[PP-F1] New Starter City [MacGrath]

"I hate this, I'm not good talking to people. I have to try to worm my way out this situation." Russell thought. Talking to others was as hard as beating this game, he thought. "What's wrong? Hey listen, if something not right, tell me I can help you." "I wish I could just shrink to the size of the ant right now, I hate this." Taking a deep breath, he spoke again a bit louder than last time. "I'm f-fine, I promise."

Upon hearing what the player said, MacGrath smiled, "Okay, that's fair enough, it's not easy talking to people we haven't met, but along the way, we will have to talk to people to help us, I understand what your feeling, I can help you." He said to him, "What do you say, want some help talking to people?" He asked him with a friendly smile.

"What do you say, want some help talking to people?" "You would really help me?" Russell asked, surprised about the offer the boy gave to him. "Wait a minute, why is he being so nice for no reason? There is always a reason, I can tell. I'll play along for now." He nodded, not showing that he was suspicious of the offer.

"My name is MacGrath, got it memorized?" "Yep, I got it memorized." Looking around, Russell made a mental note to bring out his sword at a moment's notice and run as fast he could. "I have to be wary, most people don't have the best of intentions." Sighing, he looked back at the player hoping that his suspicions were wrong.

"Well, how long have you've been having trouble speaking to people?" "I don't think this is something you can fix like that, it takes time and I don't know why, but I'm just not good with people. This is definitely a trick, he's planning something nefarious. I'll have to improvise for now." It was at this point Russell noticed that MacGrath was looking right at him. "Does he know I know? Or maybe I'm just being a bit too paranoid on my part."

MacGrath looked down at the ground with a sigh, "Your thinking that I'm planning something evil aren't you? Well, your wrong, the reason why I'm helping you is because something happened to me when I started this game." He said looking at the the sky. He explained what happened to his friends that joined him in SAO, they were going on some adventure until one of betrayed them, MacGrath witness the horror of his friends murder and MacGrath manage to get to safety. "So, you see why I'm helping some people, I don't usually tell this story." He said, looking at the player. "By the way, you haven't told me your name, what is your name?" He asked with a smile.

"Baseless conjecture that's what I think." Russell muttered to himself. "Usually a story like this would be why someone hates life, or is always vengeful, not why someone helps others in need. Seriously, I think he either really believes this or I'm probably paranoid thinking this at this point, he's lying and he wants to do something nefarious. I probably shouldn't tell him that the story doesn't relate to-"By the way, you haven't told me your name, what is your name?" The train of thought Russell had was interrupted by question MacGrath had. "My name? Um its.. er..." "Oh god I forg- No, I remember. Its Russell, both IRL and in-game." Coughing, he muttered his name. "Russell"

"Err... N-nice to meet you too.." Russell noticed MacGrath looking up at the sky with a sigh. "Why is he sighing and what's so interesting about the sky?" Looking, up he then saw the sky two shades darker than before. "The sun is setting. Not really, its virtual." He looked back down at the floor, and mumbled to himself. "Everything is virtual here."

"I er.. t-trust you." Russell fibbed. He didn't want to be rude, but he also didn't want to explain why he didn't trust him. "He should know it isn't personal, I just find it hard anybody will help me out of the good of their heart. I'm not useful to anyone, so its not like anybody will want me on their side. I should just tell him the truth."

MacGrath sat down again, "What is going on? Why do I have... I can't think right now" MacGrath thought, his head is all over the place. "Listen, I dont know whats going on right now, but there is one thing you should know. I trust you, I'm helping as much as I can, just give me a chance. I wont do any evil, I'm not like that. I'm in a good guild, if you want, you can join in, I'll put in a good word." He said to him.