Earning A Living (OP)

Ryuu had always been good at acrobatics and music. He thought becoming a performer would be a great profession for him. 'I can't wait till I get to professionally play at the cafes and at festivals! It's going to be great. I could share a part of myself with everyone who listens.' Then his eyes rested on a somewhat rugged looking individual. He wasn't rugged as in appearance, but he had a presence of the kind of person who you would find in a forge or mechanic shop. Ryuu walked over to the man, remembering that he still needed to get some new armor. "Hey there. Are you by chance a blacksmith?"

"Actually I just started the game and i want to become a blacksmith, but i don't know where to get tools, materials, and such."

Bizcocho thinks quietly to himself for a few moments, looking over Ryuu.

"Tell you what man, if you help me get started with basic tools, materials, and finding a place to set up shop, not only will i make you some awesome armor pieces; but from then onto forever, you will experience above the cut weapons and armor at below the cut prices. We'll call it a friends and family discount"

"That sound good stranger?" Bizcocho extends his hand towards Ryuu.

"Oh I'm Bizcocho by the way, Bizcocho The Bastard." Bizcocho sends a devilish smile towards Ryuu.

Ryuu like this guy's smile. He took the offered hand. "I'm Ryuu, Ryuu the Demon. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. In fact, I do know where you can get started. There is a blacksmith around here that says he'll take in anyone willing to learn the sacred art of the blacksmith. He'll supply them with tools and show them a place to set up shop. As for materials, I can supply those personally. Of course that is after he has trained you properly. I think he is this way." Ryuu motioned Bizcocho to follow. "So Bastard, eh? What caused that name. Are you really a bastard child or just act like one?"

Ryuu shrugged. "Not far. Should be just round the corner, if I remember correctly." He stopped at a shop with a bearded old man beating his hammer down on what looked like a sword. Ryuu knew he wouldn't hear him over the sound of the hammer, so he waved to the old man until he noticed.

"Ryuu, old boy, how has it been?" He greeted.

"It's been pretty boring, since the plains got taken over by the level 1 players, but not bad. *motions t Bizcocho* I have a new apprentice for you. He looks like he would be rather competent at something like this, so why don't you teach him?"

The old man looked at Bizcocho. "So you want to become a blacksmith, eh? Well, grab that hammer and start flattening those pieces of metal. I'll need them for later."

Thanatos was lost, really lost. After he had returned from the fields, he didn't feel right, he was walking around but didn't know why. He saw a beginner like himself being led by another, he descided to follow them, *perhaps I can pick up a few tips he thought*. He didn't want to deal with people so he stuck behind them, staying in the back of the crowd

"Of course sir!" Bizcocho stammered as he enters the shop and grabs a spare smith's apron off the wall.

"The name's Bizcocho sir, Bizcocho the bastard" Bizcocho gave himself a little smile because he decided he quite liked it when he referred to himself with his title.

The old man nodded and motioned his head towards the tool rack.

Bizcocho went near the back of the pit and found a spare hammer and smiting tongs. "Mister is it alright if i use these?"

"Aye that'll be alright... Only children call me Mister, you'll refer to me as Smitty or Sir Wayland, whatever fits ye tongue" Wayland pointed towards the coal pit with the red hot sword he was forging. "Get to work boy!" he bellowed like an old wise dragon.

"Yes sir of course" Bizcocho tried to reply with the same loudness and intensity as Wayland but to no avail.

Bizcocho grabbed a red hot Iron rod out of the fire and started pounding out a sword blank for the old master smith.   

Thanatos watched with awe; he never did much "work" on the cars he built, rather he designed it and had the others build it. *Who knows, perhaps in this world I might be good at this type of thing*. He walked in greeted the smith and copied what looked like the new apprentice. He started to pound metal into a sword, it broke, he kept pounding now into a dagger, it too broke. *Great, Chuck, just like the real world you know what it is but you can't do it.

Bizcocho notices the stranger come in and try his hand at blacksmithing. The stranger tried several times to make a simple sword blank but kept breaking the iron rods. Bizcocho puts his current piece back into the coals and goes to meet the stranger. "You can't let the iron get too hard, you have to keep putting it back into the

forge to soften it up some."

"The name's Bizcocho, Bizcocho the Bastard" Bizcocho's eyes lit up and he gave himself a quick smirk as he extended his dirty hand towards the stranger. 

"You look like the kinda guy who buys the swords, not makes them, what are you doing in a place like this?" 

"There are many professions in this game, and I think you'd do better elsewhere" Bizcocho turned around to go back to the forge but stopped himself.

"Look, I didn't mean to come off like that, I'm just saying your'e not the smithing type. But maybe something like Tailoring or Artisan is more your taste."

" No offense taken fact, I concur, this does not seem to be my particular speciality." As he left the anvil to return his gear he asked " Perhaps we could go into the fields to get you some materials, in return you can make me a dagger?" It's not like Thanatos needed a dagger, but The Bastard was right, if he was going to survive he needed to buy swords, this he thought was a good test. He extended his hand and saying, "by the way the name is Thanatos".

"Sounds like a plan dude, let's head out!"

Bizcocho and Thanatos started making their way down the hill that the blacksmith shop was set on top of. They made it down the rather steep hill and started walking towards some open fields. "Hey Thanos I see some boar uprootings down over there, we should head west and see what we find"

Bizcocho reached around to his lower back where he keeps his Wakizashi mounted horizontally on his belt, he unsheathed it and followed Thanatos towards the bushes. Breaking through the thick brambles and bushes they both come up to a small clearing in the bushes. There Thanatos spotted two boars rooting up the ground and motioned forwards to alert Bizcocho.

"I got left!" Bizcocho shouted as he shot out from behind Thanatos and charged the startled boar on the left.

Bizcocho did a quick step forward and went for a stab behind the neck, he slightly missed and gashed the boar open along it's spine, the boar's health dropped to deep red. Bizcocho pulled back his blade and stomped his boot into the boar's neck causing a loud crack to be heard in the bushes. 

The boar gave a short yelp and fell to the ground convulsing. Bizcocho quickly stepped forward and rammed his blade through the boar's skull killing it quickly as possible to make sure it's suffering ended. 

Thanatos kept running after missing the boar he trusted his companion to finish the job, but felt ashamed knowing he left him open to attack.

*I need to be stronger*

He saw the boar on the right coming towards him, *rush or wait?*, he decided to wait.

* I need to be stronger*

As the boar came into his swords range, Thanatos dodged left. During the spin he brought his swordtail down in a heavy arc, which activated a skill, his sword became engulfed in a bright sanguine light which emitted sparks as it connected with the base of the beast's neck.

Thanatos turned to see Bizcocho finished with his quarry, he sent him a bent "L" shape with his right hand as he sheathed his weapon. Once he stood next to him, Thanatos brought out his menu and gave Bizcocho a heavy piece of leather and said, "Now we need to get you some metal. Hopefully there is a cave or large formation of stones nearby."

"Good Idea, Thanos, can i call you Thanos?" Bizcocho inquired politely as he opened the player trade request icon that appeared in front of him.

Bizcocho selected the Boar's hide from Thanatos and added it with the other Boar's to his inventory.

"I think we would have a better chance searching for iron outside of these bushes" Bizcocho announced as he started clearing a away some small branches with his blade. 

"Thanos is as good a name as any I suppose, I'm going to climb this tree and see if I can't spot some iron banded stone." Thanatos climbed the tree as high as he could and spotted a few dips in the land to the south. By the time he jumped down he broke off a short but heavy piece of wood. "Thake this stick, it's real sturdy so it should make a good handle for the blade. Also I saw some distorted terrain just south of here, I think there might be some ore deposits, let's go"