. The thrill of their victory was a bittersweet thing. In the process, he had found great difficulty in striking anything at all. That was the quickest way to end up dead. "...I guess what I'm saying is, let's rest for a moment."

It was a strange sensation, talking to all these people he didn't know. Making suggestions was outside his comfort paradigm. One of his hands deftly lifted to scratch his head, and he scrunched his face up to display his discontent. He made no move to introduce himself to anyone, instead leaving the formalities to the extroverts.

He took a few breaths, though they offered his body no tangible sustenance. His eyes blinked involuntarily in quick succession. "Rest, and figure out where we'll go next. We have a bigger group, we can plan around that."

Rue sheathed her blade and unequipped her cloak. Her blue hair fell down to her upper back. She looked at the others and managed to say Hello... My name is Rue. I'm sorry for running in your killing. She sat on the ground and let the wind blow her hair. She even thought one of them was a girl. She never seen another girl in this game. Mostly everyone was a boy. Girls kept to phones mostly and the boy played all of the adventure games.

[Due to Mayonaka's lack of posting, I'll take my turn]

Angel looked up at Alkor, his mind now thinking about bigger prey. "You know what, you're absolutely right. We can take down larger monsters now." Then he stood up and looked behind him. "Who wants to go after a field boss? I heard theres one on the other side of the floor; a massive Frenzy Boar by the name of Wilbur. Shouldn't be too difficult for us huh?" He said with the same crazy grin.

"Err... are you sure we can take a field boss?" Alkor blinked incredulously. Two of them might be strong enough to deal with most of the heavy work, but Alkor wasn't really sure about how much help he'd be, if any. He wasn't exactly sure about the other girl, either, but she'd only done a little bit of fighting he'd seen at all.

"I mean... I guess, it's whatever you want to do, really. I'm just tagging along, right?" Alkor stared at his feet awkwardly, unsure where he stood in all this. He was a beginner, for all intents and purposes, and subject to whatever fate befell him. Running headlong into a field boss? Maybe not the greatest of plans, but it was better than just waiting around for however long it took someone to clear the game... if that was ever going to happen.

Thumbing thoughtlessly at the hilt of his blade, Alkor paused to stare at the vivid, virtual sky. It was a thing of beauty.

A twinkle formed in my eye when the player revealed themselves, it was another girl. Hello Rue, I'm Mayonaka. You can call me whatever you want, I don't really mind. I said, extending me hand to her with a polite smile. Another reason I told my name was because I didn't have time during the fight to introduce myself. You didn't ruin it for us, you made it interesting! I exclaimed, trying to make sure she knew that she was welcome in our little "group."

I stood up abruptly before she could even shake my hand. Diverting my attention back to the other players, I locked my eyes with the boy I was speaking to before. I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce myself earlier...that wolf must have thought I was it's personal chew toy! Anyways, I'm Mayonaka. I stated without giving my hand to them. And no one here is just tagging along, your part of...our team? I said, not really sure if anyone actually wanted to stay together.

That was fun indeed! I'm really excited that we went through them, I would love to go with you guys to kill a field boss. I have fought three maybe so I'm no expert but from what I fought they usually are big in size. I spoke to the player next to the one I just spoke to. (Michad)

Astra encountered a group of players discussing a matter of fighting a mini-boss. She had no particular interest in it as she only wanted to make a living with her merchant profession. As she approached the player's with her Robe of Mystics equipped, she stretched out her hand towards the players, not to shake their hand, but for any amount of Col that they were offering for gear from her.

"Greetings fellow strangers. I have noticed from the previous fight you were in that your gear seems to be... lacking. I am willing to sell you gear for a cheap price. Uncommon items cost 100 col, rare cost 200, perfect cost 300. I promise that you won't regret making a purchase with me. I'm the #1 Merchant in Aincrad, it's a shame you haven't heard of me yet." she said to the players without mentioning her name.

Event!

This is your chance for a purchase!

Uncommon - 100 Col

Rare - 200 Col

Perfect - 300 Col