RP requests

I know there has been a lot of talk about what we need to do to get the RP up and going. Looking for what we need, levels, stats and all the little details that need to be known about the series to help make this RP one of the best there is. However, SAO is a game where pretty much anything could happen. So this is a topic where people can post there idea's about something they would like to see in the RP that was not seen in the Series. No idea is too crazy but remember that this is also a RP text based site so we cant get to crazy ;)

• 11 months later...

This is more of a request toward the actually series rather than being something totally different. I have a suggestion that has to do with how we can settle the duel wielding issue. Many, many players would love to duel wield but knowing they can't cause it's suppose to be a skill only Kirito uses I feel that we could allow one user on this site to have it. In all honesty it's not fair seeing that no one can be Kirito yet we have his Starburst Stream as a skill. Well I'm leaving my suggestion behind with all this mumbling so here's what I've come up with!

Maybe come up with being able to duel wield by having some sort of tournament with player vs player duels. Whoever shows the most stylish reacting time and wins move up to the semi finals, and then the finals. Being whoever wins are granted duel wielding. Though you don't choose who you fight in the tournament. That will be left up to the GM's or and Administrator randomizing everyone's opponent. Whoever reaches the yellow first loses. Everyone's health will be 10/10. Once you reach 5 it's game over for you. This will give everyone a good chance to win instead of someone like me, a level 9 fighting a level 4. Anything could happen but I'm sure we all know who'd win. Another thing is that you will not be able to use a skill that recovers your health since some users do not posse that. That's what I have came up with about duel wielding.

Thank you for your time! I really appreciate it and hope this idea gets somewhere! ^^

Sounds good. We would need the fights to be dice based to make it even more fair/ random then.

With randomizing the duels, that wont be an issue. We can assign numbers and do a computerized randomization.

With stylish and quick reaction, That might be hard since the reaction can't be fast unless the two players are online dueling it out the entire battle and on top of every post. That will be hard to do.

Yes, sorry about leaving the battle dice out! It slipped my mind but yes, I see what you mean about them posting right after another. So instead I came up with a system similar to the battle dice. *cough*

It's exactly like the battle dice I gave an example of below with the hit or miss concept.

Battle dice: 1-5 (miss) 6-10 (hit)

Though with the crafting dice a.k.a reacting dice you have three options as you can see below.

Reacting Dice: 1-4 (failed to avoid attack) 5-8 (Barely reacted in time) 9-12 (Quickly reacted and depending if your battle dice is higher you strike also.)

So people will defiantly need to pay attention to both of those so there is nothing being mislead during their battle. That's why I suggested a GM or Administrator to be on look out for the tournament battles so there don't be much confusion.

Again, thanks for taking the time to look at this when you do! ^_^

Ok. I like where you are going with this but I see a problem. There is a collision between the Battle dice and the Crafting/ Reaction dice. I can see one person rolling a 6 on the battle dice and then the next player rolls a 5-12. A hit on the battle dice is a hit.

What do you plan to do about that.

Another of that same problems can be something like a 1-5 battle dice and a 1-4 crafting/reaction dice. a miss or a hit?

Very debatable.

I see exactly what you mean Shark. That is a huge collision but I may have a solution because I won't give up that easy. Let's see....

Well since we've got most of dice already in let's finish it up by throwing in the loot dice a.k.a deciding dice.

Deciding dice: Considering it's 1-20 let's go back to what you said could happen with that first thing you suggested. Yes, that would be a problem but let's decide what happens by using the deciding dice. Whoever has the highest deciding dice determines what happens when they come to a predicament like what you stated Shark. That way it won't only deal with skill but a huge luck based thing also.

About the second thing you stated, we can pretty much use the deciding dice for this to. Whether to let the person get the hit or avoid. But let's say if they both get 1-5 battle dice, that will make clash if their reacting dice is 1-4 also. I'm just hoping it's not too confusing because I know some would blame it being confusing as to why they lost. Hm?

I favor Zauis' suggestion: it would be nice and interesting to have a bunch of players get together and duke it out! Personally, I don't want to dual-wield, seeing as I use a two-handed weapon and plan to learn martial arts when I hit the second floor, but I'd love to compete for fun and if I miraculously win, I'll just shuffle the skill to the runner-up ^^