(SP-F6) Facing Your True Self (The Gemini) [COMPLETE]

F6. A floor he never go to before. A place called The Amazon,this medium sized village is covered in trees. House tree and tents can be seen all around the place. From far one can see old decayed columns surrounding this village. He's not there for sightseeing though. Rumor has it that a NPC can turn into the player it challenge to and bestow great reward once it is defeated. He want to see if the rumor is true. Before he go out,he buy 1 health crystal (restore 3 hp for 2 turn) from the shop nearby for 500 col."Gah,the price is too high. Well it's better than dying." 

He walk out from the safe zone,only to see more tress ahead. This whole floor is design to become sea of trees. Thanks to all the trees here,the air can refresh one's body when breath in. Yuji fatigue from all the battle and the stress accumulated disappear for a moment. He then walk forward,searching for the said NPC.

As he walk forward,a hooded figure approach him. He ask Yuji for a duel,promising him rewards if he can defeat him. "So this is the said NPC huh... Sure,I'll accept your challenge."

He then reveal himself. Yuji is not surprise as the person he is none other than himself. What he feared is the duel will be decided when one of them reach zero HP.

"This can't be good."

He prepare himself. Yuji draw his sword,same goes for his doppelganger .    

It's the start of battle and fate doesn't seem to side him. Doppelganger strike him in his chest with a basic sword. Despite being 'basic',it still hurt. On top of that it manage to land critical hit. Yuji on the other hand can't attack properly. He trip on a rock and miss his slash.

(ID No. 385) BD: 2  MD:10

Yuji: 14/17
Doppelganger: 17/17

Both party dash forward,they begin clashing swords in a very close range. Both of them can't land their attacks as both of it have the same skills and same techniques. Yuji slash to the left,the doppelganger follow it. It's a stalemate for that moment and both jump backward,preparing themselves for the next attack.

(ID No.386) BD: 3 MD: 4

Doppelganger: 17/17

This time,Yuji gain the initiative. As the doppelganger dash forward,Yuji throw his sword at the NPC. The NPC dodge the sword but Yuji plan for that. When it dodge,Yuji punch it with his martial arts skill and quickly grab his sword to slash at it. The doppelganger become angry and try to hit him,Yuji roll away from him and stand up.

(ID No. 387) BD: 6  MD: 3

Doppelganger: 14/17

Both party watch at each other with cold glare. Tense aura rise as both are determine to take each other down. Only the sound of birds and other wild animals can be heard. Both didn't produce any noise,not even the sound of their breath as if they are dead. The sound of something falling signal the beginning of their second sword clash. This time both manage to land attacks at each other. Yuji manage to slash its torso while the Doppelganger hit his shoulder.

(ID No. 388) BD: 8  MD: 8

Yuji: 13/17
Doppelganger: 11/17

During the clash,he step back to use the health crystal. The NPC successfully drive him to a tree without him realizing. The NPC hit him while Yuji is busy using the crystal. He curse himself for using it without considering the danger.

(ID No. 390) BD: 5  MD: 8

Yuji: 12/17
Doppelganger: 11/17 

(Gain 3HP)

He proud at himself for creating such a strong doppelganger. Of course that doesn't mean he will let the doppelganger kill him. He manage to  slash at the NPC who let its guard down. He take the damage but before it distant itself from Yuji,it manage to slash him one more time. Both receive damage and their HP reduce at alarming rate.

(ID No. 391) BD: 8  MD: 7

Doppelganger: 8/17

(Gain 3 HP)

Yuji then rush forward at his enemy. What happen next surprise him. The doppelganger throw its sword and Yuji. He dodge the sword,commenting that it is a foolish action. The doppelganger suddenly near him without him realizing. It punch him and grab its sword to slash him. Yuji is thrown to the left.

"Tch,so it can learn that move huh..I better take this seriously."

(ID No 393) BD: 3  MD: 10

Doppelganger: 8/17

Both HP are in the yellow zone. An attack will sent it down to red zone. Despite that,the NPC smile with confidence. Yuji on the other hand..... His worst nightmare manifest before him. A monster that he may not take down. He doesn't want to die here. He shout out loud and dash forward,he then spin his body and slash the NPC with both hand holding the sword. The NPC try to slash him when he spin,but its reaction is too slow,the sword hit it before the NPC could slash him.

(ID No. 394) BD: 7  MD: 2

Doppelganger: 5/17

(ID No. 395) BD: 6  MD: 9

The Doppelganger recover quickly. He then climb the tree. Yuji look up only to notice that it's missing. He look around,searching for that 'monkey'. As he look around,he can hear a swoosh sound from his behind,he look back but there's nothing there. He then notice his shadow is getting large,he look up to see the doppelganger is approaching him from above,sword pointing down aiming for his head. Yuji realize is too late and barely dodge the attack from landing on his head. It land on his shoulder,but the weight and the sheer amount of damage he receive almost make him faint. He slash at the NPC when he land to push him away. He succeed in doing that,giving him some space to prepare himself.

Yuji: 12/17
Doppelganger: 2/17

(ID No. 396) BD: 5  MD: 8

He still recovering from the damage inflicted on his shoulder. He can't focus on the battle,giving chance for the NPC to attack him. He try to make sure the NPC didn't get closer by swinging his sword randomly while stepping backward. It didn't work,the NPC close in with ease,dodging all the attacks. It then slash once more at his torso.

Yuji: 11/17

The NPC step backward. Yuji pant,the battle is taking toll on him. The longer the fight,the more he put himself in disadvantage. Both party look at each other,then they charge forward. Apparently both of them have bad luck as they trip on stone and fall together,face first.

(ID No. 397) BD: 1  MD: 1

Yuji: 11/17

The taste of sand.tasteless,gritty and yucky. The texture lingers in his mouth. He look up and see himself preparing to slash downward. Aiming for him,his face. That will definitely hurts.....He roll to the left,but not without damage; his back receive the damage instead. Yuji try to slash the leg,but his copycat simply jump to evade it.

"What's the matter? Is that all you got?" Even I can do better than you."

"If you really are me,then you will know how weak am I right now!"

"Yes.It's true that you are weak. But me, I am not like you.  I'm stronger than you can't ever imagine!"

"What a lousy copycat,and cocky one at that...."

(ID No. 398) BD: 4  MD: 8

Yuji: 10/17

Yuji stand up. His back is totally expose to attack. His doppelganger land another slash at the same spot,further inflicting deep wound. His HP is now in the yellow zone. Yuji spin with his sword and make a quick backward slash. The NPC block with its sword and jump backward.

(ID No. 399) BD: 3  MD: 10

Yuji: 7/17

His strength has fade away,he can't no longer lift his sword properly. His view darken with every second... Doppelganger just walk at him and slash his torso. Yuji try to counter,but he can't....

(ID No. 400) BD: 1  MD: 10

Yuji: 4/17

HIs screen flashing red,HP in red zone. Yuji walk towards the doppelganger slowly,he lift his sword halfway through to slash at the the doppelganger, but the doppelganger push the sword away slowly and hit him instead with a punch to his stomach.

"Pathetic. If you won't fight,then there's no need to continue this battle. Don't you worry,I'll be sending you to heaven with another slash. Your death will be quick and less painful...."

(ID No. 401) BD: 1  MD: 7

Yuji: 3/17

He can feel the Grim Reaper at his side now. His mind think of his happy moments...Although there's none in this game,those happy moments in his real life is all hE need for his last moment. He close his eyes and wait for the last strike...

".......th.."

"Bro....."

"Brother.....

"Brother!!"

"!!!!!!"

"No! Not even death will stop me! This is my promise to myself!"

"Just you wait,I'll fulfill my promise to you,my sister!"

"You want a fight,myself?! Then so be it!"

"Did you really think you could beat me?" In your puny condition right now? Amusing,let us see if you can do that!"

"I won't die here! Not by my own shadow. I'll go back to my family and say 'I'm back' with a smile on my face!

"Prepare Yourself!"

"One-Handed Sword Skill: Rage Spike!"

Sword glows blue with brilliant light,as if the heaven bless the sword itself. Time flow comes to a halt,no more voice can be heard by Yuji. Like a spear thrown with blinding speed,Yuji charge forward with his sword at blinding speed. He close the distance in just a matter of second. With a shout that roars heaven and hell,Yuji push the sword through his Shadow's heart. He doesn't let it end there,his left hand glow yellow.

"Martial Arts Skill: Embracer!"

His left hand pierce his left torso. His post-motion state for his sword end. He pull out the sword and activate another skill.

"One-Handed Sword Skill: Horizontal!"

He pull his left and spin his body around,giving time for him to fully activate the skill. Once charge fully,he slash horizontally at the enemy. He then stay silent with his back facing the enemy.

"Congratulation. You have done a great job...."

With that,it shatter to piece.

(ID No. 402) BD: 6  MD: 2  LD: 17

Yuji: 3/17

Doppelganger: DEAD

"Congratulations!"
"You gain the skill <Concentration>!"

"Thank you,my shadow self. You taught me not to give up.... Even if you are down to last health..."

Yuji kneel,he don't want to faint there. If he faint,who knows what will strike him.

"Well,time to head back..."

Yuji stand up by supporting himself with his sword. He then walk slowly to the safe zone....