[SP-F1] Material gathering (Complete)

As Akihiko Kayaba vanished after announcing that SAO has become a death game everyone started freaking out and screaming but all I could do was stand there. after a several minutes I was able to compose myself and I headed for the highest spot I could get to. I spent the first day in the town of beginnings just sitting on the wall feeling sorry for myself and wondering how I was going to survive. I knew that I had to earn Col so that I could buy healing crystals so I decided to search the shopping district of the town of beginnings.

as I searched the town of beginnings I saw a pickaxe lying on the ground. I asked everyone who was nearby if thy owned it but no one did so I decided to keep it as it would be useful for mining materials.

loot dice: 17 found a pickaxe

As I walked around the shopping district I saw many NPC shops, one that I took note of was a shop called Ebrithil forge but I wasn't looking for a weapon yet so I continued to look at the other shops. as I searched the District I heard people talking about a shop called the black odyssey I also heard of a potion shop on the fourth floor. after much searching I found the black odyssey but it was closed. there was a sign on the door that said Buy materials for 150 Col and sell materials for 75 Col. after reading the sign and noting the prices I headed to the fourth floor to look for the potion shop.

as I searched the fourth floor I couldn't believe how real everything felt. the snow on my face felt exactly the way I remembered it from when I was a kid. as I walked to the entrance of the potion shop I could hear noises from inside. it sounded like the owner was brewing some sort of potion so I decided it was best to leave him or her alone. as with the last shop there was a sign that listed the items and prices. I searched the list for healing crystals as that was the item that I was looking for, it cost 300 Col so I would need to gather four materials to be able to afford one healing crystal.

as I walked back to the teleportation plaza I stopped to take in the scenery for a moment. when I arrived back at the town of beginnings I realised that I hadn't chosen a skill yet. I decided that because I got a battle axe with my starting equipment that I should get the Two-Handed Battle Axe skill. now that I had invested my skill points it was time to gather some materials.

I decided to take the safest approach and gather a few ores and if I was feeling lucky I would take on a frenzy boar or two. after deciding how I would get the items I required I headed for the gates leading to the fields around the town of beginnings. I knew that to get ores I was going to need to head towards the mountains. As I walked through the forest I was always watching my back to make sure that there were no monsters or players tracking me.

as I was walking through the forest I spotted a plant that looked very familiar. as I inspected it closer it turned out to be nothing more than a common weed and was of no use to me.

Loot dice: 6 nothing found.

I was nearing the mountains now I could see the peeks through the gaps in the trees. I knew that it might take me a while to gather the items that I needed. as I was walking through the forest I tripped on something and as I turned to see what it was I noticed a root sticking out of the ground.

When I inspected the root I noticed that it was actually a rare root used in making potions. as I pulled the root from the ground I was disappointed that I didn't find any other items of use.

loot dice: 18 found 1 material

now that I had finally reached the mountains I could start looking for ore veins. I decided that going too far into the mountains would be far to dangerous so I stayed close to the forest while I searched for some where I could mine. I jumped at every creak of the trees and every snap of a branch, I was on edge I knew that if I was attacked by a player killed I wouldn't stand a chance.

as I searched for somewhere to mine I saw a light blue glow from a small crack in the side of the mountain. on closer inspection I find that it is Mythril. I am excited that I found such a rare material so quickly.

loot dice: 20 found 1 material

as I searched the mountain fore more ores I could hear a wolf howling. after hearing the howl I was on edge even more. I had heard about players that had gotten ambushed by packs of wolves, I did not plan on being one of those players. as I searched I was constantly watching the forest to make sure I wasn't going to be attacked.

as I search I saw a copper/brown colour ore but upon closer inspection I saw that the ore was tainted and would have been of no use.

loot dice: 4 nothing found

as I searched the mountain fore more ores I could hear a wolf howling. after hearing the howl I was on edge even more. I had heard about players that had gotten ambushed by packs of wolves, I did not plan on being one of those players. as I searched I was constantly watching the forest to make sure I wasn't going to be attacked.

as I search I saw a copper/brown colour ore but upon closer inspection I saw that the ore was tainted and would have been of no use.

loot dice: 4 nothing found

as I continued to search the mountain I started to wonder if it would be best to head further in. I thought on this for a while and decided that I did not yet need to go further into the mountains. as I continued my search I spotted a gold/green looking vein of ore. as I got closer I could hear a creature nearby.

as I inspected the gold/green ore I discovered that it was actually malachite.

loot dice: 16 found 1 material

as I continued to search the mountain I started to wonder if it would be best to head further in. I thought on this for a while and decided that I did not yet need to go further into the mountains. as I continued my search I spotted a gold/green looking vein of ore. as I got closer I could hear a creature nearby.

as I inspected the gold/green ore I discovered that it was actually malachite.

I decided that it was taking too long and headed further into the mountains, as I walked could see many ores on the sides of the cliffs but I was unable to reach them. as I walked through the maze of solid rock I saw a brown coloured patch amongst the rock.

as I got closer I saw that it was iron ore. I wanted to gather a few extra materials so that when I got the skills to become a blacksmith I could start straight away.

loot dice: 17 found 1 material

I decided that it was taking too long and headed further into the mountains, as I walked could see many ores on the sides of the cliffs but I was unable to reach them. as I walked through the maze of solid rock I saw a brown coloured patch amongst the rock.

as I got closer I saw that it was iron ore. I wanted to gather a few extra materials so that when I got the skills to become a blacksmith I could start straight away.

loot dice: 17 found 1 material

now that I had gathered a few items that I could sell I decided to head back to the black odyssey and sell some of the items that I didn't need. while walking back to the black odyssey I spotted another patch of brown, in the hopes of getting more iron ore I rushed over and mined the iron.

as I finished mining I heard the howl of a wolf nearby. I got out of the mountains and headed back into the forest as quickly as I could.

now that I had gathered a few items that I could sell I decided to head back to the black odyssey and sell some of the items that I didn't need. while walking back to the black odyssey I spotted another patch of brown, in the hopes of getting more iron ore I rushed over and mined the iron.

as I finished mining I heard the howl of a wolf nearby. I got out of the mountains and headed back into the forest as quickly as I could.

while walking through the forest I could hear many creatures close to me, I was on edge an decided that it would be best to just get out of the forest and back to the town of beginnings.as I ran out of the forest I saw the fields around the town of beginnings and a frenzy boar directly in front of me.

as I pulled my battle-axe free I charged the skill and swung the axe down hard hitting the boar directly behind the head. the boar's HP bar dropped to zero and it shattered into hundred of tiny polygons.

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

2/2

Murtagh: battle dice:8 1DMG + 1DMG (THBA)

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

0/2

Found 1 boar hide

while walking through the forest I could hear many creatures close to me, I was on edge an decided that it would be best to just get out of the forest and back to the town of beginnings.as I ran out of the forest I saw the fields around the town of beginnings and a frenzy boar directly in front of me.

as I pulled my battle-axe free I charged the skill and swung the axe down hard hitting the boar directly behind the head. the boar's HP bar dropped to zero and it shattered into hundred of tiny polygons.

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

2/2

Murtagh: battle dice:8 1DMG + 1DMG (THBA)

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

0/2

Found 1 boar hide

as I explored the fields around the town of beginnings I came across a strange statue, as I inspected what the statue was I saw a plaque that simply said "Crim" as I tried to understand why this person was so important that he had a statue in SAO I heard a noise come from behind me. I swung around and saw a frenzy boar staring straight at me.

I unsheathe my battle-axe and charge full speed at the frenzy boar. as my weapon cuts into the boar it screaches one final time before it shatters into hundreds of tiny polygons.

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

2/2

Murtagh: battle dice: 6 1DMG + 1DMG (THBA)

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

0/2

Found 1 boar hide

as I explored the fields around the town of beginnings I came across a strange statue, as I inspected what the statue was I saw a plaque that simply said "Crim" as I tried to understand why this person was so important that he had a statue in SAO I heard a noise come from behind me. I swung around and saw a frenzy boar staring straight at me.

I unsheathe my battle-axe and charge full speed at the frenzy boar. as my weapon cuts into the boar it screaches one final time before it shatters into hundreds of tiny polygons.

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

2/2

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

0/2

Found 1 boar hide

I searched the fields for more frenzy boars of wolves. I was hoping to get either a boar eye or a wolf eye which I could sell for a nice amount. I spotted a lone boar and decided to sneak up behind it and try hitting just behind its head as I had heard that was the boars weak spot.

as my skill charged I stepped on a stick and the boar jumped. I managed to hit the boar but only just. the axe just hit the boar an as the boar died it shattered into hundreds of tiny polygons.

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

2/2

Murtagh

HP

5/5

Frenzy boar

HP

0/2

found 1 boar eye