[SP-F2] Choosing a profession!

Choosing a profession!

Panel 01

Ren was lurking inside a village within the second floor, when suddenly his attention was caught by a unusual No-Playable Character, or for short NPC. With heavy footsteps he started walking towards him, as he was curious about his role. He stopped right in front of him, narrowing his eyes before the NPC, showing a bit of skepticism towards it.

Panel 2

"Greetings sir, are you interested in making a carrier by having Alchemy as a profession?" the NPC asked Ren whilst opening a window with a bunch of details, containing a short description about the profession.

Alchemy

Short Description: Alchemy is the art of brewing potions and poisons by combining ingredients with matching effects. With a more thorough understanding of the ingredients, you can brew formulas which produce the effects of many magic spells and enchantments. While many potions are available for sale, knowledge of alchemy gives you more flexible, and potentially more powerful, potions than can be bought.

Panel 3

"Hmm..." Ren faintly muttered as he was slowly rubbing himself, underneath his chin. His eyes were moving rapidly while he was reading through the lines of the description.

"Will I be able to make health restoring potions?" he asked inquisitively the NPC. "I mean... will this profession really be useful for someone like me? I'm a simple man, not really into complicated stuff." he added a bit later with a sarcastic tone.

Panel 4

"Why sure mister Ren, creating healing potions are some of the basics within Alchemy. Later on you'll be able to brew all kind of things." he replied, "Even... dangerous ones." he added before letting out a hearty chuckle.

Ren was amazed by the complexity of the NPC, he was astonished that a program could possess such a personality. "What will I need in order to brew such fine potions?" Ren asked the NPC.

Panel 5

"Well in order to brew potions you will need to use a Alchemy table, but those are pretty much in every village or city. That won't really be a problem, the hard part about Alchemy is farming for the necessary ingredients. You wil need herbs, spices and other kind of stuff. Recipes are also hard to acquire within this place, especially the rare ones, but the result will be worth the time, sir." said the NPC while talking with Ren.

Panel 8

"Well then. I won't waste anymore time, I'm ready to accept the profession, so please do send it to me." Ren spoken before opening making a slight few gestures in order to open up his menu. He was eager to accept his new career, realizing this might open up a new path for him.

Panel 10

Without even prolonging the moment and with absolute no hesitation upon his next move, Ren had accepted the profession. His eyes grew larger whilst glittering against the window which was partaking the appearance of the next message.

You have obtained Alchemy.

Panel 11

A new road was now oppened for Ren. A road which will lead to either good or bad, depending how he will use his newly acquired skill. Before leaving, Ren nodded a few times at the NPC, thanking him for opportunity that he was given, even though he will revisit him a few times as he may stumble upon questions, or other kind of tasks.

Panel 12

"Well then... I shall head to a nearby Alchemy table, in order for me to hone my newly acquired skill, but I'll need to stop at a shop, I'll need to buy some regular herbs, at least for the basics of basics, I might be able to find something." Ren thought for himself, making a plan within his head.

Panel 13

Ren flicked his index finger a few times, pulling up the menu once more. Slowly he scrolled down all the way towards the map and selecting it. A greenish window appeared upon his face, indicating the shops within the village, slowly checkpoiting a few, making a route for himself.

Panel 14

He wandered a few minutes before entering this strange and rugged hut, its roll was nothing more then a shop which you could buy a great amount of basic herbs or other kind of strange ingredients used for brewing potions, more specifically within alchemy.

Panel 15

Ren knocked a few times on the door before entering. A old lady was standing there, a NPC which was in charge of selling these fine goods. "Hello, is this the alchemy shop?" he asked whilst looking towards his left then towards his right before looking back at her.

Panel 19

Ren walked outside the shop, the shine was slowly starting to set over the horizon, nightfall was about to come. He sighted for a second, looking a bit at his surroundings before taking his leave. "Twas a long day, I should really head for the inn and catch some sleep, I'll start working on my alchemy the next day." he thought to himself before heading towards a cheap inn.

Panel 20

From this day on, Ren was determined to increase his skill within Alchemy, doing so he will be practing every day, brewing all kinds of potions that will provide useful for himself. He will increase his skill, by either farming the materials required or by buying them, one way or another.

Complete