(SP-F1) Blacksmith Apprentice (Earning a Living) [COMPLETE]

"1000 col,2000 col.....2300 col. So little col,so many things to buy. Where art thou treasure when I need thee!" Yuji sigh at his misfortune. An hour before,he walk around when his eyes fix on a perfect quality sword dye in obsidian-crimson colored sword on a window shop. He hurriedly went in to buy it,only to be rejected by the player who run the shop for having not enough col. The player even gave him a dirty look,further inflicting wound in his heart.

"Noooooo,that swooooooord." Tears begin forming in his eyes as he look at the beloved sword from afar. He sigh one more time and walk away. He let his foot lead him for he don't care where he will end up too. He then feel something solid and he fall to the ground.

"Watch where you going!" Yuji say,blaming whoever he bump into. He look up and surprise to see a tall and huge figure. In his hand are a hammer and he wear an apron. "Did you say something just now,brat?" His voice sounds like thunder,Yuji cower a little. He swear that he almost piss in his pants. "No,sir. Sorry for my rude intonation just now,I did not mean it."

"So what's with the getup sir? You look like a blacksmith I always encounter in their shop." 
"Well brat,if this kind of cloth is not for blacksmith,then I have no idea what is it for. What do you want anyway,I don't have time to waste on you."

Harsh,but it's his fault for that behavior. He doesn't have anything to say to the man actually...when his mouth suddenly spew out words even he cannot comprehend himself. "Teach me the way of blacksmith sir. With your guidance I know I can become one." Yuji blink,why the hell did that word come out,he not even sure himself. But when he think more,maybe it come from his deep desire after watching the weapon created by the blacksmith from the shop earlier.

"Well brat,I don't know what you are talking about. I think I understand but at the same time I don't. I'm not a teacher anyway,go find someone else."
"Please sir,I'll do anything to become one!"
"Anything...huh...Well brat,I'll give you a test then."

"Blacksmith needs determination. I'll test you on that. Go find me 3 <Iron> in the cave near the forest.Be quick and careful,I need the iron to craft a sword but I don't want a life fly away. I'm not taking any responsibility here."

"Yes sir....but I don't have any pick to mine those ore...."

"What a pain in the butt. I'll let you borrow mine,but if you lost it,prepare your cols...."

"Thank you,I'll be back in a flash."

With that said,Yuji rush to the said cave. How hard is it to mine an iron,right?

He run past players and mobs alike without any regards about them. Mobs chase him,but try as they might because Yuji won't bait an eye to them. His focus would only be gathering the iron,no more no less that the amount require. He arrive there within minutes without the help of any skill. His feet carry him to the entrance of cavern with speed as fast as wind. He peer inside the cave,pitch darkness obstruct his view. He steel his will and go inside.

Cold air flow in the caver,water drip can be heard once in a while. His eyes as sharp as eagle,trying to spot any minerals or mobs in his way. Sounds of clattering can suddenly be heard. He draw his sword, <Crimson Flash> with no hesitation. He stand still,waiting for the source of the noise come at him.

No less than a second,white figure come out deep from the cavern. Ghost? White goblin? He raise his guard,trying to confirm the unknown object.

Thin,white bone holding a sword come out from the darkness. Animated skeletons or the more popular RPG term Skeleton mobs. Kayaba knows his stuff when it comes to RPG.

Not giving the initiative to the skeleton,Yuji rush forward. He feel the hardness of the rock as he run forward. Without no mercy,he land a heavy blow on the skeleton's shoulder. The hard bone safe the monster from getting the sword through even if Yuji try to push it down. The skeleton slash swiftly,in response to that attack Yuji jump backwards,air rush that is produce from the slash can be feel.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 17/17
Skeleton: 2/6

•  

Yuji land with his left foot,in which he proceed to push his foot to the ground and shift the weight of his body to the sword as he fall . He raise his sword and immediately jump forward. As if an arrow,Yuji approach the skeleton with great air resistance. Air rush at his body and face,he enjoy it a bit as he getting closer to skeleton. He slash downward with great force aiming at the head,as if dropping a heavy bag of sand. The skeleton didn't avoid,or rather it can't due to high speed of the action. In instant it shatters to piece.

He continue forward as if nothing happen.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 17/17

Skeleton: DEAD

He look to the left and right. He see nothing but rock,rock and more solid rock. He try touching the solid wall,cold sensation reach his hand. His body warmth is lower in this cavern. A little heat would help him if he found one. He continue walking forward until he see something shine at the end of a corner.

He walk towards it to investigate the shining object. He arrive there to find ores that haven't been mine yet. He sheathe his sword and slide his finger in the air,bringing up the menu;an action he could never get used to. He scroll to his inventory and equip the pick he borrowed earlier. He start mining without wasting any second. Metallic sound can be heard as it echoes in the cavern. He use too much energy for his first attempt as he can't control the power he use; a common mistake first timer always do. Despite that,he got the first iron.

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

<Get 1 iron>

A window message appear,informing him the iron is in his inventory. He close the message and continue looking for the ores. On his way deeper he found a player or what looks like it. He can't determine it due to sheer darkness in cavern. Yuji ask for information regarding the ore. The unknown tell him he can defeat iron skeleton to get the thing he want,albeit it's a bit tough. Yuji thank the unknown and wish it safe travel. With the new information he keep his eye out for the ore or the said mobs.

A short walk and he arrive at split path. There are three way he can take from here; continue forward,go left or go right. Leaving his fate to whoever is up there,he go to the left. He continue further the path but found nothing. He have difficulty breathing as he go deeper;a sensation that is hard to produce for they need not air to live in this game. The feelings are surreal nevertheless. He reach a dead end,but not without any reward;an iron skeleton wait for him to strike him down. Smiling at himself for the skeleton defenselessness,Yuji land a sneak attack behind it just after he draw his sword with lighting speed. His sword stuck at the skeleton body though;it spin and slash him in the chest. Yuji jump back,cloth torn a bit from the attack.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Yuji: 16/17
Iron Skeleton: 6/11

Despite being attacked,Yuji didn't falter. One or two weak strike won't take him down. His real concern lies on its metallic body and high HP;this rare mob have high defense one could tell from just a glance. Yuji jump,trying for a downward slash from above with gravity pull as a force that pull his sword downward. Failure awaits him as the skeleton defend himself with its sword. Their sword clash with the skeleton gain the upper hand. Yuji was thrown back as a result of the clash while the skeleton use sword skill. A direct hit on his chest as the skeleton hit him.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Yuji: 14/17

Despite the slow movement,it has intimidating aura. For that coming from a rare mob and not boss itself amuse Yuji. He doesn't want to get caught in the aura. Confirming his resolve in becoming a blacksmith,he lunge forward with sword full of determination. The skeleton simply swing its sword to deflect the attack,putting Yuji to stumbling. The skeleton then proceed to stab Yuji. Yuji jump backward but not without damage as he can't dodge the attack.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Yuji: 13/17

"Offense is the best defense". Tired with jumping backward all the time,Yuji rush forward,ignoring his own safety. He slash at the leg and hand before hitting the head with a one handed sword skill 'Slant'. He put himself in cooldown motion,rendering him unable to move. The skeleton didn't have to try hard hitting Yuji.Heavy blow land on his shoulder; pain can be feel around that area. Yuji close his eyes and endure it. When he regain control of his body,he put distance between him and the skeleton.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 12/17
Iron Skeleton: 1/11

"One more hit and it will be the end for you,bone." Yuji throw his sword to the air,his right hand begin to glow yellow. He then rush forward with all fingers pointing forward,he jab at the skeleton. But his hand still glow;there's more to that attack. The sword,now above his head doesn't seem to be a problem to Yuji. He grab the sword,the glow from his hand transfer to the sword and he make a downward slash,as if he throw a meteor at his enemy. 

"Combined Technique: Meteor Fall"

Sword went through the iron skeleton with ease. The skeleton's HP diminish,and then blue fragment fly at Yuji. He sheath his sword,message window appear informing him he get the iron. He turn backward and proceed to the path that split earlier.

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Iron Skeleton: DEAD

<Iron 2/3>

Now at the split path,he look to the path that leads to the right. He throw a rock to see how far the sound will echo. He listen intently,the sound echo but not too far. He throw a stone to the path that leads forward. He listen again and he can hear the sound echo far. He took the path to right,once again leaving his luck to the goddess of fate.

He walk forward,hand at his sword. He want to prepare himself for whatever lies at the end of the road. His eyes catch something shiny,a shine that he recognize from earlier. He approach it to confirm what he saw. It is an ore that hasn't been mine yet. He equip his pick and mine it. Withgreat effort,he manage to mine 1 iron ore. Happy at his finding,he retrace his step and walk quickly to get out of this mine.

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

<Iron ore 3/3>

En route to the entrance,a skeleton block his way. Not wasting any more time,he draw his sword and deliver a slash at the skeleton but miss. The skeleton then use its shield to bash him but Yuji sidestep to evade. Both party prepare themselves for the next attack.

• Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Skeleton: 6/6

He then leap forward,like a cheetah hunting its prey;the skeleton raise its shield to block,but its too early for the skeleton to raise it. Yuji easily attack it by slashing past its shield,aiming for the lower part of the skeleton. The attack work,and the skeleton stumble backward. The skeleton then charge at him,using its shield as weapon. Yuji run to the left to avoid the attack.

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Skeleton: 3/6

Many time has pass since he begin his search on the iron ore,he can feel that. Waste anymore time on this abomination,and he'll totally lost his chance for apprenticeship. Yuji raise the sword near his face and open his leg wide. He close his eyes,breath in and breath out. The skeleton approach him slowly with its annoying clattering sound. He leap forward and run straight at the skeleton. The skeleton raise its shield again but he press forward. He then lunge at the shield and push through. A wooden shield,not so durable and not very thick makes it easier for the sword to push through. The sword went through the shield and stab the skeleton,ending its life. He sheath his sword and run towards the entrance.

• Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Skeleton: DEAD

After what seems to be eternity,he run back to the place he found the blacksmith earlier. His face describe how he feel right now;eyes getting red,he swear he can see steam going out from his ears. He cross his arm and tap his finger,waiting for the brat. "Sir,your...iron?" He smile as he hand out the iron.He hope that will calm him down a bit. "Took you long enough, I almost leave this place if it isn't for your determination that hold me back. Give back my pick too." He said that as he take the iron. "So do I pass the test?"

"Barely pass,now follow me. I can't teach you a darn thing here and I'm getting tired standing here like a crazy person." Yuji follow him as he walk.He enter a shop not far from the place they met. Yuji look up at the sign to see the name of the shop. It reads 'Slayers',the name send chills down his spine. He enter the shop quickly.