[SP-F1/F2] The Strayed Wolf

The Strayed Wolf

Panel 01

The sun was barely clinging above the horizon, slowly turning itself into a dark crimson color. A cold breeze started tussling Ren’s hair, as his clothes were slightly rippling by the wind. With heavy steps he was advancing through the dense grass, slowly but surely. He was not stopping, not even for a mere second, as every shroud of doubt he experienced before logging on, was now gone. A bit strange, but this place seemed natural to him, as if he was meant to be here, as if he was born within this world.

Panel 02

A few moments later,

The howling sound was echoing through the lands, the night was catching on to Ren. “What is that?†he questioned himself whilst he reached down for his blade. His weapon was a sword similar to a scimtar, classified in the curved bladed swords category, and no better then the normal starting gear.

Panel 03

He had nothing special on him, but the way he was wearing them, using them, made him appear as if he was nothing less than awesome. Not even three seconds passed, Ren had already unsheathed his sword whilst he took a rather unusual stance, getting ready for what was about to come.

Panel 04

Small glithering particles were slowly gathering upon his sword, forming a redish aura around its edge, the bladed seemed like it was screaming for blood. The air around him was slowly going dense, as Ren was slowly dragging his left foot back whilst tilting his torso a few degrees. His muscles started getting tenser, turning rock solid, as the trembling noise was getting closer.

Panel 05

The beast was ceaselessly running towards Ren, crumbling the leafs underneath it. His body did not stutter, finally showing the results of the kendo classes that he had partaken. He clenched the hilt tightly once more before raising his chin, slowly Ren narrowed his eyes, giving the beast a piercing view whilst pulling his dominant arm, displaying nothing more then confidence within his skills.

Panel 6

The dust swirled undearth him as he swiftly lunged towards the beast. “Cling!†was the sound made when the blade finally made contact with the beast, followed by a screeching sound whilst he was continuously dragging the blade further deep within its body.

Panel 7

Ren eyes were filled with despair, he really wanted to win. “Die!†was the desperate scream he let out before his blade finally reached the other side. Tis was a long day for him, his body started showing strains, he could barely withstand the effort anymore.

Panel 8

After the beast has successfully disintegrated itself, a small interface popped, which was craving for Ren’s attention. Curiously, he started walking towards it whilst sheathing back his sword. A question aroused inside his head as he finished inspecting the window, “What shall I do.... continue here... or advance further, on another level.†he thought as he was looking for the most efficient way of leveling up.

Panel 9

"Going on a higher floor might be too risky at this level. I should farm a bit more levels here, and then head out." he mutterd to himself. With a small gesture, he opened up his main menu and kept scrolling down, untill he managed to stumble upon the map. A small green hologram appeard in front of him, clearly indicating the places he explored, while the unexplored part of the floor was grey.

"Well then, I should start calculating a route that I could easily clear and farm, as time is essential within this game." Ren said with a satisfactory tone, while continuing to stare at the map.

Panel 10

After he spent a few minutes looking upon the map, he pressed quickly slided back to the Private Messages Box. He read the message he got from Oske, about the materials he needed to acquire in order for her to forge a katana, as Ren was in the need of a new weapon, his normal curved sword was starting to grow old and dull, becoming ineffective against high leveled monsters.

"I really need to get this done before continuing upon my journey." he mumbled to himself whilst looking up the list.

Panel 11

"Skeletons... I'll need to go towards the dungeon, I'll surely find a pack of them there. Last time I was with Oske there, a few showed up, but if I'll keep searching, maybe I'll find more then a few." Ren thought for himself, as he was making up his plan, his farm route. With three slight gestures he closed the menu, snorting once before heading out towards the dungeon.

Floor 1 - Dungeon -

Panel 12

After a few good minutes of walking, there he was. Standing in front of the dungeon, as the wind suddenly started blowing fiercely. Once more he opened up his menu, draggin a few items from within the list, making a side note which he will follow inside this place.

Objectives:

1. Kill several skeletons, loot their bones.

2. Keep and eye opened for Iron blocks.

3. Ascend to Floor 2, in order to search for Dragon Heart Stones.

Panel 13

When Ren placed his first foot inside the dungeon, small red lights appeard next to him. But this time he knew what was going to happen, as he slowly unsheathed his sword, placing himself into a battle stance. Four skeletons appeard next to him, "It's time to get started. I'll make my way through the next level. I'll just hope that all the materials will drop now, so I won't need to redo the dungeon." he said before he lunged forth at them.

Panel 14

"Damn it, it's been hours already. I need one more iron block." he thought before reaping his sword through another skeleton. Ren slowly turned in order to search for more skeletons, but a sound caught his attention, which was made by a small interface that just popped above the dead skeleton.

Experience 472

Loot: 1x Iron block

Panel 15

"Huh?!" was the sudden sound he made before turning his head against the interface. His eyes now were completely widened, followed by a joyful expression upon his face. Sudenly, he took a deep breath before muttering once more "Great... I now need to ascend towards the next floor. Fighting dragons is going to be splendid." but, this time with a ironic tone towards himself.

Panel 16

As Ren was slowly making his way through the lights were flickering, giving shape to the dark and dim corridor. The eerie darkness within that place, struck down a feeling deep inside Ren's heart, more specifically a uneasy sensation was disturbing him. He was a bit scared, as monsters might appear at any time, or that he may stumble upon something worse than monsters, player killers.

Panel 17

A blazing light shoned upon Ren's face whilst he was reaching the end of the corridor, obstructing his vision. Swiftly he placed his hand up, covering himself from the encasing light. With slow and heavy footsteps he was walking towards the exit, cleansing himself from the uneasy feelings as he was getting closer and closer towards it. He was a bit tired, but he couldn't stop now, he was determined to finish this.

Floor 2 - The Dragons Nest -

Panel 18

He took a half a day off, spending most of the day in a nearby village, buying potions and other kind of items that might assist him with the dragons. Because of this, he quickly became short on cash, so Ren decided to spend the night at a cheap inn, as he only needed a roof on top of his head.

As the sun awakened itself above the horizon, Ren woke up as well. He quickly grabbed upon his belongings, heading straight towards the cave which was inhabited by dragons.

A few quick gestures made a window appear in front of Ren.

Notes

Farm at least three Dragon Hearth Stones

The interface suddenly was close, as Ren cocked his head upwards, looking forth at the cave, he was already there.

Panel 19

Upon entering the cave, his nose was stabbed by a piercing smell within the cave. "This smell might defeat me before I even manage to kill one single dragon." he said before unsheathing his sword and using another hand to clench upon his nose. The moist air within the cave gave him a discusting feeling, he cleary wanted to finish this quickly.

Suddenly, Ren startled from the shattering sound made by a dreadful dragon. Swiftly, he pointed his sword forwards whilst he stratred sprinting towards the sound.

Panel 20

The everlasting fight was finally over, lasting more then a couple of hours. Ren had to slay a total of six dragons in order for him to get the three hearts he was needing, it was a painful but rewarding day for him, as he now had all of the materials needed to craft his blade. Proud of achievement he started walking back inside the town, getting himself ready to meet Oske once more. A smirk appeared upon his face, while he was deeply filled with eagerness.

Complete