[SP-F6] Fighting Inner Doubts (Complete) <<Calming the Soul>>

As this is a quest, the perma roller will be used for this thread.

Tristan walked across to a giant waterfall called The Waterfall of the Sage. Apparently it was meant to relax players when they look into it, something he very much needed.

Ever since that fight and loss with Firebrand, he had found his self-confidence crushed. it further perpetuated the self-doubt he had during the fight, his loss confirming to himself that he truly was useless. Useless!

There was no way as he was that he could fight the boss. There was no way that anything he did would make him any better. Sure he had some good gear, but his level was low and his darned weapon terrible compared to something like Hell Rose!

Tristan slumped back depressingly onto his back, then got back up after a while, having summoned the energy to continue.

"Why should I even live, its not like I am any use to anyone here alive..."

Tristan found himself at the waterfall. Usually one would regard in beauty the awe that was the waterfall, as the water ran down the cliffside, reflecting against the sunlight. Not Tristan though. He found himself completely unaware, his emotions numb.

He walked to one of the platforms, where he sat and looked at the waterfall for five minutes.

Then ten.

Did it matter how long?

About 20 minutes later, a voice came.

"You are troubled."

Tristan looked up, lured out of his thoughts. He wasn't quite sure who spoke. "What?"

"You are troubled, plagued with doubt. You think you cannot win, to save your friends. And I will tell you now. What do I think? I think you are right. You are a failure who cannot protect what is dear to him. You cannot protect your friends, your guild.

You. are. USELESS!"

Tristan screamed "NO!!" as he jumped up, looking wildly around him for whatever it was that was talking to him. It was...himself. A shadow of him, but with red eyes and black hair. Like the Gemini, but....so much more malicious.

"You...foul beast. Go back from whence you came!" Tristan ran towards them, punching the water falling. The shadow laughed.

"You cannot beat me without beating yourself. I am an embodiment of your negative emotions, the doubt that took over your apathy! I. AM. YOU!!!"

"NOOOOOOOO!!!" Tristan withdrew his spear, charging at the shadow. Combat had begun against himself.

Tristan 19/19 Dmg: 5 +1 Bleed. Evasion 3. Dmg Mit 3. Accuracy 2.

Shadow 19/19 Dmg: 5. Dmg Mit 2. Evasion 1.

He charged straight into the Shadow, which got knocked out the waterfall by a horizontal slash of the spear, sending them flying. They did not wear his gear and was dressed much like Gemini, though with the change in appearance with the red eyes and the black hair. Tristan knew these were his doubts bundled and that he had to combat them.

"I'll take you on!" "Hmph, bring it then."

[iD 785 BD 6+2-1=7. Damage 5-2=3]

Tristan 19/19

Shadow 16/19

The shadow was quick to shoot out their spear in retaliation, almost feeling like the spear was bundled with pure hate.
The spear would have got him real good too, but Tristan managed to slink away from it so that it only glanced him, though it did still do damage on him.
"My aren't you slippery? See if you can keep up with YOURSELF!"

[iD 789 MD 9-3=6. Damage 5-3=2]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 16/19

Tristan thrust his spear again at the shadow, slicing their arm. He could feel himself becoming empowered each time he damaged the shadow, like he had a grasp of himself. His confidence grew as his shadow showed the first signs of dissipation. At this rate it won't he much longer.
"I...I...I can..."

[iD 790 BD 6+2-1=7. Damage 5-2=3]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 13/19

The Shadow grew enraged, which wasn't surprising for something that is an embodiment of negative emotions mind you. Tristan grinned slightly as he easily dodged the spear that came at him.
"You'll have to do more than that to get me!" he exclaimed as he stepped back into a defensive stance ready for anything.

[iD 789 MD 4-3=1. Miss]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 13/19

Tristan attacked once more, though this time missed his attack. He cursed under his breath as he stood back up and pointed his spear at the shadow, annoyed at himself for missing so badly. Tristan got back into stance to take the next attack from wherever it came.

[iD 826 BD 1+2-1=2. Miss]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 13/19

Tristan thrust his spear into the shadows abdomen, now causing major damage and opening a wound. He showed no mercy to himself, weird as it sounded. He had to fight these inner demons of his if he were to ever overcome the fear he had and the doubt that plagued him.

[iD 828 BD 8+2-1=9. Damage 6-2+Bleed=4]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 9/19 Bleed for 1dmg, 1 turn left

Tristan was filled with glee, this fight was going extremely well for fighting their own inner demons. Almost too well.

That's because it was. His wound closed, stopping the bleeding. "HAHAHAHA!! YOU thought fighting yourself would be that easy?! THINK AGAIN FEEBLE MORTAL!"

Tristan felt like his head was splitting open from a headache, crying out in pain, gripping onto the sides of his head. His mind flashed with all the negativity of the past few days.

The Desperation, the lack of confidence, the self-defeatism. It was all racing through his mind.

"Nooooo!" "YES! This the real you! The one who cannot defend his friends for what they are worth."

Tristan 17/19 Stunned for 2 turns (including this)

Shadow 8/19 

Tristan cried out as he found himself unable to move, pinned by quite literally an explosion of emotions. He couldn't think straight, it was too much!

"Give in to your weakness! Let it become your strength! FEED that hatred!" The shadow screamed at him as Tristan held his head.

"Go away! Go away! You should not be part of my LIFE!"

The shadow laughed "Oh but I am....I am a part of you! I am you! So feel that burn against your very inner soul!"

Tristan screamed in pain, but with no one around to hear him.

Tristan 17/19 Stunned for 1 turn (including this)

Shadow 8/19 

Tristan roared and got himself up, pointing his spear in the air. He stood up, knocked the shadow away with his shield, then swung the spear at the shadow. He missed completely, however he didn't care. The feeling was there and he felt it, ready to take on the world. With this, he had newfound strength to beat them. He didn't care if he lost.

He didn't care if he was forgotten.

What mattered is that he had done something, regardless of the repercussions.

"Take me if you can! I won't let you get the best of me!"

[iD 900 BD 2. Miss]

Tristan 17/19

Shadow 8/19 

The Shadow roared in rage as Tristan fought back the control on him which the Shadow had cast. "You DARE fight back at yourself?! Fine, I'll take you on!"

The shadow attacked Tristan, but missed completely, clearly the rage clouding their judgement of aim. This just made it all the easier for him, Tristan readying his spear for the next attack, holding the shield Alkor had gifted him tightly in his hand. It was things like this shield that reminded him that not only did he help others, but people helped him. They would work as a team together.

[iD 902 MD 2. Miss]

Tristan 17/19

Shadow 8/19

Tristan said nothing in response, now fully honed on taking this shadow down. He charged forward with his sword and shield, piercing the shoulder of the shadow and leaving them in the red. Tristan could already see the end to this fight, he knew it.

"Give in now. Expel yourself from me and I will leave you for whatever you are." Why he showed mercy to his embodiment of negativity he had no clue.

[iD 903 BD 8-1=7. Damage 5-2=3]

Tristan 17/19

Shadow 5/19

The Shadow laughed and charged at Tristan right back at them, punching them. The spear was no longer even an option, as the shadows hands were destroyed from damage. "I will never give in! I will never lose! NEVER!!"

They punched the shield at full force, but Tristan deflected the hit with great ease, letting his fist draw back from the pain. He grew angrier with every miss, but Tristan did not buckle from the pressure.

[iD 906 MD 6-3. Miss]

Tristan 17/19

Shadow 5/19

Tristan nearly hit the shadow with a shield bash, but missed by a hair's width, which was greatly frustrating. He stepped back, regarding the shadow. With the shadow having no weapon, at this point it was a mercy killing of a part of himself. How he felt effectively abandoning a part of him he didn't know, but he supposed he would just have to deal with it.

Tristan readied his shield to block the Shadows next attack, staring at them intently.

[iD 907 BD 6-1=5. Miss]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 5/19

The Shadow sent a powerful fist at the shield, but instead had their fist enveloped in flame, the shadow crying out in pain from the burning of their hand. "How DARE you! I will crush you for your insolence!"

They sent another fist at the shield, but again met the same result. He withdrew back, defeated from the attack, and Tristan prepared to attack the Shadow with his spear at the ready. He hoped this fight would end soon.

[iD 914 MD 10-3=8. Damage 5-5=0. Fire Thorns 2 burn damage to Shadow]

Tristan 17/19

Shadow 3/19

Tristan shouted as he brought his spear to swing at them, but missed the opponent. Tristan shouted in anger from missing and spun back around to face the Shadow. He was growing frustrated at this fight, but there was little he could do about it. Instead he resigned to waiting for them to attack again, his shield at the ready to block the attack.

[iD 917 BD 4-1=3. Miss]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow 3/19

The Shadow laughed at the miss and jumped for an overhead smash on Tristan, but he evaded to the side, meaning that the Shadow only hit the ground in frustration beyond all else. Tristan chuckled slightly to himself and pointed his spear at his opponent, ready to engage them again.

"You're looking frustrated there." "Of course I am! I will not let you WIN!"

Tristan chuckled. He could not let them win either, for he had people to help.

[iD 930 MD 5-3=2. Miss]

Tristan 17/19

Shadow 3/19

Tristan shouted "Bring it on!" as he attacked the Shadow.
"To defeat myself, I have to embrace it. This is exactly what I am doing."
Tristan charged forward with his spear and slammed the spearhead into their shoulder. The shadow was sent flying back helplessly, severely damaged and on their last legs. Tristan gave the shadow a final stab until it dissipated into nothing.
"Goodbye."

[iD 941 BD 10-3=7. Damage 5-2=3]

Tristan 17/19
Shadow DEAD

COMPLETE

2 Skill Points (1 Quest Reward 1 RP Completion Reward)

400 Col (Page Completion Reward)

<<Meditation>> (Quest Reward)