[SP-F2] An Earth-Shattering Conclusion <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>{COMPLETE}

Ryuu had accepted the quest back at town. All the request had told him was that there was a huge boulder blocking the road for this village, and some villagers want it removed. The reward was a new skill, Martial Arts. Hearing of this, Ryuu just had to undergo the quest. His skill in the line of martial arts was too extensive for him not to want to acquire this skill. As Ryuu approached the area of question, he noticed some fallen trees. 'Something big must have come through here and knocked the boulder down. After I'm done with this, maybe I'll go track it down.'

Ryuu finally reached the boulder. Looking up to see how large it was, Ryuu was left in awe. He was surprised how big it was, nevertheless, he was going to grind it into dust. He walked up to it and looked over its surface for a while. 'There has to be a weak point. Everything has one. All I have to do is find it and exploit it.' Ryuu started to feel around to better discern where the weak point was. 'Ha! I've found!' It was just below shoulder level, easy for him to either kick or punch. 

Ryuu stepped back and got into stance. He drew his arm back and fixed his sight on the crack in the rock. 'This is it. I'm going to turn you into dust, boulder.' He chose to use a mix of Shaolin Kung Fu and boxing that he knew. He knew that it was going to cause him damage the first few time, but he just wasn't the kind of guy to give up just because of that. 

He thrusted his arm forward, striking the rock. He missed the spot just barely and ended up hurting his wrist.

(Rolled a 2 on d10 die. Ryuu received 1 damage.)

Roll 1-5 = Fail
Roll 6-8 = 1 damage
Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 14/15

Boulder HP: 25/25

"Ack! I guess it can't be helped. I'm still going to break you though." Ryuu took another step back and inhaled deeply. He stared intensely at the the crack he previously found. He got into stance again, preparing to use the same techniques again. 'Most other techniques focus too much on momentum. These though focus on striking hard at one specific spot. If I continue, it will shatter it eventually. I need to perfect this technique anyway, so what better way than to keep trying.' 

He drew back his fist again and attacked the boulder with unrelenting power. "HIYAA!!!" It connected perfectly with the crack, making it spread out and lessening the rock's resistance.

(Rolled a 9 on d10 die. Ryuu caused 2 damage- base, +1 skill)

Roll 1-5 = Fail
Roll 6-8 = 1 damage
Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 23/25

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

'Yes. Now I'm getting somewhere!' Ryuu re-positioned himself to do another blow. This time though. He would use his sword and lodge it into the crack. He would use this to drill into the rock, bit by bit, until it shattered for him. 'I will collect my prize before this day is over.' He drew his sword and lodged it into the crack, weakening the rock even more.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 22/25

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Ryuu was already about to kick the hilt of the embedded blade, but at that moment a rock, about the size of his fist, came loose and hit him right on the head.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 13/15

Boulder HP: 22/25

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He squared back up and got into stance. He was going to drive this sword into the rock so far that the rock would crumble to pieces. He swung his leg around and then extending it at the point the it would hit the hilt.

It hit it almost perfectly, causing the cracks to spread even further.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 13/15

Boulder HP: 20/25

Rolled a 4 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Kazuya was getting excited at his success so far, maybe even A little too excited. As he came in for another attempt, he missed and slammed his foot into the wrong part of the hilt, causing him damage.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 12/15

Boulder HP: 20/25

• 2 weeks later...

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He reared back on his left leg, trying to keep his balance after the failed strike. He looked at the defiant rock. "You really are causing me problems, but I have yet to experience a challenge I couldn't overcome." He looked back at his blade sticking out of the rock. 'I will succeed in shattering this thing. I will open the trade route back up and claim my skill.' He regained his balance and stepped back. He sprung forward again, attempting to shove his blade deeper into the rock. He kicked his leg forward, letting it connect with the hilt of the sword. "Hiya!!"

His foot connected almost perfectly and his sword sunk deeper into the stone, widening the cracks. It still caused him damage though.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 11/15

Boulder HP: 18/25

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He cursed his sloppiness. 'Wow, I really needed to brush up on my martial arts. Good thing I'm doom this quest. I would have been pathetic, going out there and not being able to do much with my skill.' He stepped back, looking at the cracks. 'A few more hits and this rock should break.' He drew his arm back this time and thrust it forward. It connected with the rock instead of the blade, creating a set of new cracks from the point of the blow.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 17/25

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He looked at the splintering rock. 'I know I'm close now. I've almost reached half its health. Wow this thing had quite the defense, but then again, it is a rock. I must look really stupid punching and kicking a rock out in the middle of a forest. I wonder what people are thinking if they see me.' He laughed to himself. 'It is a rather funny thought. Now, back to my objective... Breaking this formidable stone into tiny fragments.' He drew his arm back again, but this time he did two blows to the stone, one with each arm. "Hiya!!" He watched as a small piece of the boulder fell to the ground and smirked. 'My head on approach is working quite well.'

Roll 1-5 = Fail
Roll 6-8 = 1 damage
Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 15/25 

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The cracks were quite extensive now. They seemed to spread out a meter in diameter, but still the rock refused to completely shatter. 'What is this rock made out of? It seems to be invincible. Even though I've tried to hard to break it, even though it is so fractured, it still remains standing and with more than half it's health left. This is quite the formidable obstacle, but like any obstacle, it was made to be overcome.' He drew his arm back another time and thrust it forward. This time he was aiming for right next to his blade. He needed to fracture the entry point more, which he did but at the cost of his own HP.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 10/15

Boulder HP: 13/25

• 3 weeks later...

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Kazuya drew his arm back for yet another strike. He felt strength course through him as he saw how close he was to breaking the rock. He put all his weight into his arm and thrust it forward. It connected with the rock and caused a chunk of it to fall from where he had hit it. So close. Just a little more and I'll be done here.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 12/25 

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Kazuya smiled at his handiwork. A few more well placed blows like that and I should be done. He straightened up and looked at the cracks, trying to determine where to strike next. he saw the spot where the chunk had fell, but decided it would cause more damage than he would inflict. His eyes then drifted to a section where several cracks met. It looked like a huge intersection of cracks. There! He drew back his arm again, looking at the blade sticking out of the rock. He knew he wasn't going to get that back unless he broke this thing. It was too far in. He struck the intersection with full force.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 10/25 

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

((I promise on my life these are real rolls. If you want though, I will switch over to the Perma Roller. These rolls are kind of weird to me as well, so just say the word.)

Kazuya watched as the cracks spread out. He knew it had to be less than half HP now, but the question was could he still break it. He knew the answer without a doubt, but he still had to prove it to himself. He drew back his arm to strike the same spot and thrust it forward again. He felt jagged edges of rock dig into his virtual flesh. Don't worry about that Kazuya. All you need to worry about is how you are going to break this thing. It is on the verge of destruction, but can you do it without harming yourself? 

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 8/15

Boulder HP: 8/25 

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He saw how close he was. Almost there. Just a bit more and it will break. He brought his injured arm back, ignoring the red polygons and virtual blood dripping from it, and struck the rock again. 

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 7/25 

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

((I think, in the future, that this quest should use a Perma Roller, just for the fact that if you get a lucky streak it won't be suspicious.))

Kazuya looked that the cracks and watched yet another shard of rock fall. He felt eager to finish this. He took a different stance and prepared to kick the object. He swung his leg at the cracks and listened to the sound of breaking rock as it connected.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage

Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Boulder HP: 5/25 

[Roll ID: 2211, FAIL]

Kazuya tried to kick the rock another time, but this time the rock had been worn down to its much harder center. As his leg connected, a sickening sound resounded through the forest. "AH!!!!" He fell and clutched his leg. It wasn't looking so good. He had broken it.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage
Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 6/15

[Roll ID: 2213, FAIL]

((Okay, now this is more like it. Looks like my luck has left as usual, but I guess I'm okay with it.))

Kazuya tried to stand, bracing himself against the boulder, but he slipped and fell back to the earth. He yelped in pain as he hit the ground, landing on his newly broken leg. 

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage
Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 5/15

[Roll ID: 2217]

(Sorry guys, I'm not going to kill Kazuya with a stupid rock.)

Kazuya tried again to stand. This time, he was more successful. He put all his weight on his good leg and put and arm on the rock to stabilize himself. He had practiced close range blows at his old dojo. He pulled his other arm back 5 inches from the rock's surface and struck at it.

Roll 1-5 = Fail

Roll 6-8 = 1 damage
Roll 9-10 = 2 damage

Ryuu HP: 5/15

Boulder HP: 4/25