Series of Questions. (Discussion Closed/No More Posting)

Okay I have a series of questions that need answering.

1.) Is it possible to have Bone Plating or Bone Scale armor as a armor? Becasue if not can we have that as maybe an upgraded version of the either Light Metal Equipment, Like saying that past Rank 3 on LME you have the ability to change into Bone Scale armor and Rank 3 of HME you can switch to Bone Plating?

2.) Can we also have Bone type weapons, and what I mean is this, we have weapons that are made of bone, but are just as strong as iron or steel, like they have in Skyrim?

And if you have no clue what I mean here is a photo of the armor and weapon.

~Armor~
Skyrim-Dragon-Armour-guia-espana.jpg

~Weapon~
391626ac8780fce81a321ed7f8667796.jpg

I suspect the answer to your question is No, with a but.

There are no rules for bone weapons or armor, but that doesn't mean you can't reskin the existing types to match your fluff.  I don't think any player is going to throw a fit if your leather armor, or metal armor is described as being made of bone, while having all the mechanical effects of metal or leather armor. 

If you're looking for a mechanical difference, then that is something else.  But at the same time its important to remember that there is no in game mechanical difference between cloth, leather and metal armor under the current rules.  

Technically, Xaxa's armor skin is cosmetically bone, but the series canon never specifically specifies that it isn't hard plastic or some type of metal. (Presuming plastic exists in SAO, though we can just assume metal in its absence).

I don't see any real issue with using bone, save that it's density (unless we're talking like Dragon Bone) is drastically weaker than the structure of a metal. In that instance, why not just use a bone skin like previously suggested and have the (optimal) durability of a metal?

Dragon Bone would be the only thing I think woud be sutable for this, but I think logically about things and seeing no data on this subject makes me ask questions and since I have a vague idea on the matter I needed info, from players like yourself. I'll let a few more people put their input into this and then I will have my answer.

Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from. I just thought I'd offer an opinion on the subject to see if it'd give you a bit more insight of where you'd like to go with this.

It's entirely possible, since Xaxa was a member of Laughing Coffin and a notorious PKer, he found some way to craft or purchase a Bone Mask for the sake of looking the part; if it is a real item, it's probably an accessory and meant solely for looks.

I would say if this was to be made possible, a sort of skill, I would have to say Blacksmith Rank 6 to do so, as in Skyrin you needed to be level 100 in order to do that, hense steel dagger armor XD.

Again, what do you think that bone armor should do, mechanically, that is different from the existing armor?  Because there is no difference between armor types at the moment.  If it is just cosmetic then it doesn't really need rules, and if it does need rules, then why?

Having the armor look like bone is perfectly fine. There are no added benefits or rules to make it different than anything else. But nothing is stopping you from having your armor made from bone. Players have used all kinds of materials to craft different type of armor.

Thank you for the consice and straight forward answer to my question, and as before now that I have my answer this topic is over.