[PP - F1] Greenhorn [Kohaku]

The young woman stood alone, looking out over her surroundings. Gentle grass-covered hills rolled out before her, the blades dancing back and forth in the gentle breeze. Lessa's chest swelled as she took a deep breath. Then she smiled. This was exactly how she wanted to spend an afternoon.

There was another reason why the young soldier was outside of the safe zone, only a few hundred yards from the city's entrance. She was meeting her first guild recruit, and working with her to see if she was fit to be a Guardian. The thought both excited and worried Lessa. Excited, because she was thrilled by the progress her guild was making. But worry, because she was not entirely sure what she was doing.

What is it I'm looking for? Really, she just wanted to interact with a kind, determined person with a good soul. That's all she really needed to see, as that was what her guild was all about.

The golden-haired girl glanced toward the city's opening, awaiting the greenhorn.

As I traversed up the hill, I called out a greeting to the other player. I smiled, opened up my Inventory and equipped my Beginner's Long Knife. I spotted a few boars on the hills around us. Hopefully, they'd be easy kill. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of this Guild leader now, did I? No.

"So," I asked, "anything you'd like me to know? Or can we get started?" I opened up my Menu and sent a Party Invite to Lessa. I rocked back on my heels and sniffed the virtual air. Wow, fresh grass and flowers? The creators of this game really put detail into it, I thought. My weapon glinted in the virtual sun's light. Man, I was so anxious to get my hands on a scythe! Now that is a weapon.

Lessa smiled and accepted my Party Invite. She opened her mouth to speak.

post-3335-0-80058900-1414470349_thumb.pn

"You must be Kohaku," Lessa greeted warmly as the player approached her. True, she could simply answer her own question by checking out the player's name. But it felt more comfortable to treat her like a real person, and not simply another element of the game. So she took the time to introduce herself. "My name is Lessa. I'm glad that you were able to make it today."

Lessa accepted the player's party invite as soon as it popped up, and she was surprised by Kohaku's enthusiasm. She had expected to be the one to form the party, but the girl was clearly ready to go. That may be a good thing, Lessa thought to herself. We need motivated people on the team.

"Well, I'd like you to engage one of those boars in battle. They only have 5 HP, so while they will provide you with a challenge, they won't be impossible to kill. And I'll standby in case you get into a pinch. But other than that, I'll let you do all of the fighting. Is that alright with you?"

Kohaku: 5/5

Boar: 5/5

(OOC: We can move into combat. I'll help you along, and play out the boar's turn. So if you roll a 6 or more, you deal damage. If you roll less than a 6, you will miss. But you will not take damage from the failed roll. I will determine how much damage the boar deals. Does that make sense?)