[PP-F8] Meeting Somebody New (Mayonaka)

Rebekah could not but help to notice the giant peaceful forest on the top of Florenthia Village in the giant tree. It was a great day out, as this was one of the floors where the temperature was not too extreme like the few floors directly below her. There was a nice breeze, and she found a place to sit on one of the branches, as parts of her hair was being blown by the wind. It was refreshing to have a day like this before the upcoming boss battle. She knew the dangers and hoped to spend one last day relaxing instead of preparing.

I couldn't help myself from wasting a perfect day like this. Plus there was so conveniently a giant tree that happened to be where I was at the moment. With a smile on my face I began to scale the tree with no effort at all. Finding footholds wasn't very difficult for me since I climbed trees practically for a living. Once high enough I crawled along the branch to the end and laid down, closing my eyes, and falling to sleep. I couldn't waste a perfect day to sleep after all. 

It was a quiet floor, and she could not help but to notice another player scaling up the big tree. It was quite rare to see someone scale up this high, but I guess she could not help it. Rebekah had watched her scale up this tree with ease, even she had a bit of trouble herself, but just by that pure ease she knew that she was a high level player, higher than her. The next thing she knew, she had climbed pass her branch, and continued climbing.

Somewhere she stopped, Rebekah could still see the girl crawling to find a nice spot to laid down to sleep. She did not want to bother her just yet, if she was looking for some rest, but she was interested in meeting her. Rebekah decided to climb up a few more branches to get to the top, perhaps she might wake up by the time she slowly makes her way to the top.

From below me I woke to rustling, someone was coming up this way. The guild coat I was wearing must have been too flashy as usual. It was pure white with blood red color outlining the trim. I didn't really like wearing such colors but I respected my guild enough to wear it, plus I was too lazy to take it off. I stood up slowly then positioned myself. Next, I fell backwards from the branch and caught hold of it with my legs, thus making myself hang upside down. I squinted and saw a girl climbing the tree. 

Rebekah looked up and saw a girl hanging down from the branch above. She was not expecting that and was completely shocked for a second. In fact, she had nearly fallen off the big tree as a result from it, but she was able to hold on, just barely. She took a deep breath to regain her composure, and thought did she notice me on the way up the hill, just as I had noticed her climbing up. She did not know the answer to that question, and did not want to fine out. She decided to climb to the same branch as she did before she would speak, as she was not the best climber in the world, even with the footholds.

A grin spread across my face when she looked up, I obviously caught her off guard. I was aware of her presence while I was sleeping, I saw her up here when I was climbing too. The girl was persistant though, and kept climbing up towards me. If she intended to fight me then she must either stupid or a really strong player. And from the looks of it she didn't seem as well a climber as I am. I noticed her having trouble with the footholds and perked an eyebrow at her. It's dangerous to be climbing all the way up here, if you fall you could die. 

Rebekah realizes the dangers of climbing to such an altitude, however, she was fairly certain the tree was part of the town, aka the safe zone. However, she was not going to test the theory out if she were to slip and fall. It was dangerous climbing up, but the view would be completely worth it. Of course, she managed to regain her composure, and pull herself up onto the branch that the other girl was on. She was thinking, have she seen this girl before? She did not recall, but decided to introduce herself nonetheless.

"Hello, my name is Rebekah."

Still hanging up side down I let my arms dangle free in the slight breeze. Things up here seemed to be more amusing to me than the ground was. The girl indeed had not fallen from the tree. She made it onto the branch I was on and introduced herself to me. Rebekah, my name is Mayonaka of The Knights of Blood. It's nice to meet you. I said, this is what I always said to other people I met. Even though she was a female I decided to do things the "normal" way and see where it went. 

Rebekah froze for a second, then decided to put piece by piece together. That guild armour, and the guild name, she was in one of the strongest guilds in all of Aincrad. How could she not have noticed that in the first place, she did not know why. She took a few seconds before being able to squeak out, "Nice to meet you too. What brings you up here on this tree today?" she asked the girl who was still hanging upside.

I sighed and swung forward, bringing myself upwards onto the branch in a flawless motion. I can't say really. Usually I sleep in normal trees during the day or hang out with Ryu but he's on a mission right now. Actually he's been on that mission for a couple months now, I'm starting to get worried...I said and noticed that I was rambling on and avoided her initial question. This tree looked like a good one to sleep on I guess. I looked over at her when I finished and noticed something, she looked just slightly startled. I let it go though. What are you doing up here?

"Well, you do not have to be that worried, players disappear and reappear from time to time. Hopefully, you can find him one of these days," replied Rebekah. Then she replied to her question, "Well, I heard this tree has one of the best views that have discovered so far, and I was looking for a place to relax out in the sun."

She should not be that surprised that she was not the only person who was up on this tree, quite frankly, ever place that had a beautiful view in Aincrad was never completely quiet, there was always somebody else there as well.

"It is a very nice place." she replied. and then she had realized that she had not introduced herself to the girl yet, "hello, my name is Rebekah." Unfortunately for her, the wind began to die down a tone bit, as she liked having her hair be blown by the wind just enough, but not enough to make a mess. Regardless, she was able to relax a lot more on the branch.

The question was would she want to stay here on this branch, or move, since it was such a comfortable position that she was lying in.

Rebekah? Oh right, you introduced yourself earlier! Silly me..I said as my cheeks flushed a small tint of red. It was an embarrassing mistake I always made, asking for people's names when I already knew it. The light breeze began to fade away, leaving my guild coat to hang off my body. Anyways, I'm going to go back to sleep if you don't need anything else? I asked, trying not to be rude to this girl. It was sad to say but I didn't feel like talking right now. 

There was nothing that she needed to talk to her for, as she had probably been planning on sleeping on such a nice day before Rebekah had ran into her. She was on this tree in the first place, since it contained a beautiful view. She walked back to where she had climbed up, and entered inside the shop inside the trunk. Maybe she would be still there after she was done shopping, but if not, she was not planning on bothering her.

The girl named Rebekah left quickly. It was probably easier to get down than climb up here. Mostly I found myself falling out of the tree rather than making a graceful exit. It was nice talking to you Rebekah! I called after her with a wave before she disappeared into the shop. I hadn't even realized there was a shop in the tree. I vowed to come back here one day and check it out. 

I sat back down on the tree branch and leaned back against the slightly curved end of it. This tree in particular had to be my favorite even though I just stumbled upon it today. I close my eyes and fell asleep in the tree until the sun set and through the night. 

After what it took to be an eternity, looking for the right cooking equipment to add to her shop, she opened the door back to the branch, and saw the girl that she was talking to earlier, was asleep. She wasn't planning on waking her up, but Rebekah had lost track of time in that shop, as there were a lot of things that she was looking at but did not buy. Maybe she would still be awake after this, or not.