Lotharian's Leather and Lace

On the outskirts of Delilah where the dandelions grew in abundance a wooden cottage with a brick chimney off to one side has been erected.  The sign above it in calligraphy states proudly in red lettering "Lotharian's Leather and Lace."  Inside is a mahogany floor newly installed and sanded down.  A potbelly stove heats the room as it blazes hot in the far corner of the building.  The walls are adorned with assorted creations and a long counter sits at the end of the main room where an order book is open to write down all the customer activity.

Will craft free of charge if materials supplied

Level 2 Tailor 27/40

1 = Epic Fail (1 EXP)
2-3 = Fails (1 EXP)
4-6 = Bad Item (1 EXP)
7-9 = Good Item (2 EXP)
10 = Uncommon Item (3 EXP)
11 = Rare Item (5 EXP)
12 = Perfect Item (8 EXP)

Good Quality - 100 Col

Item : Black rider's Gloves

Quality : Good

Description : Dark obsidian black with a white stripe along the knuckles the gloves are simply stylish.  With strong pads on the palms of the hands they resemble a pair of biker's gloves

Item : Traveler's Cloak

Description : A black velvet cloak with a silver clasp in the front.  Stylish for anyone wanting to wander the lands with some class.

Uncommon Quality - 200 Col

Item : Striker Boots

Quality : Uncommon

Enhancements : +1 Acc

Description : Dark colored leather boots styled with criss-crossed straps upon the ankles.

Item : Feral Gauntlets

Enhancements : +1 Damage Mit

Description : Fingerless gloves that cover half of the forearm as well.  Plated metal covers the back of them for defensive and blocking purposes.  This plate is scaled to avoid reducing dexterity of the wrist whilst moving and battling with them equipped.

Rare Quality - 300 Col

Perfect Quality - 500 Col

Walking into his new establishment Lotharian inspected all the tools of his new profession.  His shop had turned out pretty well in the end and he was happy to be part of the myriad of craftsman in the land of Aincrad.  As he stepped over to his his workstation he pulled some materials out of his inventory to begin his first day as a professional tailor.  Tanning the hide of an animal he had acquired material from Lotharian began the process of making the base leather.  As the material took the correct form he brought started to create it into a new piece of armor.

Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Crafting failed.  Gained 1 XP

Failing to create anything he was not discourage, it was his first attempt after all.

[Dice ID # 1149]

Taking out another piece of material Lotharian began the process again, as a beginner tailor he wasn't expecting a miracle.  Hopefully learning a bit from the first attempt this new endeavor would turn out better.  Carefully maneuvering his tools another form started to take shape.

Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.

A pair of gloves appeared on the workbench.  Checking the stats he noticed they were not anything with a bonus, but it was definitely an improvement from failure of any kind.  The dark black gloves were actually pretty stylish.  With strong pads on the palms of the hands they resembled a pair of biker's gloves from the real world.  Deciding to place them in the display case out front they were the first item available for sale within his shop.  A humble beginning to what he hoped would be a great storefront.

Item : Black rider's Gloves

Description : Dark obsidian black with a white stripe along the knuckles the gloves are simply stylish.  With strong pads on the palms of the hands they resemble a pair of biker's gloves.

Asagi yawned as the new day dawned upon Aincrad, he walked through the shop wiping down the display cases and enjoying the morning.  With a new day came the urge to fill those display cases up again and so as he finished preparations he wandered over to his workbench.  Taking out his tools Asagi took another material out of his inventory and began to go to work at his next attempt at quality craftsmanship.

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.

An utter failure, the final product didn't even look close to a completed piece of armor.  Quickly discarding the useless mess he cleaned off the bench to work upon his next project.

[Dice ID # 1168]

Not letting his early morning endeavor discourage him Lotharian concentrated and brought out another piece of tailoring material.  Luck seemed not to be with him this morning but he knew deep down that if he worked at it he could create something magnificent.  Stretching and tanning the hide he began the preparations for his next attempt.  This time he was taking every precaution and took the process slowly, he was going to take as long as it took to insure a quality product came out of his attempts.

Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Lotharian sighed as another total mess appeared before him, he hoped this wasn't indicative of work to come.  Throwing away the utterly embarrassing attempts he tidied up the store a little more to get his mind off of the failure of a morning he had endured at the bench.

Kazuya strolled up to this newly opened shop. 'Hmm... I wonder if he could make my cloak for me. I certainly hope so. I need this done within a few days.' He looked at the door and tested the handle to make sure it wasn't locked. Seeing that is was unlocked, He opened it and walked inside. He knocked on the doorframe and called, "Hello. Is this place open?" He walked to the front desk and leaned over trying to see if someone was manning the store. Somewhat bored and tired of waiting for his other items to be crafted, he opened up his HUB and messed around with different skill sets, waiting for somebody to appear that he could speak with.

As Lotharian had been taking his time tidying up the back rooms of the store he heard the sounds of moving around from the front.  A knock at the door resounded through the shop and the voice of his first real customer.  Happy about this new opportunity Lotharian strolled out to the front.  The first time he would be able to attempt work for another player was a bit of an exciting idea.  Getting behind his counter Lotharian placed his hands on the display and looked over to face his new client.

"Hey there, yes Im open for business.  In fact so newly open you happen to have the distinct honor of being my first customer.  So how can I help you my friend,  Name an item out of cloth or leather and I can make it here in my shop."

Kazuya looked at the player and messed with his HUB a bit more, opening his inventory and clicking on the hides he had acquired. "Hello. I was wondering if you could possibly make me a cloak out of these. There is a wolf hide and two boar hides just in case it doesn't really come out the way I'm hoping at the beginning." He set the hides on the counter. "I need them done rather quickly too. I have a boss fight beginning next month. I am hoping for it to be of perfect quality but I can just as easily settle for rare quality. The cloak will be of the name of The Cloak of the Forgotten. In perfect quality, it has +2 Damage Mitigation and +1 Evasion, but in rare quality, it has +1 Damage Mitigation and +1 Evasion. Do you think you could make it for me? I will pay you, even though you have that sign that says I don't as long as I bring materials."

"Don't think that should be a problem at all, lets see what I can do for you."

Lotharian took a look at the materials set out before him by the customer.  Picking them up he brought them back over to the workbench in the back.  Cracking his fingers and getting himself ready for process he hoped it would work out well.  So far he hadn't had as much luck as he had hope but this time it wasn't his materials on the line.  This was his first real customer, he was determined to create a masterpiece to thank him for the chance.  Carefully preparing the material pieces he began his work.

Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.

"Damn"

The process had failed, Lotharian put a frustrated hand up to his face passing his eyes over the tools before him.  Where had he gone wrong in the process?  Analyzing the possibilities he was hoping he could figure out the trick that veteran tailors used.

Taking another piece of material and stretching it out on the tanning rack.  Taking what he had learned from the previous attempt Lotharian took some time cautiously going through every part of the process.  As the final touches were being done to the new product he crossed his fingers mentally.  He hoped that he could do something magnificent for both the sake of his customer and the future of his business.

Rolled a 5 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Before him lay a mess of a product, though he supposed that something was better than nothing.  Looking at the bad quality item again he thought to himself that may that wasn't indeed the fact.  This was embarrassing.  Putting it to the side for future salvage Lotharian brought out the next material, if he failed at this last piece from the client he would just use some of his own materials, he was resolute in making this work no matter what.

Scratching at his head Lotharian tried to figure out exactly where he was getting this wrong.  As he inspected the equipment he tightened every screw and sharpened every blade just in case.  Readying for another attempt he hoped that luck would finally be on his side.

Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice

Utter failure again!  He was truly frustrated and he messed with his hair in anger at the situation.

Now taking out one of his own materials Lotharian yet again prepared for an attempt.  He was going to salvage this mess no matter what, it was utterly ridiculous how bad his luck had been.  It wouldn't stop him though, no way he was stopping until he made something worthwhile!

As another fine mess appeared before him Lotharian held in his anger and just sighed.  He would have to walk away for a moment and recollect his thoughts, maybe then he could figure out how he was going to make anything of this.  Was he not destined to be a tailor?  Or was he just getting the raw end of luck's favor today.

With the failures that came from previous attempts Lotharian hoped he could pull this off and give the customer what he wanted for an item.  His reputation as an up and coming tailor was on the line with this one.  As he took some of the materials he had in storage Lotharian began again trying to make what he set out to.

As the object formed a cloak that didn't look all too fancy appeared.  It looked stylish as the black velvet flowed.  As he inspected it Lotharian realized it yet again failed to be anything more than a pretty object.  Hitting his hand against the workbench he was beginning to get frustrated.

Item : Traveler's Cloak

Description : A black velvet cloak with a silver clasp in the front.  Stylish for anyone wanting to wander the lands with some class.

One more time he told himself, taking each stitch, each movement he was taking into consideration.  He had to do this or else both himself and his shop could lose the respect of the players right off the bat.  As the materials glowed upon the bench Lotharian noticed the light grow much brighter then before and almost a crackling of power could be seen as it took shape.

Rolled a 12 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Item : Cloak of the Forgotten

Quality : Perfect

Enhancements : +2 Damage Mitigation and +1 Evasion

Description : A woven silk cloak reinforced with pieces of hide refined to be as hard as steel.  It shimmers as it flows upon the back of it's wearer, embroidered with golden stitching along the edges.

"I DID IT!"

Lotharian wasn't even thinking about the customer out front as he shouted in triumph.  He had created not only a brilliant cloak but a masterpiece of tailoring.  As he gazed upon the cloak he felt pride in his work.  Bringing it out to the front counter Lotharian lay it down upon the display's glass and presented it to it's new owner.

"Sorry for the wait sir, but here is just the cloak you wanted.  I present you with the perfect quality Cloak of the Forgotten.  It is safe to say that with this upon your shoulders mobs and other players alike will be wary of you."

[Dice ID # 1559]

Zelrius made his way into a new Armor crafting shop he had heard was rather good at what the owner did. So now he stood at the counter, RReady to order and did infact make this order that was plenty selfish, As his intentions for this item was not the boss fight but for other reasons that Zelrius disclosed only to himself.

"Hello, I'd like to order a Pair of Boots, Perfect Quality. +2 Evasion +1 Accuray. And If Possible Name Them The Phoenix Wings."

Zelrius then sent a request asking the owner, Loth, if he would like to receive 5 mats as payment for this item creation

-5 mats (now have 4 Sad stuff for me)

Shortly after finishing his first major work another customer made his way into the shop.  As the man stepped up he was very straight forward in what he wanted, Lotharian was filled with confidence after his last success.

"Well of course sir, I will get right on your boots, it will only take a little bit hopefully."

Picking up the mats Lotharian made his way into the back to start upon his new project.  As he prepared the materials he tried to repeat the process he had used to produce his masterpiece cloak.  He was hoping that he could recreate that feeling and make his name known for his ability to craft only the best.

"Hmmmmm"

Lotharian had again succeeded in making something, it just wasn't that good of something, a simply aesthetic item.  He decided that this would just be thrown into the scrap pile to reprocess later.

Obtained salvageable item

Kazuya looked at his new cloak. "Wow! It is just like how it was in the beta. With this as a symbol of your handiwork, You can bet I will be back in the future. You, my friend, just got a loyal customer." He smiled as he donned on the cloak, testing his maneuverability. It was greatly improved. "You really do work wonders with simple leather and thread. I salute you." On that note, he put 50 Col on the counter as a small tip, as it was all he could afford, and left. "Thanks," he said as he left. 

Resting for a moment Lotharian began to work upon his new project once more, the man had provided enough materials for quite a few attempts and they weren't going to go to waste.  Sweat ran down his forehead as he worked upon the boots the man had ordered.

Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.

The item took form, though Lotharian could already tell they were not what he had intended.  They were boots alright but the way it looked was off from what he was attempting to do.  As he inspected it he found they were of uncommon quality and something a bit different.

Item : Striker Boots

Enhancements : +1 Acc

Description : Dark colored leather boots styled with criss-crossed straps upon the ankles.

[Dice ID # 2515]

Encouraged by the not so unfavorable outcome of the last attempt Lotharian quickly took out another material hoping to keep the momentum going.  He was determined to produce another good item for his customer base.  It was important to make his name known.  As he finalized the last stitching on the materials they began to glow.

Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Indeed the momentum had remained but not in the upward sense.  He seemed to have created another uncommon item, though this time it was not even a pair of boots as he had been going for.  It was odd albeit not a completely unwanted display of his improving skills as a tailor.

Item : Feral Gauntlets

Enhancements : +1 Damage Mit

Description : Fingerless gloves that cover half of the forearm as well.  Plated metal covers the back of them for defensive and blocking purposes.  This plate is scaled to avoid reducing dexterity of the wrist whilst moving and battling with them equipped.

[Dice ID # 2516]

It was getting a little late in the day but Lotharian was not daunted, he was resolute in his wish to fulfill the customer's order.  With this in mind he once again removed a material from the stock and began work upon it.  As he smoothed the leather out on the tanning wrack he hoped to grab and hold the feeling he had attained upon crafting that first perfect item he had crafted for his first customer.  The creation started to take form and he wasn't all too sure what he was looking at.

Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.

The time was taxing on him apparently as he was not quite in tip top shape for this one.  The item was an utter failure and as he grabbed it up he quickly threw it into the refuse been, at the very least he might be able to salvage some material from it later.  Putting down his tools Lotharian decided it might be a good time to rest for the moment and get back to this endeavor when he was refreshed.

[Dice ID # 2518]