[OP-F1] Brave New World

I'm fine! I yelled back at Angel and shoved the boar out of my side to reveal two red punctures in me. With a disgusted look of rage I glared again at the boar but didn't attack yet. I touched a hand to my leg and grunted, pushing back the small shot of pain; I looked up to see another Angel fighting a boar. In mid swing, Angel switched swords and made an attempt to hit the boar. Instead, the boar that challenged Angel smashed head on into his shield and forced him back a little.

On the other side of him I heard the other player call a switch. Of course I'm okay! I lied, the wound hurt so much but I couldn't let that stop me. The player bravely held his sword in front of him but didn't react in time. I winced when he got attacked by the boar; but right after that an anger sprouted within. With my blazing golden eyes I ran over to the player and jumped over him, aiming for the boar. I felt the blade of my sword come in contact with the boar as a grin spread across my face. I dug it in farther and watched it's health drop.

Mayonaka 29/31

Angel - 26/27

Alkor - 15/15

Ryuu - 9/9

Boar - 10/10

Boar - 2/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10

BD 8= 1 damage + 2 = 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryuu knew that it was his time to strike. He stepped back and spun around the player helping him, raising his sword high half way through as to not hit his ally, and feinted. He then purposefully missed and slammed his fist into the boar's side, throwing it on the ground, but not doing any damage. "Now! Together!" He raised his sword up and flipped it in his hand so that it was pointing down. "Your pathetic squeals annoy me. Now die!" He brought it down. With the boar's defense completely obliterated due to his little trick, he had an open shot for the boar's heart. His sword sank deep into the boar and into the ground. The boar exploded in blue polygons. His attack most definitely made its mark.

Ryuu - 9/9

Mayonaka - 29/31

Angel - 26/27

Alkor - 15/15

Boar - 10/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10

BD= 10 Damage 1, H-Critical +2, Skill +1 (OOC: A bit of an overkill if you ask me!)

Angel watched as another of the Adds were defeated. But in the back of his mind, he was aware that they still had a mini-boss fight ahead of them. If they were having trouble with the minions, then the Master was going to be a problem. But he quickly shook the thought away and focused on the here and now.

Taking his shield and holding it close to his chest, he charged forward at one of the remaining boars. His blade was primed for an attack, and he was getting angry. After missing his attack and watching someone else get hit, he was starting to lose his calm mind set. Every now and then he'd catch himself trying to ignore the others and focus on dealing damage as opposed to defending everyone. But he'd correct himself and get back into the fight. "Everyone regroup!" He shouted, swinging his sword around his position to alert everyone. Then he returned his focus on the boar.

He planted his foot and launched himself at the monster, eager for a hit.....

[Dice] Damage: 1 + 2(Rank) + 2(Weapon) = 5 Total

.... His blade plunged into the monster's side, causing it to squeal in pain. After a few seconds, he used his shield to shove the monster off his weapon. By that point, the rest of the party had gathered around his position. "If we keep close then we should be able to help each other more easily. We're almost there people." He said, trying to form some kind of game plan.

Ryuu - 9/9

Mayonaka - 29/31

Angel - 26/27

Alkor - 15/15

Boar - 5/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10

"If you'd all just followed through with the plan to begin with..." Alkor grumbled his discontent as Angel hurriedly attempted to rally them back together, and he ran a hand through his hair. Times like this, so rife with danger, it was easy to get irritated with people who just didn't seem to get it.

Alkor appreciated the sentiment to a degree, of course. They meant to keep each other alive. It just seemed like they kept blurring that line between game and reality. He admitted, it was easy to do in a world like this, where if you died, you really were dead. Still, in a situation like this, one had to remember that they were in a game.

There were more ways to survive, since a game was bound by its rules. "Stay together," he grated, "and behind Angel."

That had been their plan. People got excited or frightened and deviated from it, and that made sense. Sometimes people made poor decisions when acted upon by emotion. But it was time for them to start reigning themselves in.

Alkor turned his attention to one of the boar next to Angel, and he stabbed at it from behind the other man's shield. He could pass aggression off quickly from that position. When he failed to strike, he fell back behind the tank and his lips turned into a thin frown.

Ryuu - 9/9

Mayonaka - 29/31

Angel - 26/27

Alkor - 11/15

Boar - 5/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10

As the beater ended the life of one of the boars, Angel attacked another. So far we were doing well with dealing damage but still lacked the planned part of this battle. Our plan of attack didn't ensure itself a win, it could go either way from now on considering we were having trouble with the boars. If we were going to successfully kill the boss we needed to step up our game and work together. This wasn't something I would admit though so instead I told everyone to focus on our original plan. Stay behind Angel..like we planned! I yelled and looked back to the other boars with their beady red eyes staring us down.

I quickly moved into my position behind Angel and half whispered to him. Do I attack by myself now or save it for later? I still have enough energy for it... I said, eyeing the mob.

Mayonaka 29/31

Angel - 26/27

Alkor - 11/15

Ryuu - 9/9

Boar - 5/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10

Angel didn't look back at Mayonaka as he kept his eyes on the Boars that had placed themselves in front of the shield-man. "Save your strength. We've still got the boss fight." He whispered back to Mayonaka. Then he primed his sword and waited for a boar to attack. Then one of the monsters attacked, slamming their head into Angel's shield.....

[Dice]

..... The Boar aimed low, causing one of it's tusks to dig into Angel's leg. "ARGH!" He coughed out as he was forced to a kneeling position. For the sake of the group he kept his shield up to block any more incoming attacks. Using is sword hand he shoved the monster backwards and out of the circle, giving the other players room to attack.

Mayonaka 29/31

Angel - 25/27 (-1 Damage (Rank)

Alkor - 11/15

Ryuu - 9/9

Boar - 5/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10

Ryuu didn't get why they would put such a task on one person's shoulders, but he listened. Let it not be said that he did not listen to orders. He quickly fell in line behind Angel. "Hang in there. There are only two boars left. You should easily be able to eradicate them, so we can advance." Ryuu watched Angel take damage directly after he told him to hang in there. He winced as his ally had his legs gouged.

Alkor sliced his blade cleanly toward the next boar, glancing sidelong at Ryuu as he barked out commands. "Are you gonna talk or fight," he asked, "because words aren't gonna kill these mobs."

He took a quick step from behind Angel and into the path of attack, hoping to open the boar up to a better attack. If he failed, it wouldn't be too hard to fall back behind the tank; for now, he did a deadly dance with the pig. It fell away from Angel with a hoarse cry, and Alkor slid himself backward so as not to detract attention from the shielded man.

"Stand firm, Tank," he offered the stoic man with a wry smirk. It wasn't much, but Alkor had managed to buy Angel some time to recover.

Alkor deals 4 damage.

Mayonaka 29/31

Angel - 25/27

Alkor - 11/15

Ryuu - 9/9

Boar - 1/10

Boar - DEAD

Boar - DEAD

Boar - 10/10