[SP-F3] The Good Thing about Fear [Complete]

Crozeph is scanning in his inventory while walking on the forest on floor 3, he wanted to go hunt for material for his first cloak and sword and it seems like he tries to get ready for almost any monster who might drop some loot for him "floor 3 is a good place to start" he thought. Crozeph thought about where to start hunting and floor 2 may not seem good place to start. "the harder the monster to kill, the more loot it will drop." Crozeph scrolled down in his inventory and was dismayed with the things he saw "bread and water plus..." Crozeph closed the menu and pulled out his sword "... a starter sword" Crozeph has been going solo for a while except when a friend of his who goes by the name Arekkusu invites him to go hunting "that guy is quite an adventurer" he thought. Crozeph knew that he had to do some hunting to get better items and as he walks on the forest he noticed that the trees around give a good shade to rest on. 

Crozeph suddenly stopped upon hearing a sound of the bush rustling "here goes the loot"he thought. Crozeph's instincts kicked in and looked at the bush in front of him.After staring at it for while, a wolf came out of the bushes snarling at him. Crozeph pulled out his sword and pointed it at the wolf "not a chance wasted" after pointing the sword,Crozeph quickly lunged at the wolf in front of him giving it no chance to react on his attack. Crozeph quickly jumped back after landing his first attack on the wolf "not bad Crozeph, not bad" he said to himself.

[iD:1184]

• BD  [8]  >>successful<<

• Crozeph 11/11
  • Wolf 5/6
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wolf has been watching the player from afar, it sees the player as a prey that is ready for the taking. After lying in wait in the bushes it decided to move a little, to make itself ready for a first attack but the player has good instincts and that blew its cover. The wolf quickly jumped out in the bushes, frustrated at the blunder of its plans then the player landed a blow at it. The wolf didn't have time to react making it receive the attack of the player without even moving.

It wasn't over yet, the wolf will not go down without a fight. It snarled at the player, trying to tell him that the wolf is not that easy to kill. It bared it's fangs and charged at the player its mind set on biting his arm off, the arm he used to attack the wolf but the player moved beside it. The player saw the attack and now the wolf is open for an attack, a chance for the player to finish it off.

[iD: 1185]

• MD [2] >>fail<<

• Crozeph 11/11
  • Wolf 5/6

"That was close" Crozeph said as he backs away from the wolf. "It was trying to bite my arm off" he thought. Crozeph saw the opening as the wolf quickly turns to face him. "I guess this is another chance" Crozeph closed in to the wolf to lessen the distance and tried to take the chance but the wolf was fast enough to face him and jump back dodging the slash that he expected to hit the wolf "crap, its fast enough to dodge my attack" he said. Crozeph looked around him and saw that the space of the battlefield is still wide enough for him to move freely "let's hope that there won't be roots and stone around where I can stumble down" he said. Crozeph looked at the wolf and waited for it to attack him "once it closes in, I'll move to its side again and..." Crozeph saw the wolf charging at him and this time he needs to decide whether to block or dodge that wolf.

[iD:1186]

BD [2] fail

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 5/6

The wolf felt a rush of fear as it charges towards the player. The wolf's reaction at the player's previous attack was enough for it to avoid the hit that the player tried but failed. As it nears the player, the wolf moved to the player's right making him follow its movements then it charged again this time at full speed and tried to bite the player's head off with a pounce. The player ducked as the wolf is in midair. It closed it jaws but the player successfully dodged the attack. The wolf landed on the ground and snarled angrily, this is the second time it missed on attacking the player and it looks like anger and fear started emanating around them both.

[iD: 1187]

MD [4] fail

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 5/6

Crozeph felt his heart beat fast as he dodged the pounce of the wolf "almost" he said. Crozeph started to feel fear as he quickly stood up "this feeling...I've got to remember that death is real here" he said. Crozeph quickly turned around and saw the wolf's behind. "Pay attention to your prey!" He yelled. The wolf turned around and snarled at the him but Crozeph is already near and his distance is enough for him to land a blow on the wolf "this is for trying to bite my head off!" he slashed at the wolf pushing it back and making it wince as it feels the pain of the attack "I need to be more careful" he said. Crozeph stepped his right foot forward and pointed the sword at the wolf, gripping his sword with his left hand and his right arm guarding face.

[iD: 1189]

BD [7] >>success<<

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 4/6

It seems that the wolf didn't like how the situation is in favor of the player. Its attacks keep on missing leaving the player unscathe for a while now. The wolf began charging at the player again and this time it started to attack with caution as to not leave itself open for the player's counterattack. The wolf tried to bite off the player's arm just like it did for the first time but the player seems to dodge its direct attacks with ease. the wolf quickly turned to face the player and this time it will try to make more caution on moving.

[iD: 1214]

MD: [2] >>fail<<

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 4/6

Seeing that the wolf is already facing him leaving no chance of a quick attack, Crozeph watched the wolf snarl at him for missing its attack again "this getting longer than I expected" he said as he guards his head. Crozeph charged at the wolf but stopped a few feet away and let the reach of his sword hit the wolf but it either it was to short or he didn't have enough distance to hit it. Crozeph quickly moved back and maintained his stance so as not to get bitten by the wolf "looks like the hunting for material won't come easily" he said.

[iD: 1244]

BD: [1] >>fail<<

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 4/6

The wolf successfully dodged the attack of the player this time. It was already getting dark and the wolf will have an advantage this time assuming that the player is not that adept at places with low light. The wolf lunged at the player and tried to break his stance but it failed. the wolf hit the blade of the player's sword and the player pushed it back. The wolf is already getting more angry with its attacks failing but its to early to give up on its prey yet. The wolf quickly stood on guard for the player's attack hoping to block it or dodge it.

[iD: 1245]

Mob Dice: [2] >>fail<<

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 4/6

Crozeph blocked the wolf's attack rendering it useless for the time being. "As long as I can dodge or block it...I'll be safe" he thought. Crozeph knew that the wolf is already getting cautious on its attack "let's see if you can see this" Crozeph moved his right foot forward and pointed his sword at the wolf and made a slashing motion at the wolf. After reaching a few feet enough to hit it, Crozeph changed the motion of his sword and made a quick thrust on it's side. The wolf got pushed back again after receiving the attack of the player "I guess its defense is not enough for the sudden change of attack" he said as he goes to a defensive stance again.

[iD: 1246]

Battle Dice: [7] >>success<<

Crozeph 11/11

Wolf 3/6

The wolf let out a frustrated bark at the player. Its already angry enough to not think of what to do next. After taking the blow, the wolf charged at the player again and tried to bite anything off him. The player was quick enough and anticipated the attack but the  wolf's fangs has now successfully hit the player. The wolf took the chance and closed it's jaws but the player moved fast to avoid his shoulder getting bitten but still it made the player feel pain as it wounded his shoulder. 

[iD: 1247]

Mob Dice: [7] >>success<<

Crozeph 10/11

Wolf 3/6

Crozeph felt the pain that the wolf inflicted on him "not going easy anymore huh" he said at the wolf. Crozeph knew that this will soon come and he was still caught by the fangs of the wolf. Crozeph moved forward again enough to slash at the wolf "if it can inflict damage even when I'm guarding, then it would be more painful is I'm open" he said. Crozeph tried to deal damage and at the same time guarding himself at the wolf's counterattack but it failed. His reach was not enough again to deal damage to the wolf "crap, I keep on messing up on my distance to the enemy" he said. Crozeph moved two steps backward guarding but maintaining his distance "this battle is getting longer" he said.

[iD: 1250]

Battle Dice: [5] >>fail<<

Crozeph 10/11

Wolf 3/6

The wolf saw the blunder that the player made trying to be cautious with his attack. The wolf sees the opportunity to bite something off the player. It lunged forward and bit the player's arm then hitting him with its tail. The player didn't show any sign of pain at seeing him driven back is enough for the wolf to know that it landed a critical blow on him. It snarled at the player telling him again the the wolf with not go down without a fight. The wolf started to move around, it's eyes on the player who also seem to be in a much more serious mood after its attack connected.

[iD: 1256]

Mob Dice: [10] >>critical success<<

+2 dmg

Crozeph 7/11

Wolf 3/6

Crozeph didn't noticed the pain much, it was normal to feel pain after getting attacked. What really made him feel a much more deeper fear was the HP he lost after the attack. "Even when I blocked the attack..." Crozeph looked at the wolf. It was circling him now as if it felt superior after giving him a critical blow. "Gained confidence already huh" he said. Crozeph knew that he had to keep his cool even when his health is not that good. He tried to slash at the wolf but it moved too far back to avoid the blade completely. "I guess you feel stronger when you make someone feel fear" he said. Crozeph smiled at it as if he's ready for anything that it will hit him "you know there is something that fear can do in this situation" he said. Crozeph could feel his heart beating fast, he doesn't know anymore who the predator and who the prey is but still he made a defensive stance "it's not over yet" he thought.

[iD: 1257]

Battle Dice: [1] >>critical failure<<

Crozeph 7/11

Wolf 3/6

The wolf stepped back, successfully dodging the player's attack. As it regains its balance after moving back, the wolf quickly charged at the player who is already too cautious and making the fight go longer for both of them. The wolf opened it's jaws and tried to bite the player's right leg to break its defensive stance but it was too simple. The player just moved back seeing it charge at him.

[iD: 1305]

Battle Dice: [1] >>critical failure<<

Crozeph 7/11

Wolf 3/6

Crozeph saw the attack that the wolf made. "Trying to break my stance huh" he said. Crozeph side stepped and made an upwards slash at the side of the wolf. The wolf had no time to move back and that made the attack more painful for it because of its wide opening upon attacking him "how's that puppy" Crozeph sheathe his sword and let the wolf shatter then he waited for a loot drop. "What? no loot drop?" he yelled. Crozeph let out a deep sigh "I guess I've got to hunt for another monster again" he thought. Crozeph started making his way out of the city into the wide grasslands of floor 3 "I should just start here again."

[iD: 1310]

Battle Dice: [10] >>critical success<<

1+ 2 dmg

Loot Dice [6] >>no loot<<

Crozeph 7/11

Wolf 0/6 

Crozeph walked out of the forest without encountering any kind of monsters making him regenerate a little of his health "I'll try my luck on these open field" Crozeph looked around him and saw that the sun is slowly setting "I still have time to have two or three fights." As he kept on walking, Crozeph remembered his day in the real world. "I miss working at the convenient store, I get to buy bread before I go home" he said. Crozeph opened his inventory and took out a bread. He slowly ate it, thinking that he might just satisfy the hunger he had for the food that he usually eats. "Once I've got enough materials I'll go to an information broker, assuming that they don't charge me high for info." Crozeph finished eating the bread and opened his menu again "I'm pretty sure 400 col is not enough for an info" he thought. Crozeph stopped walking and enjoyed the color of the sky as the sun sets "it looks real here Aya, just like what we saw at the demo" he said. 

Crozeph was already trying to fight the urge to sleep while walking at the grasslands, he has no trouble fighting his urge to sleep but being in a place that he doesn't feel real makes it hard for sleep to come and now that he feels sleepy "now that I feel sleepy, I can't sleep because it's not safe here" he said. Crozeph has already heard of rumors about sleep PK and it made him feel fear of dying just because of sleep "I don't want to die because of doing the thing that I like to do" he said. Crozeph suddenly stopped near the trees as he saw another wolf again prowling in the area "this is my chance..." Crozeph began darting towards the wolf, planning to caught it unaware. As he closes in a few feet to the wolf, Crozeph pulled out his sword and with the single slash to the hind leg of the wolf, he made it whimper and pushed it back "I'm getting really good at this" he said.

[iD: 1345]

Battle Dice: [8] >>success<<

Crozeph 11/13

Wolf 5/6

The wolf was prowling around looking for preys to kill then it heard footsteps, fast ones and as it turned around, the wolf saw the player charging towards it. The wolf had no time to react and as it receive the cut on its neck by the players weapon the wolf lost balance and was easily pushed by the player. The wolf got angry, it was supposed to be the predator and not the player. Th wolf began to circle around the player, its eye on him and ready to attack him. After circling him twice, the wolf began it's attack. It quickly lunged at the player and tried biting his arm as payback for his surprise attack. The player successfully dodged the bite but suffered a pain to his shoulder as he ducked to avoid the wolf. The wolf jumped back and let out a howl then it snarled at the player.

[iD: 1347]

Mob Dice: [8] >>success<<

Crozeph 10/13

Wolf 5/6

"That howl doesn't sound good" Crozeph said as he gets ready for his attack "it'll attract the other monsters as well" he added. Crozeph knew that he needs to finish this fight before another monster joins the fray. He gripped his sword tight and rushed towards the wolf "it'll try to block my attack..." he thought "...it feels superior now" he added. He was right, the wolf is still standing still in front of him but whether it will block or dodge, Crozeph couldn't tell "let's hope that it won't..." remembered something. As he closes in a few distance, Crozeph saw the minimal movement of the wolf to its right "it will try to move to my..." Crozeph quickly side stepped to his left and anticipated the movement of the wolf making his slash hit its side. The then quickly backed away after getting hit "good thing I saw the movement of its foot" he said to himself. 

[iD:1356]

Battle Dice: [7] >>success<<

Crozeph 10/13

Wolf 4/6

It feels the pain again. The wolf's rage is slowly rising after the player anticipated its movements. After recovering from the pain, The wolf slowly moved towards the player. He seems to talk to himself as the wolf looks at him then without a slight hesitation it pounced on the player targeting his shoulder again. The player dodged the attack, it was too simple again and easily anticipated. The wolf let out a growl of frustration never realizing that the player is getting ready for his next attack behind him.

[iD: 1357]

Mob Dice: [5] >>fail<<

Crozeph 10/13

Wolf 4/6