Just Some Ideas

Sooooo i've been thinking guys (normally a bad thing but hey lets not dwell on my past) I've been searching around the forums and i've come up with a bunch of ideas i think could improve our R/P experience. Keep in mind they're just ideas and that i have no power to implement them into the game

Fishing: Just some ideas for the fishing skill (I do plan on taking fishing once it comes out). I thought that maybe having two dice for fishing would be better than just one, one for the fish rarity and one for the fishing success. Failing to fish will cause it to fight back and depending on it's rarity will determine its strength. For example a very low rarity fish and very low fishing success will result in losing the fish and some bait. Medium rarity fish and low fishing success will result in a line break. High rarity fish and low fishing success will result in a rod break, surprise damage and an epic fight. Low rarity fish and medium fishing success will result in catching it. Medium rarity fish and medium success will result in a catch and line durability to lower. High rarity fish and medium success will result in line break and a battle (no damage or rod break this time). High success chance catches all fish except high rarity where they will have their line broken however they will suffer some damage from the hook and then they have to battle.

Signature Moves/Limit Break: This is something i've been thinking of for awhile. Though players couldn't make their own signature skills i thought why not have signature moves? 

What is a signature move? Well, a signature move is a one post action which players can use under certain circumstances. It can be offensive or defensive and it's up to the player what it does. Of course they would have to be approved by GMs so they're not too op. The way they work is when a certain circumstance is met the player can use the signature move which will take up their post action, an example would be a large string of attacks which stack damage each strike the idea being to deal more damage with one attack or something like a limit break buff/shield/block etc. The idea for it is to allow players to exceed the systems rules, giving everything they have in desperation to win. I do know critical strikes exist however a +2dmg bonus sometimes doesn't cut it and i don't think there's anything for a critical block. Another example is a boss that has a special ability that allows him to bypass defenses, if this strike where to kill a player, they or another party member can use a limit break block to stop the attack and negate all damage regardless of its special ability and maybe even return some of the damage.

Items: just a quick idea with this one. I was looking at the item system and how players can get items but i was thinking well hey.. what if a character obtains a sentimental piece of armor and has had it for a long time and it's apart of his attire he doesn't want to break? Well.. if players could take that item to a blacksmith or something they could get it's rarity upgraded and its type changed. For example a player receives a gift from a player just before they die. The player advances using the item but eventually its stats start to drop off, he can go to a blacksmith and get it upgraded for better stats or if the type of armor didn't fit them such as a leather body, they can then get it upgraded to light metal armor while the blacksmiths add some extra plates here and there.

Forum: One of my more sane ideas is to create a new forum. A player notice board where players can notify others if they need help or if they're planning a certain event at a certain time. This can also be used for raids and guilds as well as player made quests/requests. 

Col: I was just thinking that the rp needed a better system for the money. There's no "Col Pouch" or anything of the sort in the player journal apart from the inventory. Players should also start with a certain amount of Col, this way players can get familiar with using it and are more aware of it. 

But yea these were just some idea, thanks for reading. Feedback will help the developers of the sight i guess so let them know what you think about them 

Fishing: Just some ideas for the fishing skill (I do plan on taking fishing once it comes out). I thought that maybe having two dice for fishing would be better than just one, one for the fish rarity and one for the fishing success. Failing to fish will cause it to fight back and depending on it's rarity will determine its strength. For example a very low rarity fish and very low fishing success will result in losing the fish and some bait. Medium rarity fish and low fishing success will result in a line break. High rarity fish and low fishing success will result in a rod break, surprise damage and an epic fight. Low rarity fish and medium fishing success will result in catching it. Medium rarity fish and medium success will result in a catch and line durability to lower. High rarity fish and medium success will result in line break and a battle (no damage or rod break this time). High success chance catches all fish except high rarity where they will have their line broken however they will suffer some damage from the hook and then they have to battle.

Signature Moves/Limit Break: This is something i've been thinking of for awhile. Though players couldn't make their own signature skills i thought why not have signature moves? 

What is a signature move? Well, a signature move is a one post action which players can use under certain circumstances. It can be offensive or defensive and it's up to the player what it does. Of course they would have to be approved by GMs so they're not too op. The way they work is when a certain circumstance is met the player can use the signature move which will take up their post action, an example would be a large string of attacks which stack damage each strike the idea being to deal more damage with one attack or something like a limit break buff/shield/block etc. The idea for it is to allow players to exceed the systems rules, giving everything they have in desperation to win. I do know critical strikes exist however a +2dmg bonus sometimes doesn't cut it and i don't think there's anything for a critical block. Another example is a boss that has a special ability that allows him to bypass defenses, if this strike where to kill a player, they or another party member can use a limit break block to stop the attack and negate all damage regardless of its special ability and maybe even return some of the damage.

Forum: One of my more sane ideas is to create a new forum. A player notice board where players can notify others if they need help or if they're planning a certain event at a certain time. This can also be used for raids and guilds as well as player made quests/requests. 

Ok... a few things I have to point out here...

1) Fishing was brought up a while back and is being discussed but we can't really do anything about it until we have a solid fix on the dice system

2) Signature moves are allowed since it's the way one fights, but however, do to the fact that no such thing actually existed or dealt extra damage in the canon, the extra abilities will not be given

3) You're "Player Notice Board" is mainly what the Player Request Board is. Players asking others for help, quests, events, and what not. Raids and guilds can be discussed in the SAO OOC or the designated forum. I see no need to add in a new forum just for that purpose.

Ah my bad, i didn't see it because it was a sub forum. I thought the fishing idea was a good one but if you can't do anything about the dice system i'll just leave it to you guys, i trust in your capabilities cx You guys are doing a great job so far.

but yea these were just rough ideas i didn't really expect them to be implemented, just wanted to share my thoughts