(SP-F5) An Alpha, but maybe not an Omega

Arekkusu often hears and thinks this phrase to himself. Why do you fight in this game if you don't want to get out? The truth is, Arekkusu doesn't want to leave SAO for one reason only... he feels it treats him better. He has said this to himself many times in the game, but then why does he still continue asking himself that? Arekkusu has been attacked, he has attacked, he gambles his life, he survives on whatever he finds, he always needs to carry his sword, and yet he still feels better about himself here. Arekkusu considered this and realized that he never lived a normal life, not one second he lived a normal life. But that's what he feels is the only thing unique about him, it makes him who he is. He wasn't spoiled, nowhere near close, so he learned discipline. The game taught him how to enjoy himself in the best way he can. He also learned that the game was designed to have advantages and disadvantages. In what many would call unfair world, Arekkusu found it to be his freedom. He had knives pulled on him and weapons aimed at his head and yet he still feels best in this world. What does that say about the outside world?

One thing Arekkusu never thought about was what happened when the game is cleared. Of course he didn't expect that to be anytime soon, but how would the world be by then? He would just appear in a hospital bed or possibly his room if he is all right. He knew his family is waiting for him, yet he isn't really trying to get to them. How would that make them feel? Still, it's not like Arekkusu was bothered by that anymore. One thing that the game taught him to be was a lone wolf at heart, even when he teams up. That was something that Arekkusu felt his old self had correct in life. He held his sword with pride and uses it to protect him and his group, but at the end of the day it will end up in Arekkusus room only there to stand for Arekkusu. He knew that the sword came from a different player, but in the end it was his to use. Arekkusu never say the player who gave him the weapon to at least say thank you, and it's not like Arekkusu knew where to go to find him.

Arekkusu looked at his map. He was most certainly in no ones range, which gives him the silence that he needed to talk. The ultimate question remained in his head. Am I going to make it? Arekkusu thought. I can only do so much right now and if any players wanted to take advantage of me, they could and easily stab me in the back. Arekkusu knew that this was something he started, but he never expected it to be a game of survival. He had somewhat strong items, but seriously? He may have started the game weak and now he is somewhat strong, but he knew that if he was too scared to even fight the 9th floor boss, he had no way of surviving the game. He would try to join, but he recently heard that the doors slammed themselves closed. If he wanted to fight, he would have to wait for the 10th floor boss. He knew of someone who was once really a lower level player who is actually partaking in the fight. Meanwhile a once higher player couldn't even clear some of the eighth floor monsters with a PARTNER. Now that is sad in his eyes, Arekkusu had so many doubts of his survival. But Arekkusu would never try to take his own life, there were so many people he owed his life to.

For items I couldn't even obtain on my own. Arekkusu thought to himself. Not one of these items I got with my own work. I always rely on those who didn't need help... is that supposed to be good? Support is nice and all but... am I seriously too weak to survive?

Arekkusu went onto a floor that was a lot easier than he could ever imagine. He was a level 8 player, this was a level 5 floor. If he couldn't beat an enemy here without any trouble, he will actually quit and attempt to do something other than fighting. He needs to survive, and if he couldn't fight his way into survival, he needs to find something else he could do to survive.

Arekkusu walked down the slope until he saw an isolated Giant Armadillo. It looked easy enough to take out, all Arekkusu had to do was slice under its stomach, or break through its defenses. You can attack it in two ways, even a level 5 player shouldn't have trouble with such an enemy. If Arekkusu struggled now, he will forfeit his blade, or so he decides. He wants to gamble everything down to this one enemy. He wants to put his life first, and this is how he plans to do it.

"I..." Arekkusu started. "...All or nothing. I will see if I truly deserve to fight or sheathe my blade otherwise."

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice. (1+1+3=5)
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Arekkusu ran at the armadillo from behind, which then rolled away from Arekkusu quickly. Then it made a U-Turn on Arekkusu and headed for him. Arekkusu held his blade up, ready to stab through it. Arekkusu then pierced it through the shell once the clash of armor and sword came together. Arekkusu was pushed back a bit, but he took no physical damage. Meanwhile the Armadillo took plenty of damage, calling out to gain some assitance, which may or may not work if Arekkusu can kill it quick enough.

(OOC: Just a story! Just a story! Don't jump me and say I'm quitting or any of those things. I'll make sure he wins, besides it seems to to me he has the upper hand already.)

Arekkusu: 27/27

Giant Armadillo: 5/10

Arekkusu walked back from the Armadillo when more then came to the aid of it's falling sibling. Arekkusu was surrounded by the three Armadillos, but he didn't feel fear. He knew that id he died, that would be his fate, and Arekkusu wasn't going to run away from the fight. The only way for Arekkusu to live from this point on is to fight his way out. If he wants his life, he was going to earn it.  He held his shield in a defensive stance and slowly spun around with his blade held out, warning his enemies of the dangers of messing with a player. He then aimed for one of the fresher Armadillos by jumped onto it.

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d12 (craft) dice.

Arekkusu was quick and took a good stab in the back of the beast. The Armadillo cried out in agony before it shook Arekkusu off its back before Arekkusu felt his own sword fall on his leg. Well that was painful and really diminishing to his spirit, but Arekkusu picked up himself and his sword and braced himself for battle once again.

(Sword Dropping dmg= 1+1=2)

Arekkusu: 23/27

Giant Armadillo 1: 5/10

Giant Armadillo 2: 10/10

Giant Armadillo 3: 5/10

"I'm not done yet!" Arekkusu exclaimed with the hope of winning his own bet. Despite the fact that he was trying to calm himself down, one of his favorite things to do was solve his problems by killing fake monsters. It normally does make him feel better about the game. Arekkusu felt his leg numb, but surprisingly he wasn't bleeding, so he just lost all logic. His skin seemed a bit grazed, which is something he can deal with. Arekkusu then gain his strength and aimed for the Armadillo that he fell off of. He this time didn't jump on it, but aimed for it directly in the face.

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

In the meantime, Arekkusu recieved another cut, this time to the face, but still no blood, which amazed Arekkusu in a good way. Arekkusu closed his eyes and smiled when he heard data shattering. He didn't take enough damage for him to feel ready to quit.

Arekkusu: 22/27

Giant Armadillo 1: 5/10

Giant Armadillo 2: 10/10

Giant Armadillo 3: DEAD