[PP-F3] A Recruit's Resolve [Mitoko]

The message had been brief; "I have a new recruit for you. Meet Mitoko. Let me know what you think ~Klein"

His first recruit. Since the formation of FÅ«rinkazan, he had waited patiently for someone with the qualities he was looking for to arrive. He had given a great deal of thought to the sort of person he was looking for as well, and thought long and hard about the sort of test that he would prepare in order to assess the qualities that he believed were key to being a member of The Unyielding. Strength and endurance could be taught through practice; things like courage, patience, willpower, and kindness had to come from within.

With that in mind, rumors of a creature that haunted the third floor brought him to Delilah Village. The rumored qualities of the monsters they would hunt in the night were perfect for testing the mettle of his potential recruit. He sent a message to Mitoko requesting to meet at the main gate of the third floor hub at sundown, and spent the afternoon giddy with anticipation as he made his way to the third floor.

He arrived early, of course. The breeze that flowed through the evening air carried the crisp scent of the forest with it, and Gestein savored each breath of fresh air as he watched the sun creep closer to the edge of the horizon. Elves hustled and bustled within the town as he scanned the crowd in anticipation of his new recruit's arrival. A few players approached the gate, but so far, each time they passed him by with nothing more than a nod of acknowledgement or a polite wave. He returned in kind, of course, and continued to watch the crowd with contented contemplation of what was yet to come.

"I'm nervous... am I worthy enough to join a guild like this? Would I really be of use? I'm trying my best to get up there, so I shouldn't fret! Negativity is not allowed Mitoko pull it all together! One thing you shouldn't do in a situation like this is be an old negative thing! So now... I need to find lieutenant Gestein." Mitoko thought in a flurry while trying to take it easy and such. The pinkette slowly pushed herself off the icy ground, taking in the atmosphere of the "Winter Wonderland" with a happy smile. "I'm giving it my best!" she chirped, Roro resting on her shoulder and nudging against her neck.

She began to walk patiently, slowly singing the words to her favorite traditional Japanese song: "Haru Koi Uta". She had high hopes on becoming a performer in Aincrad, but there weren't many due to the lack of worth in that professions field. Nowadays it was all mainstream, and the original things left far behind... She'd look around and see if nobody was around. And then she paused for a brief moment and sang at a comfortable tone where it was easier to hit notes.

âSakura sakura maiagaru

Kimi wa doko de dare to miteiru no

Fuwari fuwari kaze no naka

Haru ga kokoro yurasuâž

She sang the first verse of the song and stopped as a smile graced her face. And there she was... she stood in front of the teleport gate to floor three, the floor below her. "Oh, oh, the places you'll go!" she quickly quoted with a light giggle before stepping into the teleport gate eagerly and closing her eyes as she had prepared for a warp to the location of Delilah village.

Her eyes opened to see herself on a forest themed floor... assuming it was the floor she would be evaluate on. "I-I've never been here before, but it looks pretty! It just might beat floor four possibly. Oh! But the air sure feels nice and fresh~ a little easier than inhaling below zero degree weather I suppose." She giggled and looked at Roro, stroking her lightly as she looked up at her. "Today is going to be a long day I have a feeling. Now I need you to help me find lieutenant Gestein!" the pinkette commanded her familiar.

They both searched the town and found him waiting somewhere by the gate. "Holy macaroni I suddenly feel so nervous what do I say?" the teenager would gulp before clearing her throat and approaching him, trying to seem "cool" and calm. "H-Hello sir! I have arrived. Hope I wasn't too late," she smiled cheerfully.

"I'm nervous... am I worthy enough to join a guild like this? Would I really be of use? I'm trying my best to get up there, so I shouldn't fret! Negativity is not allowed Mitoko pull it all together! One thing you shouldn't do in a situation like this is be an old negative thing! So now... I need to find lieutenant Gestein." Mitoko thought in a flurry while trying to take it easy and such. The pinkette slowly pushed herself off the icy ground, taking in the atmosphere of the "Winter Wonderland" with a happy smile. "I'm giving it my best!" she chirped, Roro resting on her shoulder and nudging against her neck.

She began to walk patiently, slowly singing the words to her favorite traditional Japanese song: "Haru Koi Uta". She had high hopes on becoming a performer in Aincrad, but there weren't many due to the lack of worth in that professions field. Nowadays it was all mainstream, and the original things left far behind... She'd look around and see if nobody was around. And then she paused for a brief moment and sang at a comfortable tone where it was easier to hit notes.

âSakura sakura maiagaru

Kimi wa doko de dare to miteiru no

Fuwari fuwari kaze no naka

Haru ga kokoro yurasuâž

She sang the first verse of the song and stopped as a smile graced her face. And there she was... she stood in front of the teleport gate to floor three, the floor below her. "Oh, oh, the places you'll go!" she quickly quoted with a light giggle before stepping into the teleport gate eagerly and closing her eyes as she had prepared for a warp to the location of Delilah village.

Her eyes opened to see herself on a forest themed floor... assuming it was the floor she would be evaluate on. "I-I've never been here before, but it looks pretty! It just might beat floor four possibly. Oh! But the air sure feels nice and fresh~ a little easier than inhaling below zero degree weather I suppose." She giggled and looked at Roro, stroking her lightly as she looked up at her. "Today is going to be a long day I have a feeling. Now I need you to help me find lieutenant Gestein!" the pinkette commanded her familiar.

They both searched the town and found him waiting somewhere by the gate. "Holy macaroni I suddenly feel so nervous what do I say?" the teenager would gulp before clearing her throat and approaching him, trying to seem "cool" and calm. "H-Hello sir! I have arrived. Hope I wasn't too late," she smiled cheerfully.

A lithe, pink haired girl popped into view, having come from the general direction of the town square. On her shoulders sat an elegant looking bird-like creature with plumage that reminded him of the hot embers of a campfire. She appeared to be looking for someone. Intrigued, the boulder of a man watched the girl search for a moment, though it wasn’t long before she focused her attention on him and began to approach the gate with determination in her steps.

Initially, her appearance caught Gestein off guard. She didn’t look like you would expect a traditional tank to look; Her long luxurious hair was tied into twin ponytails, and her outfit was striking. He almost felt underdressed in his simple forest-green tunic and starter gear. He scratched his beard quizzically as he pondered if she would have what it took to endure the hardships that came with shielding others from danger.

"H-Hello sir! I have arrived. Hope I wasn't too late.â€

Though the pink haired young lady smiled warmly, her body language told a different story - tension masquerading as calmness. His eyes shined as he smiled in return, and he extended his hand to shake.

“Mitoko, was it? Nice to meet you. I’m Gestein.†He said, curbing his usual booming voice for a softer tone that seemed better suited to the peacefulness of their current surroundings. “And no worries, you’re right on time.â€

With their greetings exchanged, Gestein turned to face the trail that lay ahead of the pair and beckoned for her to follow with a gesture of his hand. He opened his HUD to invite Mitoko into his party as he walked forward towards the setting sun, but kept a pace that seemed more like a stroll than a march.

“I’m glad you could make it.†The area they were heading was a reasonable distance from town. The Lieutenant had planned it that way - though the creature that he had in mind for the physical portion of the test was important, it was more important in his mind to get to know the person who very well one day could hold his, and others in the guild’s, lives in their hands.

“I’m not really one for formalities, so feel free to relax. We have a little bit of a journey ahead of us.†He said with his gaze fixated on a distant muddled shape on the prairie, just on the edge of the forest beyond, though he soon turned to look at the vibrant plumed creature and its master. “What’s the little guy’s name?†He asked with a small grin. A long walk as the sun set beyond the hills was perfect for the examination he had in mind.