[PP-F1] Music for the Soul

"Sure! I haven't had ribs in a long time! Although, I think I might settle for a burger." His stomach growled at the thought, and Garou almost thought it was a wolf for a second. He laughed at it and shoved Shanok playfully before entering the building. Inside, several players were eating in a dimly lit room, the only luminescence given by candles mounted on the wall. A bar of sorts was to their immediate front as they entered, while tables stretched to their left and right. Stools at the bar and several tables were open, awaiting for the players' choice of seating.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanok began to walk towards the bar, and sat on a stool, he then looked at the menu, wondering what he would choose to eat. "Hmmm... What should I take... Aaaarghh! Too much good stuff! I can't decide!" he yelled while everyone looked at him. "Garou!" he said while turning back to face him, "Choose something, and I'll take the same thing you do." he added.

Garou scratched the back of his head when Shanok started yelling, scaring the other customers. A sweat drop appeared on his head as all eyes turned towards him. "Um... I'll have a burger..." He awkwardly shambled over the booth as the bartender nervously prepared the food. "You sure are loud..." Garou said as he looked at the wood of the bar, a grin slowly spreading across his face as if it were a huge cut.

• 1 month later...

"Well, you know... I haven't had anything to eat for a while... And there's so much stuff that looks good too..." he replied to Garou. "I guess I'll take a burger too then!" he added, happily smiling as if it had been a week since he last ate something.

Shanok could barely stay in place waiting for his food, he kept moving and was tapping the floor with his feet. "How long are they going to make us wait... Aarrrrghhh! I'm so hungry..." he said right as the waitress was bringing them their food. "Oh, finally!" he said while happily taking a bit out of his burger.

Garou halted his consumption and brought up his HUD menu, sending a document enclosed to Shanok.

After the other boy read the guild information, the purple-haired boy spoke once more. "So how about it, mate? I don't want another incident like the Red Diamond Hunt... I still have nightmares about Amtrum..." Garou shivered at the thought of his first friend in SAO, and how he was lost forever unknowingly.

"Yeah I'll join, I mean, being in a group is better than being alone, without anyone to remember you if something happens..."

he told Garou, looking down at his plate, just staring at it. "I may be kind of awkward with other people though, I've always been like that, not really the talkative type, except with people who I get along really well with... I guess that means we get along pretty well." he added, still staring at his food, a smile could now be seen on Shanok's face.

The chained boy finished his burger and clapped Shanok on the back. "Yeah, we fit together quite well. And don't worry- we're all misfits in our little cliche." He tutted to himself as he paid off the col for their food and stood up, stretching. "We'll be heroes. And we'll surely leave a legacy for others to remember." Garou gave his pal a determined smirk, his green eyes glinting in the dim candlelight, free from Aincrad's sun for the moment.

Garou almost grimaced at the sound of a base. "Unfortunately, not yet. Apparently, we can't officially own property in Aincrad until Floor 10." He ordered a foamy drink of root beer, downing it in a single gulp. "For the most part, we'll party up and set up camps. If there is some trouble going on, we'll fix it."

In response, Garou shrugged. He didn't really have much of an idea, but it didn't take long for one to hit him. I should learn a new song! He smiled to himself as he turned his back on Shanok, traveling down a paved road. "I think I'm going to learn a new beat on my violin. If it would please you, you may tag along."

The guild leader strode out confidently, now feeling almost invincible. He continued walking with a Shanok in tow until he reached a two-story wooden building with a lute carved into it above the entrance door. Inside the lute read:

MUSIC STORE FOR LOSER PERFORMERS

Garou grinned up at the sign before taking off his wide hat and stepping inside, looking around to see a nearly empty room save for a few girls giggling, holding flutes.

The Chained Werewolf squited his eyes and frowned at Shanok all serious-like. "Wow, really man? Really? You have to be That Guy in front of all these people?" After glaring at him for a few seconds, he laughed himself. "Ah, just kidding, shorty. Now, where can I learn a new song?" Garou called out the last bit to the giggling girls in the room, causing them to disperse and act like nothing ever happened. "What the... Excuse me...?" The women were blatantly ignoring Garou.