[PP-F2] ◄EARNING A LIVING► ✦Kaito✧

Mitoko sighed as she had been standing in front of the busy crowd yet again, taking in all the noise and shouting of players, trying to maintain her ground before being knocked down by a passerby who simply laughed. She'd frown lightly while looking at the ground blankly for a few brief moments, and pushing herself off of it. "My, my! Y-You shouldn't b-be so reckless!" the pinkette scoffed while burning up with this ever so familiar feeling of being pricked by a million needles. "I-It's coming back again... E-Eh m-maybe I really shouldn't be in towns. I really h-hate them." The pinkette gulped while combing her fingers through her long silky pink hair and throwing her hood over her head once more.

Recently she had used up some starter money and blew it up on a new mysterious outfit. Mitoko really hadn't liked how much she had been exposing with the starter up selection, and she had regretted even making a "unique" choice. It made her fit out of the crowd... something she didn't want. But when she had visited a tailoring shop recently, her eyes had sparkled with ambition. All kinds of leather armor, fist wraps, and clothing. And from then on she had known that this would be her future profession. "I'll train to be a tailor! Maybe I can make enough money to get myself some gear as well," she'd think before smiling in excitement and looking up at the sky with a content and giddy expression. And her familiar Roro had been watching her with a usual clueless expression. "Wh-what did I do?" she stuttered with a light blush.

"N-Nevermind that! Hopefully we can find a kind NPC to help us out hm?" Mitoko giggled cheerfully while extending her hand out as the strange bird would land on her, crawling up her arm and making it's way up to her shoulder where it would lazily rest. "Good b- uwaa-" she laughed as the familiar had pecked at her gently. "Okay, l-let's go now before we end up wasting another day!" the teenager would nod while starting to walk once more, a positive smile albeit she couldn't take away the hindering awkwardness of being in a crowd. Her eyes scanned the area before widening as they had seen Kaito, and she remembered what he had done to get that cursor as she'd frown. "Idiot! Why would you k-kill someone it's no different than actual murder. Would you still do something like this if it was back home? You are reckless so there really is no telling." With a sigh, Mitoko swiftly flipped back her hood.

She'd calmly walk up to him and tap his shoulder while plastering a happy go lucky smile on her face. "Kaito! U-Um... long time no see I guess," she awkwardly said while trying not to drag him to a corner and make him repent and explain WHY he had that cursor. The player had to be green in the first place, that IS the only way to get such a cursor. But thinking about this had made her sad. Perhaps she'd make him do the explaining sometime else. "Wait what do I say?" Mitoko pondered for a moment, trying to think of something away from the topic of infractions of any kind. She'd only smile from being wordless, watching as Roro had circled him in an excited manner.

Kaito stood around the mountain areas to take in the view of Urbus, but still could hear the shout of players and NPCs in the village. He closed his eyes and sat on the rocky edge of the mountain and took in a deep breath, attempting to clear his head. â€What must I do to keep myself from going insane in this virtual world.†Kaito said, as he stood up and started to head back to the village. â€I shouldn’t be staying anywhere by myself right now.†he states. Kaito leaves the mountain and down towards the rocky path. The sun starts to glisten against his skin and the sound of birds were chirping as he walks down the path. Rustling from the bushes, and the birds flying across the skies. â€Tch.. It’s not even worth taking in.†Kaito said, as he continues his way back to town.

Time went by quick and it was already early in the afternoon, so Kaito took a bit of rest and laid down besides the grass. He places both of his hands behind his head and watches the Wind Wasps, Trembling Oxs, and Trembling Cows idling around the area. â€This place sucks and also does everyone else. Why can’t someone just finish this game already. I’m tired of this place. Then again, I had nothing to look forward back at home.†he’d think as he sat up, wiping the grass off his back. The Trembling Cow spots Kaito, but he was able to run out of the monster area before it could charge towards him. He made his way towards the entrance of Urbus. â€I’m back, Urbus.†Katio said, as he walks with his hood over his head. Everywhere he walks people would give him space, because of his orange cursor and he seemed to enjoy it.

A couple of players start to trash talk towards Kaito, but he ignored them and continued his way around the village. He walked towards the players and bumped into all of them, causing them to fall on the ground. â€All bark, no bite.†he’d think, as he found a bench by the fountain and sat there with his sandwich. Kaito removes his hood and takes a bite out of his sandwich and his eyes widen from the sudden taste of the sandwich. â€H--How’s this sandwich taste so amazing?†he’d think, as he continues to finish his sandwich. He proceeds to finish his sandwich and places his hood back on. After some time of resting, Kaito decided to find his way towards the central plaza of Urbus. There were many players who stay around that area, but he wanted to find some quiet place in the village. Kaito was able to find a quiet place by the fountain, but it was excluded from the village itself. â€I wonder what Mitoko has been up to. I should send her a mes-†he stopped, as he was about to slide down his menu to contact Mitoko.

He stood up immediately, as he felt someone tapping on his shoulder. Kaito quickly turned around to see that “happy go lucky smile†of Mitoko. He wanted to give her a hug, but having the orange cursor was like having some kind of disease. â€Mitoko.. It’s been a long time..†he said in an awkward way. There is no way he could talk to her anymore, because he’s basically murdered someone. Mitoko flashed a smile towards Kaito, but he knew that those smiles she showed towards him had no feelings to back up. He quickly turned around and stepped forward. â€What brings you to Urbus, Mitoko?†he asked, as he attempts to find a way to escape the village.

Mitoko frowned at his awkward way of moving and speaking as she sighed like an old grandmother. "I'm going to make you spill the beans eventually. That wasn't very humane of you," she muttered under her breath... practically scolding him in the process. "BUT- Nothing much! Just strolling after being defeated by the horrible Frenzy fake's. Probably at full health now," she calmly stated as her eye had twitched slightly at the memories of herself being bashed to pulp by those fat little nuisances which she harvested EXP from.

"I'm also working on getting a job as a tailor. I'm going to craft all kinds of things, and you can get free thingies whenever you want," she'd smile lightly. "But it's only going to be possible if you help me!" she chirped enthusiastically while waving her hand in front of his face and moving to stand in front of him. "Pssh I was so lame earlier. I was left in the red zone from simply taking on three boars. I-If you'd like to... could you help me with starting? I'd really appreciate it! I even promise to give you some col~!" Mitoko bribed with a grin as her mood lightened slightly. She had pushed aside her grudge and focused on getting that job. "W-WAIT. What if I could actually be the best tailor in Aincrad? No w-way?! I really want to find that weird quest NPC now. Or however else you accept the quest I don't know."

Kaito heard Mitoko sighing, but he couldn’t help but continue to look away. What was he suppose to do? Kaito did things wrong, but there was nothing he could do to change it. He’s a murderer in her eyes now and now he has to accept the fact that he is. â€... There isn’t much to say, Mitoko. I’m a murderer.†Kaito states, as he clenches his fists. Mitoko scolded him like she did before, back in the real world. â€I hope you didn’t get hurt to bad.†he said, as he slowly unclenched his fists. Nothing good has happened ever since he killed Reaper.

Mitoko stated that she wanted to take the profession of a tailor and that sparked his idea bulb. â€Why is she telling me all this? Does sh-†Kaito’s thoughts were interrupted when Mitoko said he could have anything he wanted. He grinned for a moment, but quickly wiped the grin off his face. Mitoko quickly stepped and stood in front of him. Kaito quickly looked at the right side and saw a couple of NPCs wandering around. She wanted him to help her out and Kaito slightly nodded. Mitoko even attempted to bribe him to go, but he would go regardless. â€Okay. I’ll help you out.†he said and started to head towards the exit of Urbus. â€Mitoko.. How are you still talking to me like that. I’m a murderer.. I don’t even deserve to look at you right now.†he’d think to himself, as Kaito made his way to the exit.

Mitoko clenched her fists tightly. "I don't care what you are... stupid. I'll never turn my back on you!" she'd think gloomily while following behind him silently. However those words he had said kept on repeating in her head, disturbingly. She didn't want to believe it, she didn't want to believe that he was one of them. She'd stick by Kaito even if he happened to be a murderer. "Great... let's gather materials and give it to the NPC then! It'll be fun! Plus I can also try harvesting cotton and such if you want to help me," she chirped while catching up to him and smiling. From the corner of her eyes she had seen his gloomy and down expression. "What do I tell him? Cheer up? No I don't think I should. Jokes? U-Um nope. But I hate it when he's depressed like that. What should I do?" the pinkette would ask herself with a concerned expression.

The two continues their ways through the mountain paths and the area was somewhat familiar to Kaito. "This looks so familiar. Argh, focus. We need some materials for Mitoko." he'd think, as he looks around the place. Kaito starts to take a peek at Mitoko and could see that she was focusing on something, but he quickly looked ahead of the path. He felt that this orange cursor is what will tear his relationship apart with Mitoko and they'll never be able to speak to each other again. Kaito started to find a way to revert that time, but this game consist of no magic at all. "What can I do? Maybe I could go back to green." he'd think to himself, trying to grasp what's left of his relationship with her. He looked over at Mitoko and found her with a concerned look on her face, so he shrugged his shoulders. "Hey Mitoko. Why the long face?" he asked her, as the two continue to walk.

Mitoko blankly looked ahead while talking. "Let's focus on the quest first. Afterwards I'll tell you okay?" she'd say. "Hm... where do you find those giant spider thingies? I think those creatures drop silk. And after that we should find something that drops leather. And then picking cotton and such." The pink haired girl would go ahead and plan everything in steps while thinking closely. 'Kaito? Do you know where I can find these creepy huge spider things? They SHOULD drop silk if I'm right. And I suppose you know a lot more about this game than I do currently. Do you know where to find something related to these enemies by any chance?" she'd ask while gulping as her mind drifted off to imagine a giant furry thing on the grass. Mitoko had a ridiculous phobia of spiders, but had been toughing it up all along to accomplish this task.

Kaito seemed like he was being a distraction towards Mitoko, so he slightly moved away. "Sure. I guess that'll be okay." he'd say. "Argh.. I could feel our relationship falling apart now. Whatever. I need to focus on this quest and help her with it." The orange player thought, as the two continued to find a place to find cotton and leather. "Where would we be able to find these types of things around here?" he'd think. Mitoko asked if he knew where spiders spawned and his eyes widen from shock. "Spiders? Aren't you afraid of those things?" he'd asked her, without making eye contact with Mitoko. Kaito starts to tap on his chin and snapped his fingers. He runs over to a rock and points at a cave deep within the mountains. "There is a cave full of spiders over there." he'd state, as he slowly steps down from the rock.

Mitoko shook her head furiously. 'I-I am b-but I have t-to do this even if it's scary a-as hell... I need those materials." Her eye twitched as she'd think of those giant furry things that made her jump onto anything off the ground once spotted. But now it wasn't "go pick up your shoe and squash it". They were talking about these things magically larger than a human being. "Why a SPIDER?!- Shut up and do it. Just do it Mitoko! Get over it! Besides it can't devour me in one whole bite because that's not how it is in this game." "Okay, lead the way! If we work together it'll be easier I bet," she chirped whilst following him carefully, looking EVERYWHERE to make sure the area was clear. Something about this spider business made her alert about her surroundings even more.

Kaito nods his head and grabs her hand. "Come on. I won't let the spiders get you." he said to Mitoko, as the two ran into the cave. The area around them started to shake, but it was due to the game following nature. "Why can't spiders spawn outside?" he'd question the game. The sound of water dripping echoes throughout the whole caverns, but Mitoko was the only one shaken up. "I think I should be the one collecting these by myself for her." he'd think, as they continue to go through the caverns. "Mitoko.. You're shaking and I think you should just wait outside for me to come back with the materials." Kaito said, as he stops her from moving any further. He didn't want to see her hurt anymore and he needs to make up for what he's done to her.

Mitoko squeezed Kaito's arm as she shook her head from side to side. 'N-No! I'm not weak... I'm strong t-too. I have to help you out. I promise I'll be okay Kaito, let's do this TOGETHER!" she'd assure him while emphasizing the word together and moving on in the eerie cave as she dragged him behind. It was easy to see in the cave due to her night vision skill, however of her phobia she had been shaking. But to distract herself, she'd hum a cheerful tune in a low voice. "Now what? It's going to jump over my head or something?" Her breath hitched when she tripped over something, BARELY falling down, but Mitoko had been swift to react. "M-Mother of god this cave." With her other hand, the pinkette opened up her menu and looked at the map... spotting some nearby spider creepers. "I'll rip their teeth off!" she remarked childishly.

Kaito's arm was being squeezed by Mitoko, but he ignored it and had a concern look on his face. "I never said you were weak, Mitoko. I'm just worried about you. I know you want to help, but I can only do so much." he states, but she starts to emphasize the word together and he took the hint. Mitoko dragged Kaito with her deeper within the cave, but he could now feel her shaking. Mitoko started to hum and Kaito starts to examine the surrounding, but starts to realize that they came closer to the spiders' nest. The two suddenly fell, Mitoko was able to react fast enough, but not Kaito. He layed there as Mitoko opened up her menu to look at the map and Kaito was able to find some spiders with the low level lighting. Kaito gave her a bewildered look when she said she'll rip their teeth out. "Are you okay, Mitoko?" he asked, as he stood up.

"I'm alright. Why?" she'd ask before shrugging and getting an antsy feeling which made her move on before Kaito had the chance to respond to her question. With her eyes glued to the map, her tension grew with every step closer they had gotten towards the spider nest. After a while, Mitoko had sensed that they were very close to one of those spider things. And as she had thought, she had been right. A gigantic spider crawled into view, sending chills up the pinkette's spine. She'd immediately suck it up and shake her head. "Let's do this!" and with that she swiftly unsheathed her <>, staring down the spider while trying to let go of her phobia. Quickly Mitoko unsheathed her rapier and glared at the monster, squeaking as it moved towards her. "N-No!" she sternly shouted while attempting to stab at it, frowning as it crawled out of her way and behind her.

>>PARTY<<

» Mitoko- 15/15 HP

» Kaito- 15/15 HP

>>ENEMY<<

» Giant Spider- 8/8 HP

Mitoko said to Kaito that she was fine and that was all her could do. Nothing.. The two continued to adventure into the caverns. Mitoko continues to watch the map, as Kaito followed up right behind her. Kaito equips his «Falchion Void» just in case something were to happen, he would be able to initiate an attack without any lag. After he equipped his scimitar, a gigantic spider crawled towards the two players. "There you are." he'd say to himself, as Mitoko unsheathes her rapier, staring down the spider. "Mitoko.. I guess you've grown stronger." he'd think. as she attempts to strike the spider. Kaito rushes in after Mitoko and slashes the spider on the head, before launching himself off.

>>PARTY<<

» Mitoko- 15/15 HP

» Kaito- 15/15 HP

>>ENEMY<<

» Giant Spider- 5/8 HP

Mitoko flashed a light smile at Kaito before looking back at the spider. "Pssh it's all l-looks! D-Don't be afraid of that thing... they get even worse as you advance floors. So this shouldn't be anything! Think of it was a human in a costume..." And so she would imagine the spider into something else, all her fears slowly going away while she laughed at the silly idea. Her rapier glowed a bright red color as it charged, and Mitoko wasted not a single second in taking off after the spider. She ran the blade through it and kept up the pace until its' very last health point dwindled away. Her eyes widened in amazement of what she had done. "W-Wow I guess that tactic worked after all!" she grinned while collecting the monster drop which had looked like silk.

>>PARTY<<

» Mitoko- 15/15 HP + 1 MAT

» Kaito- 15/15 HP

>>ENEMY<<

» Giant Spider- 0/8 HP - DEAD

Kaito unsheathes his sword and watch as Mitoko picks up her material that she have collected from the gigantic spider. He couldn't help but smile at her, because she faced her phobia. Not many have done that for quite sometimes, but Mitoko is now stronger and he started to feel as if she doesn't need him anymore. "Mitoko.. could it be that me being orange means that you don't need me anymore?" he'd think, as his whole expression becomes gloomy. He quickly changes his expression and turns his back towards Mitoko. "So, what do we do next?" Kaito asked.

"N-Next we... fight more! Just a few more if that's o-okay with you?" she asked with a faint smile, noticing how he masked his expression. "I'm still angry at you..." she thought while descending deeper into the cave, humming some of the happiest songs ever known to distract her back into the mood she had been in previously- upon the defeat of the mighty giant spider. Mitoko had to admit that she had gotten strangely stronger, perhaps from the schedule she had made herself. About a week and a half of non stop grinding and being paddled by boars half her level. It was most certainly hectic, but it had made her more stronger. Though she felt like spending a year of laziness, that would get her throat slit by all these monsters. She had opened up her UCP and stared at her map once more, noticing how the spiders started to come in clusters. So far she had observed two spiders following each other, and others kept in large clusters which she would most likely ignore due to the overwhelming amounts. "It looks like we are close to more. A LOT MORE. We are probably going to fight two more until we run across a huge raid of spiders. Obviously that's our cue to get the frick out! Or not whatever..."

"Sure. Why not?" Kaito answered, as he continues to hide his true expression. "How am I suppose to tell you what I did wrong? I had no choice.." he thought while the two made their way deeper into the caverns, scanning the area for anything odd or out of the ordinary. "Not that the game is normal anyways." he'd think to himself. Kaito unsheathes his scimitar just in case there are any surprise attacks. "I need to become stronger.. That's what I need to do." he thought while clenching the handle of his scimitar. Mitoko warned Kaito about the incoming spiders and there are going to be more than before.

Mitoko nodded and walked ahead, grinning as she had seen another mob come into view. "Y-Yesh! Let's get that one too!" she chirped while sprinting off after the spider speedy quick and sliding to a stop with an excited attitude. This one happened to be the same amount of "tough" as the last one they had challenged. Mitoko looked at her rapier and the spider who had already been crawling speedy fast towards her. However not being as scared anymore, she easily approached it by finding a way to jump onto it. However as she raised her blade to stab into it's weak spot, the spider flipped her over, tossing her to the ground roughly and speeding it's way creepily towards Kaito. "O-Oh..." Mitoko winced while getting back up and moving towards Kaito and attempting to get the spider to focus on her. Her eyes watched it's every movement nervously, looking for the perfect moment to strike. Her sword had been prepared in advance for a strike as well.

>>PARTY<<

» Mitoko- 15/15 HP

» Kaito- 15/15 HP

>>ENEMY<<

» Giant Spider2- 8/8 HP

Mitoko wasn't able to land a hit on the Giant Spider, but Kaito had a chance to attack the spider. "Mitoko.. Be careful." he thought as he braced himself for the Giant Spider to attack him. He clenches the handle of his Scimitar and launches himself from the ground towards the spider, hoping to hit the Giant Spider. One of the spider's leg came up and attempt to pierce him, but Kaito was able to deflect its attack. Deflecting the attack, caused him to back off and await for Mitoko to do some damage. "Sorry, I'm not that strong enough to protect you from these Giant Spiders." he'd think to himself, as he waits for Mitoko to strike.

>>PARTY<<

» Mitoko- 15/15 HP

» Kaito- 15/15 HP

>>ENEMY<<

» Giant Spider2- 8/8 HP