[SP-F6] Quests and questions, part2

Celes was having tea when the message appeared 

We need to talk. Now, Sixth floor, small cafe near south gate.

Her information broker had never sent her a message like this. She was interested to see what he had in mind, if he was messaging them, then it meant he was finally paying her back for the information she had given him earlier. She set out to the sixth floor. 

Celes had to stop herself from running, she knew this was going to be good. Sittign down at the shop she waited. She never had to wait long, somehow he could always arrive late while still looking as if he was expecting you. It made no sense and yet, there he was. "I hear you like those <<Extra skills>>  yeah? i got some information on one that you might like. I looked a bit more into what you told me, about focusing and meditating, yeah? well guess what!  I got information for you. You were right, in fact, there is a 'Meditation skill' and guess what. I'm giving you the information first. i'll wait a week before i give it to anyone else. I did say I owed you." 

Celes looked at him slyly, he want usually this generous.... 

She gave him a look as she said "Why are you being this generous? whats going on here?" He grinned "Look, you figured this out before anyone else, and, on top of that you gave me valuable info, I'm excited to see what you make of this. in the end this information could be even more useful to me." 

Ah, that was it. She was supposed to report back, he probably hd no idea if this was dangerous or anything. she smiled "Okay then, we are good, i'll take this info and run with it, show me." 

They returned to her inn and he showed her on the map where to find a waterfall that supposedly help information on the skill, there would be an NPC nearby, he may have more information. 

She walked to the waterfall the next morning. It didn't seem like much, and she couldn't fins any NPC but she decided to try something else. she sat down and emptied her mind...  

she began to count down from  25.... 

There it was, the emptiness that she needed... 

She heard a voice coming from right beside her "SO i guess its about that time, eh?" 

Celes suddenly fell otu of her meditative state. She looked around and saw.... her!  It was a perfect copy of her. She prepared her spear. She had faced herself before, as part of another quest btu this seemed different. The nega-celes didnt seem to have her equipment, but stille she seemed... different. 

She smiled wide, wider than Celes had thought she was capable of. "What not ready to face your inner demons?  Not ready to face the fact that you dont want to go back?!?! that you enjoy the battles here more than you ever enjoyed anything in the real world?!? Did you ever Truly love HER!?!? Cant you see, it was all a lie! you dont want to go back. And i'll prove it to you!!" 

She rushed forward to attack (1781, bd 9, mob 4) Celes stepped aside, if this was truly her dark side then she had her impatience too. She rushed clumsily, btu Celes had been prepared. She struck with her spear (DMG 9-2 DM=7) and smiled. "You may be my dark side, but you cant seem to touch this!!" The nega Celes  howled in rage, this was not going to be simple, was it?

Celesmeh 27/27

Nega celes 20/27

The nega Celes wildly swung at her (1782, bd 9, mob 1) She tripped falling to the floor as the Real Celes rushed forward slashing at her (dmg 9-2=7) and cuttign into her arm. The nega celes began to laugh "Cant you see I enjoy this!??!  Can you see?!?! I want to die here, if we die here we dont have to go back, Ahahahahahaha! We will be here, be HERE FOREVER AAHAHAHAHHA. No more pain, no more hurting..." 

Celes stopped for a moment, she had.. she had heard this before... no, where, No more pain... just like... When she was... depressed

Four years ago

I wanted to die... there is no light in this world, i am a useless stain. What can i do? only panic? only cry? what is the point of living, I just make those that love me sad-

"No" 

No one needs me, no one wants me. I lay videogames and read so that i can escape, this world. i am useless i am worthless, i am-

"No, you are worth something. You are loved" 

Yes, her words. They had been what helped her see, helped her change.... 

Celes looked at her darker side on the floor, laughing, crying?  She wasnt sure. She dropped her spear and walked over. "Theres no need for this. You are part of me, I love you and accept you. You are important. I am who I am because I have y-" 

"Dont lie to me! You hate me! You always have! you ignore me! you want me to die! you want me to leave! I am so tired, so, so tired..." 

Celes could feel the tears streaming down her face. 

"You are loved, because I love you... because I love myself... every side of me... all of me... Even... even you..."

Nega celes Began to cry in earnest now, still attempting to hit her. Each hit had less strength behind it, each one with less motivation.  eventually she lay there, alomst limp in her arms crying. "i wanted her to hate me, to never want to see me again...that way, i never... I could never disappoint her..." 

Celes smiled tenderly remembering words that she had been told long ago "You can never disappoint me, I love you. I love all of you..." 

The Nega celes disappeared in a golden light. Suddenly Celes's hp dropped. 20/27. Ah just as i thought, i had been hurting myself this entire time... this is.. a truly dangerous quest, if other people attempt this... 

She sighed and sat down to meditate again. Something was telling her that this wasnt over just yet.

She dove into the water but.. There was something strange... Of course, the water here wasn't real, she could see perfectly! But still she had to hurry, she may not have needed to breathe but there was still a counter. When she got to the bottom of the waterfall she saw what she had been looking for, a small chest. It was just like the one she had see before. She opened the chest and her oxygen counter stopped for a moment.

<<New skill!>>

But no, she didn't have time to check her inventory, she needed to get out. She tried to swim upwards but, what?!? A current? From the waterfall, of course! She was stuck under! She needed to make it out! But.. How? If she couldn't swim out.. He mind flashed with ideas, possibilities, when she saw something swimming out of the corner of her eye. It was A fish. It could be fought, but usually people didn't bother. It seemed unaffected by the current.

That was it! With all her might she attacked the fish, forcing it to aggro her.

The fish attacked, pushing her out of the current. She took the hit, letting her body go off in the direction of the attack. The fish went to strike aga, but she quickly activated her disguise skill. The disorientation was just enough that she managed to swim up and catch a breath of fresh air. But now... She still had the fish to deal with...

Fish 10/10

Celes 19/27

(1798 ,mob 7) cles used her spear to propel her outside of the fish's range of attack. Fortunately he was still dazed by her earlier disguise. Continued to swim, choosing to get out of the water rather than fight some goofy fish. "I d-didn't start fighting out to kill, just to get out, i-im sorry mr fish!"

Finally she made it to the edge (1799, mob 7) she was able to slip past the fish and get out of the water. She allowed herself to lay there for a moment, knowing the fish wouldn't follow her out.

After a few minutes of resting she decided to head back to the inn, she would have to think long and hard weather or not she would tell anyone about this. Her info broker expected her to but... This was Crazy!

She made it back to her inn without incident, but suddenly she felt so tired. That night she slept and dreamt of herself engulfed in darkness. Through the dress no matter how much she tried to move she found she could not. Eventually she began to cry. As each tear fell she saw light, each tear b coming a shining pearl, a chain of shining pearls. One after the other.

She began to follow them, wondering where they would take her. One... Two... Three... Twenty four... thirty two... She couldn't stop crying but as the followed the tears she realized they were a thread, the same thread she had seen while meditating. The same thread that could connect her to everything around.

This world was connected in ways that she couldn't see... And she wanted to learn them all.

The next morning she woke up less conflicted. The quest itself was dangerous, yes, but she now understood that everyone has to face it in a different way, her trials were her own, no one could repeat them. She sent a message out to her broker.

"I got the info for you, you really owe me"

She set out to their cafe, this time on the sixth floor. She sat and ordered an éclair while she waited for him to appear, late as usual, but making her feel early.

They sat down to chat. " look, it's dangerous, whoever does it ends up fighting what they are most afraid of, including oneself. If you lose, you die. This isn't hit a rock in the right spot, it's this thing finding your weak spot." She sighed, knowing this would not be enough information for him. " there's something else too, the chest, it's a trap, you can get the skill without being prepared to go underwater, ok?"

He looked at her, staring into her eyes. "There's something different about you, what the hell happened out there? "

She smiled sadly and assured softly. " I learned about myself."

This is finished, summary!

Full pages : 1

Players :1

Rewards:

2 skill points

Meditation skill