This site from a new player prespective

Hey guys, i'm only 2 days here and already love this site.

You made a really cool staff here, keep it up!

Also i though about 2 things that can improve the experience of the users around, especially the new fellows.

1. First, all the rules are really great and seem cool. But my problem is that feel like they are scattered around the forum with million of post ><.

I mean, I read  almost all the tutorials then i discover some new rules in the floors section. then I find out a new rule support and feedback forum that all the items should be list there.

Also there is a legend about "all in one" post that should explain the most of the mechanic, the link is broken and i couldn't find it :-(

I think the best think to do is to list all the links to relevant rules, post and examples for new players in one pose.

More then that, make an example post about RP fighting while using block, parry, evasion and even looting. All that while showing the roll number result. I still didn't find out the the parry and evasion result list ><

2. One more cool thing that will make the things around here more awesome, Its to write near each quest in the title in which floor is the quest. Like OOP\PP that you made. Its will make thinks more cool around here.

All this suggestions is a feedback and not criticism. You already made a great site and its deserve more views.

But right now its not so newbies friendly , and I think you could lose potential players because of that.

I wouldn't stay if I didn't like RP and SAO some much and had some RP experience.

that only my though from my experience here so far, so don't get me wrong  :-)

Beside of that I already though about a great idea for the mechanic. I will post it around soon ^_^

Hey guys, i'm only 2 days here and already love this site.

You made a really cool staff here, keep it up!

Also i though about 2 things that can improve the experience of the users around, especially the new fellows.

1. First, all the rules are really great and seem cool. But my problem is that feel like they are scattered around the forum with million of post ><.

I mean, I read  almost all the tutorials then i discover some new rules in the floors section. then I find out a new rule support and feedback forum that all the items should be list there.

Also there is a legend about "all in one" post that should explain the most of the mechanic, the link is broken and i couldn't find it :sad:

I think the best think to do is to list all the links to relevant rules, post and examples for new players in one pose.

More then that, make an example post about RP fighting while using block, parry, evasion and even looting. All that while showing the roll number result. I still didn't find out the the parry and evasion result list ><

2. One more cool thing that will make the things around here more awesome, Its to write near each quest in the title in which floor is the quest. Like OOP\PP that you made. Its will make thinks more cool around here.

The site actually switched forum software earlier this month. Though the process went fairly smoothly it wasn't perfect.  A lot of the links broke because of this.  But more than that it changed the core dice system of our game.  We know the rule threads are a bit of a mess, cleaning them up is actually our top priority right now.  But before we could properly do that we had to determine exactly how we were going to implement the changes to the dice system. We've pretty much come to a decision now so expect to see some updates in the next few days.

Also, I recovered the missing All In One Guide which is now named General Game Rules and can be found in the tutorial section HERE. This is the thread most the broken links were trying to reach.

Thanks Cindel.

this document help me a bit :smile:

I was hoping to find there more about battle technique, Especially parry and evasion.

Can't for the next update, keep it up.

(I think writing the floor number in the quest title will help a lot to ^_^)

Information on parry and evasion can be found in the Skill System Guide which reads: (But after reviewing it myself... ugh, the Guide is very outdated on some things) :(

Parry: 

Investing in the Parry Skill allows a player to attempt to counter an enemy Sword Skill with one of their own. In the event of a successful Parry, a player may negate ½ damage, rounded up, with a minimum of one damage negated while dealing ½ damage, rounded up, with a minimum of one damage back to the attacker. In the event of a critical success in an attempted Parry, a player will negate all incoming damage from their parried attack or sword skill and will deal their full damage back to their opponent, calculated as a normal attack, with Weapon Skill Point bonuses included.

What this means is, instead of attacking you may declare that you are using parry for your combat action. (providing you have the skill).  While parrying the DMG you take is reduced by half. So an opponent who hit you for 6 would only end up doing 3 dmg on their turn.  On your turn you may counter attack with parry using the BD result as normal. However parry reduces your own DMG by half too.  So if you managed to hit your opponent and would normally do 5 damage, you'd end up doing 3 instead (half of 5 is 2.5, rounded up is 3). If you roll a 10 though, special circumstances apply letting you do full dmg (but not the bonus from a normal critical success.)  In addition you deflect all the damage of the next attack made against you. Note: if that attack misses you, that still counts.

Don't blame you for being confused though. The wording isn't great and leaves out valuable info.  A lot of these need to be rewritten and to a certain extent redesigned.

Evasion: 

For the purpose of this SAO system, Evasion works in conjunction with the sprint stat, and allows you to better evade incoming attacks. Against most random monsters in a non GM topic, that would involve just rolling a six or higher. Against a GM controlled opponent or another player that involves beating their attack roll. Evasion is the riskiest of the defense attempts, as failure means taking the full measure of damage, minus whatever your armor would reduce. However, success means completely evading the incoming attack/damage, so some might consider it a fair trade off. Much like Block, a player may then make an attempt at a counter attack. In this case both rolls are made from the Battle Die, with Skill and Equipment bonuses factored in.

Yikes! Ok, I have no idea why that's written like that.  I assume its left over from one of the older systems before my time. Evasion is actually pretty simple.  It just reduces your opponents BD result when they made an attack against you by X amount.  If you have 3 points of evasion, anyone making an attack roll against you must subtract 3 from their result before determining if they hit or not.  Accuracy helps people counteract this.

From what i understood Evasion is really hard but can give you counter attack, parry use your battle die and blocking its hoping that he will get low result :P

So fix me if i'm wrong, parry is a post action that automatic reduce the damage by half if the enemy manage to hit. 

Then i can try to counter and make half damage to (even if the enemy miss because its count like a good parry).

So...if i get parry level 2...the enemy get -2 when he try to hit me while I am parry?

Evasion just add to my chance to get away passively without any disadvantages if i am not parry, but i can take only 1 level on it.

And blocking its just the bonus that i get from the items?

Sorry for the mess I making for you ^_^

You're almost there.  

Parry is just something you have to declare you're using.  You can do it whenever, but once you do you'll only deal half damage.  But also from that same point you only take half damage. You don't have to wait for someone to hit you before using it, by then it would be too late.  You can stop using it on any of your turns and then attack normally.  Parry has no skill ranks.  Once you have it, you have it.  It doesn't get improved in any way.

Evasion makes you harder to hit, forcing your opponent to incur penalties on their attack rolls.  Unlike parry evasion does have ranks. Other skills like sprint also give 1 point of evasion. Evasion is a fully passive skill and doesn't require you to do anything special.