[SP-F2] <<Earning A Living>> [Fallen] [Completed]

Jun was in town, for a while now he had been longing for something fun to do in this game. He had heard that in this game there may be such a thing as professions, when he heard this rumour he headed straight for the nearest town. Walking into the town square he could smell all of the smells of the market. The smell of the smut coming from the furnaces, the smell of new bread coming out of the oven, the smells of herbs being brewed for potions. He looked around, so many choices, he looked over to the blacksmith, it seemed promising, so he walked over to inspect the happenings. The man standing around the forge looked up.

"How may I help you young man?" He stopped his work and Jun could get a proper look at him. He was wearing long black pants and a loose sleeveless cloth top. Over the top he wore a blacksmiths apron. In one hand he held a hammer and in the other he held a sword he had just forged. "I am interested in becoming a blacksmith. Could you help me at all?"

The man put his tools down and sighed, "I can help you, but why would you want to become a blacksmith, you seem a little, well, I'm sorry to say this, but you seem a bit scrawny for this profession, you might be better suited to something like alchemy, you look pretty smart anyways." Jun wasn't offended, but he did persist with his request, "Not at all my good man, but I insist, this seems pretty fun and I get some awesome loot as an extra. So I would like to be trained by you" Jun bowed and waited for a response.

"Well son, if you are up to it then I'm happy to train you, all you need to do is head out into the forest, there are a series of caves around there and in them is some iron ore, I need you to retrieve it for me and then I'll show you how to craft." He handed Jun a pickaxe, Jun bowed again and stepped back, "I'll be back before you know it!" He said while running of out of the town and into the woods. 

Once he was there he found one of he cave systems the old man was talking about. Stepping inside he immediately knew that he was going to find some materials here, the walls were lined with nodes of iron, when Jun stepped in the light from inside made it seem as though the cave had a red glow. Using the pickaxe given to him he took a swing at one of the nodes, smacking just in the right spot. Up came a window, telling Jun that he had gotten a piece of iron ore. Jun continued deeper into the caves.

Rolled a 4 on the d4 dice.
Rolled a 5 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 6 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 18 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Jun was excited at his gain of the ore so he decided to try again, striking a node a little too vigorously and having it shatter into thousands of little pieces before it exploded into pixels. Jun sighed, it didn't take much to humble him. Stepping further into the cave to see if there were bigger nodes, for a while he didn't notice anything, but out of the corner of his eye, it was a decently sized node, just right for getting some loot.

Rolled a 3 on the d4 dice.

Rolled a 3 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 2 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Jun let out a calm sigh and took a swing at the node, hitting it right again, another window, exactly like the other one, a window popped up, he had gained another ingot. In the shadows, Jun noticed a pair of red eyes staring at him, Jun put down the pickaxe slowly and pulled out his sword, he got into a battle stance and prepared for battle.

Rolled a 2 on the d4 dice.
Rolled a 6 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 4 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 18 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Tunnel Serpent

Stats:

Health: 7/7

Jun was a little creeped out by the beast, it was quite large, about up to Jun's shoulder,  it's body was green with purple stripes on it, it's large fangs were oozing with saliva as it slithered towards Jun. He pulled out his sword and swung at the beast, striking it along it's face, leaving a large gash along it's version of a forehead. This seemed to only anger the beast more as his eyes squinted and went in for the attack.

CRITICAL -2 HEALTH

Rolled a 2 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 8 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Tunnel Serpent
Stats:
Health: 5/7

This cave belonged to the tunnel serpent, all the animals in the forest knew that this was his domain, you only entered if you were given permission. A human setting foot in here would mean the tunnel serpent would get another meal. One thing Jun didn't notice was that a little ways down the cave were a massive pile of animal and human remains that the tunnel serpent called it's home. He was infuriated when this human came here and started to mine his precious shiny walls. The serpent charged at the human, his rage only fuelled more when he was attacked by the human, using his fangs he dug a large scratch mark into his chest.

Jun Health: 11/13

Rolled a 1 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 6 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Tunnel Serpent
Stats:

Jun just wanted to harvest some materials but now it seemed as though that was not going to happen easily, there were probably more of these 'things' in this cave. Jun charged at the beast, striking it along it's body, leaving a large gash across it's body.

CRITICAL -3 HEALTH

Rolled a 2 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice.

---Worm's Turn---

Tunnel Serpent

Stats:
Health: 2/7

The serpent was getting pretty damaged, this human wasn't like the rest, he wasn't some puny adventurer who had heard of this cave full of minerals and came running pickaxe in hand expecting to do some mining. The Tunnel Serpent went in and dug it's fangs into the human's shoulder.

CRITICAL -3 HEALTH

Jun: 8/13

Rolled a 3 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice.

(OOC: I Have no idea what the mob dice does, so I shall stick to the old system, not even sure if it changes anything.)

Tunnel Serpent

Stats:
Health: 2/7

Jun fell back deeper into the cave at the force of the oversized worm's attack. Jun stood up and charged at the serpent and struck down across its body, causing a large red gash to appear across it. The serpent exploded into thousands of pixels and a little window popped up.

CRITICAL -3

Congratulations
You gain:
Nothing! Bad luck.

"All that effort for nothing" Jun sighed, he continued deeper into the cave, he found another node.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Jun swung the pickaxe given to him into the rock, it broke off and vaporised into thin air, Jun was disappointed at first but a window popped up alerting him to the fact that he had gained the material. Jun let out a celebratory yelp as he headed back to the entrance of this cave, standing at the entrance snarling at him was a decently sized wolf, Jun sighed, "I just wanted to be in and out, but noooooo, I have to fight stuff, alright wolf, I'll take you on." Jun pulled out his sword and stood in a battle-ready stance.

Rolled a 6 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wolf

Stats:

Health: 7/7

Jun pulled out his sword, quite annoyed that he has had to go through all this just to get some ore, but, if he was going to be a blacksmith, then it would be worth all of this. Jun charged at the beast, striking it with his sword, leaving a large gash on its side.

CRITICAL -2 HEALTH

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

---Wolf's Turn---

Wolf

Stats:

The wolf had heard all the commotion from inside the cave and decided to investigate. The wolf noticed that there was an odd aura around the cave, the wolf and the cave serpent had a mutual understanding over where one could tread and where they couldn't, when the wolf stepped into the cave he could no longer smell the scent of the worm, the wolf was overjoyed he could now have more territory, he was enraged when there was a human in his newly acquired territory. The wolf was even more enraged when the human attacked him, the wolf bared his teeth and charged at the human, clawing at his shoulder, leaving a large gash along his arm.

CRITICAL -2 HEALTH

Rolled a 1 on the d4 dice.
Rolled a 5 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 6 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wolf
Stats:

Jun grabbed his arm as a large red mark appeared where the wolf struck him. In his haze he charged the wolf in a drunken sort of fashion and missed by quite a large margin, falling behind the wolf flat on his face he got back up and prepared for the oncoming attack from the wolf.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

---Wolf's Turn---

Wolf
Stats:

The wolf smiled as the human fell right past him, this was going to be an easy meal along with the new territory. By this point the wolf was toying with him, he walked over slowly and slashed at Jun, leaving a gash across his chest. The wolf snarled again as the human was pretty resilient.

Jun Health: 10/13

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 20 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wolf

Stats:

Jun was quite pissed at this point, not only was this wolf getting in his way, he was also getting beaten up by it. Jun had had enough so he charged in, this time hitting and leaving a large gash mark across the wolf's body. "Yosh" Jun let out a celebratory yelp as the attack hit the wolf.

Thorns +1 Damage

Rolled a 1 on the d4 dice.Rolled a 6 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 7 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

---Wolf's Turn---

Wolf
Stats:
Health: 3/7

The wolf's ego was as high as a kite by this point, that was, until the human fought back. In the wolf's blind rage he charged at the human and jumped claws first at him, the attack missing by a massive amount. The wolf got up and was extremely pissed, he turned around to face the human.

Rolled a 8 on the d8 dice.
Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Wolf
Stats:
Health: 3/7

Jun wasn't laughing this time that an enemy missed an attack, he was too frustrated for that. Jun walked towards the wolf who was wallowing in self pity, and sliced across its chest, causing it to explode into thousands of pixels. Jun sighed, maybe now he would be done with this. A window popped up.

CRITICAL -3 HEALTH

Life Steal +1 Health to Jun (So sorry, I only remembered that I had this just now and I don't want to change past posts.)

Congratulations
You gain:
Nothing! Bad luck.

Jun took out one piece of bread and started to eat it, he wasn't too badly damaged but he just wanted to make sure. Jun walked out of the cave and sitting at the entrance were three little pups, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no! I am done, I'm heading back to town." Jun stormed off in a rage, no more distractions, he was going to go back to town and start making some items.

Rolled a 4 on the d6 dice.
Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Jun walked back into town, he was pretty tired but he had to do this, being a blacksmith was what he wanted to do. Jun passed through the large gates of town, wandering around the town for half an hour he came upon the blacksmith's place again, "I'm back." He handed the man the pickaxe and stepped inside, "Welcome back my boy! I hope you enjoyed your little outing." Jun tried his hardest not to yell at the man, "It was..Interesting." The man laughed, "Those animals sure can be a pain, but no worries you are here now!" He stepped over to the furnace and threw the ore inside, onto a large metal cup "Now once we have gathered the ore we throw it into the furnace to turn it into a liquid that we can shape into bars, like so." After a few minutes he pulled out the cup and poured the boiling hot red liquid into the ingot mould that sat in front of Jun. "Now while we wait for that to cool, let me explain the basics of blacksmithing. Once we have the ingot we use our blacksmiths hammer to pound the material into the desired shape, as I said before you set out, this takes a lot of stamina and strength so it may take some getting used to." The blacksmith handed Jun a decently sized hammer, it was pretty heavy. The man waited 3-5 minutes before Jun looked down and saw that the liquid had turned into a silver ingot. The man, wearing gloves of course, grabbed the ingot and took it over to the anvil, where he held out his hand for Jun to hand him the hammer, Jun did so and he begun to smack away at the ingot. It took a good several hours before it had formed any recognisable shape, it was a small dagger, just a plain dagger, nothing special about it but Jun was surprised at the amount of effort it took to make such a small thing. He gestured towards Jun to let him have a go, pulling out another cup of the molten metal, pouring it into the mould.

Jun waited patiently for the ingot to cool, while he did this the blacksmith asked him some questions, "So what do you plan on making for your first smithing?" Jun thought for a minute, "I might make a dagger, it seems pretty easy compared to making a sword and it's something small that I won't have to lug around." The old man nodded and handed Jun a pair of gloves along with the ingot that had been cooling over the past few minutes. Jun put the ingot on the anvil and sighed, getting ready to do his first craft. Jun spent a good 4 or 5 hours hammering away at this thing before he made a knife that was at least decent looking. "Well done lad, you seem to have a knack for this kind of thing. I guess I was wrong about you." Jun smiled and let out a sigh, he was exhausted from smacking away at the ingot. He grabbed the knife, it was pretty good, â€‹"There is an extra ingot here, do you want another go?" Jun looked at him, "Sure, why not, get some extra experience."

Item: Dagger of the Mountains
Quality: Good
Description: An average dagger

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.
Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.