SP: F1- <<Blade of Dreams>> Quest (Complete)

Battle: 8 (Nathaniel hits for 2 damage, killing the boar)

"I am SO DONE WITH YOU!" He shouted, bringing the blade down into the boar's neck, killing it.

"Am I...Am I finally done with this stupid pig? Really? Awesome."

Loot: 13 (Boar Hide)

Opening the loot menu, and finding a Boar Hide, Nathaniel puts it in his inventory, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Well, at least that part's done. Now I can move on to the mine..." He said, breaking into a brisk walk towards the location marked on his map.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arriving at the entrance to the mine tunnel, Nathaniel surveyed the rock around it, which had a dusky quality to it that he'd not seen in rock before. Perhaps that was the visual part of what made this "Duskmetal" stuff so good.

He strode up to the entrance, looking inside. He could see some movement inside, with the flickering of the torches the lined the walkways. Stepping carefully into his first Micro-Dungeon, he raised his sword slowly into a defensive position, before hearing a quiet, "crack" like his joints sometimes made if they were stiff and then suddenly moved, and turning to see a skeleton jogging towards him, mining pick in hand.

Battle: 6 (Nathaniel hits for 2 damage, killing the skeleton)

With Nathaniel's quick reactions and agility (Sprint) he managed to get his strike in first, and then parry the pick as he stepped back away. The pick continued past him as the skeleton flew apart with his strike.

Loot: 2

When he went to loot the monster, though, he found that this one didn't have any of the Duskmetal Ore on it.

"Well, next in line, I suppose." He grunted, looking down the tunnel at the skeleton next deepest in, which hadn't noticed him yet.

Battle: 1 (Nathaniel done goofed)

As Nathaniel rushed down the tunnel towards the skeleton, his footsteps echoed, alerting the skeleton, and its nearby friend, to his presence. The skeleton turned to knock his blade away, and knee him in the guts, which sent him tumbling up to the wall, where he only just pushed himself to his feet as the two skeletons went to gang up on him.

Mob: 3 (misses Nathaniel) 

Mob: 8 (hits Nathaniel for 1 damage)

The first skeleton's strike missed, ringing out as the pick landed next to Nathaniel's head, and chipped away at the wall, while the second one stabbed into his right upper arm with its pick, causing Nathaniel to grunt in pain and frustration.

"That was really impolite of you..." He growled, preparing to assault the skeleton that had hit him.

Mob: 1

Mob: 3

The skeletons TRIED to step around the cart. At least, somewhat. They still swung outside of critical distance though, and had no real chance of hitting Nathaniel. He then wheeled around and ran up the side of the wall for a few steps before jumping off and preparing to retaliate.

"Alright, now let's see how YOU like getting hit."

Battle: 1 (Nathaniel is effing pathetic)

The skeleton he was about to attack spun around, knocking his blade away with its pick, and swinging back at his head, almost driving the pick right into his brain.

"I'm glad I've always been a quick little guy..." Nathaniel muttered, while the skeletons prepared to swing at him again, and he readied himself to roll away.

Mob: 10 (Hits Nathaniel for 3 damage)

Nathaniel's confidence turned out to be a little more than is reasonable, as the skeleton buried its pick in his right thigh, hurting him badly.

"God D*** IT!" He shouted, unable to really move as the skeleton kept its pick lodged in him, "I will F***ING break you!" he roared in anger, winding up, his blade glowing in preparation for the use of a Sword Skill to destroy the skeleton.

Battle: 6 (Nathaniel hits for 2 damage, killing the Skeleton)

As Nathaniel yells in rage and pain, he drives his blade through the skeleton hard enough to scatter its bones all over the room like little tiny bowling pins. Sinking to his knees, he pulled the pick out of his leg with a grunt of pain, and opens the loot menu.

Loot: 1 (and 7, from the earlier kill)

Finding that neither skeleton had any Ore, he groans in frustration.

"I've come all this way out here to find that I can't friggin' get any ore from the bloody skeletons..." Then he realizes that he's got a mining pick sitting right next to him...

Loot: 7 (no ore successfully mined)

Nathaniel takes the pick and begins swinging away at the wall, trying to dig into an Ore Vein. After swinging at it for a good while, he makes no headway.

"Jeez *pant* I thought this would *pant* be pretty *pant* easy..."

Taking a firmer grip on the pick, he goes to try his hand at it again.

Loot: 3 (no ore mined)

After taking another several minutes to annoy himself and chip away at the rock, he nearly throws the pick down in frustration.

"I just want my frickin' metal, so I can get my FRICKIN' sword, so I can survive this FRICKIN' GAME!" He says, punctuating each, "frickin'" with another swing of the pick. 

Sighing, he turns to the wall again. "Well...third time's the charm, they say..." he mutters, going to work for a while again, giving it one last shot.

Loot: 7 (no ore mined)

After wasting his time for another ten minutes, he sinks to his knees again, tossing the pick against the wall, where a small collection of rock shards have built up from Nathaniel's ineffectual attempts at mining. Hearing movement behind him, Nathaniel freezes, turning his head slowly around to see a skeleton that has wandered its way into the chamber he's in. It looks at him. He looks at it. They both go to attack, the skeleton chattering, and Nathaniel yelling in frustration.

Due to Nathaniel's superior speed (Sprint) He gets the jump on the Skeleton, and swings in before it can.

Battle: 3 (Nathaniel misses)

The skeleton leans back to avoid Nathaniel's brute stroke, before punching him in the jaw, and knocking him back with the impact. The skeleton chatters at him, a dead intelligence in its hollow eyes as it goes to swing at him again.

Mob: 4 (misses Nathaniel)

Nathaniel raises his blade to block the skeleton's clumsy strike, pinning the pick against the wall, while the skeleton chatters at him, and tries to free its pick. It goes to punch him again, attempting to knock him back, but this time Nathaniel catches the punch, and the two stand there, locked in place, matching each other.

Battle: 2 (Nathaniel misses)

Nathaniel stays locked in the clench with the skeleton for another 8 seconds before finding the strength to shove the skeleton's punch away, and elbow it across the jawbone, he then steps to press his back against the wall of the tunnel, so that it can't get behind him. As the skeleton recovers from the impact, it looks at him with hate in its eyes.

Mob: 10 (hits Nathaniel for 3 points of damage)

The skeleton takes advantage of Nathaniel's limited mobility, and drives his pick into a gap between his leather vest and his collarbone, pinning him to the wall as it grabs ahold of his right arm with its off hand. It looks into his eyes with its empty sockets, as if to say, "You're going to die now, Nathaniel. You're going to die in this meaningless game, and you will have meant nothing. Your whole, worthless life...Nothing."

"NO!" Nathaniel shouts, "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! I will NOT die like this! NO!"

Battle: 7 (Nathaniel hits for 2 damage, killing the skeleton)

Nathaniel begins getting desperate, as his HP dip deep into the red zone. He headbutts the skeleton, staggering it back and forcing it to release him, kicks it in the pelvis, knocking it back further, punches it in the jaw with his left hand, and then cuts down and across its chest with his sword.

Hyperventilating, he falls to his knees, terrified. He looks down at the wounds he's suffered...how close he is to death...

Shaking himself back to composure for a moment, he loots the monster.

Loot: 17 (Duskmetal ore)

Retrieving this one piece of ore, he laughs bitterly, shaking his head, and walks out of the mine.

"Time to go take a rest for the day..." He says, beginning to weep.

"So close...I came so close..."